Outer Banks
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
I've seen a few mentions of the recent TSB regarding brake noise. Here's the full scoop!

Ford Bronco Sport TSB 22-2326 : "Moan Noise in the Rear Brakes When Driven in Reverse in Cold Weather or High Humidity" Screenshot 2022-10-24 144733

New parts:

Ford Bronco Sport TSB 22-2326 : "Moan Noise in the Rear Brakes When Driven in Reverse in Cold Weather or High Humidity" Screenshot 2022-10-24 144843
Sponsored

Its her Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Ford Escape and Mercury Mountaineer
Thanks for posting this. My 2021 Ford Escape does this and I will call the dealer and get something set up to get this fixed.

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
I have this with my front brakes also. The rear brakes sound like a car horn when Iā€™m going backwards. My front brakes sound like an air horn and can feel it vibrate in the steering wheel when I go forward. Thought a truck was coming at me when it first happened it was so loud. Is there One for the fronts also?

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
I have this with my front brakes also. The rear brakes sound like a car horn when Iā€™m going backwards. My front brakes sound like an air horn and can feel it vibrate in the steering wheel when I go forward. Thought a truck was coming at me when it first happened it was so loud. Is there One for the fronts also?
Hi there. Could you please send us a private message with your VIN and dealership information? I'd be happy to look into things on my end.

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
Hi Ford Iā€™ve been dealing with constant issues in regards to my badlands. I have a Ford rep and a dealer Iā€™m working with. It goes into the shop again this week.

MotownSVT

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport, 2022 Ford Explorer
Glad there's a TSB on this... mine has been doing this for the past month and it's been driving me crazy, but I knew with my luck that as soon as I took it in for service it'd stop doing it. I'll get an appointment to take it in next week.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I like the foghorn better than the ā€œbeep beep beepā€ from trucks backing up! :cool:

tjbronco

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport, 2020 Subaru Outback
Mine has honked the rear brakes since new - still does it at 10,000 miles. No noise from front brakes, but my front brakes are the dirtiest brakes I have ever owned - the front wheels are covered with brake dust within a couple of weeks of cleaning them. And I don't drive it very hard. When I get a chance, I may buy those rear brake parts (from the TSB) and throw on some ceramic pads all around as well...

Adam CW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Our Badlands has about 750 miles on it and we have noticed an issue with the brakes.

The brakes will occasionally squeal a little in the morning when backing up and sometimes make a groaning noise when coming to a stop.

My wife has experienced a loud thud that could be felt after taking her foot off the brake when parking. Itā€™s happened twice. I witnessed it once and it was a little worrying.

She claims the brakes donā€™t work as well as she thinks they should. Apparently, the brakes on our 2019 Escape with 40,000+ miles on it has better braking performance.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Our Badlands has about 750 miles on it and we have noticed an issue with the brakes.

The brakes will occasionally squeal a little in the morning when backing up and sometimes make a groaning noise when coming to a stop.

My wife has experienced a loud thud that could be felt after taking her foot off the brake when parking. Itā€™s happened twice. I witnessed it once and it was a little worrying.

She claims the brakes donā€™t work as well as she thinks they should. Apparently, the brakes on our 2019 Escape with 40,000+ miles on it has better braking.
I get the fog horn after several hours of sitting but no thumps. I do agree the brakes are not awe inspiring but then it may be more to do with the 2.0 being more than awe inspiring. The ā€˜95 Lightning had the brakes to match the intended use. Iā€™m guessing Ford was not expecting this to be used as a high speed vehicle. Just my two cents.

Adam CW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I get the fog horn after several hours of sitting but no thumps. I do agree the brakes are not awe inspiring but then it may be more to do with the 2.0 being more than awe inspiring. The ā€˜95 Lightning had the brakes to match the intended use. Iā€™m guessing Ford was not expecting this to be used as a high speed vehicle. Just my two cents.
Our Escape had the 2.0 with AWD as well.
Sponsored