Broncette

Badlands
First Name
Tracey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I know not all of us have the trunk open button next to the steering wheel but you might not be missing anything. What is even the point of it? I realize that pressing it sounds like you are releasing the trunk and the interior lights come on. But then to open the trunk you still have to press the button on the actual trunk. Am I missing something?

I wish the trunk button could open the back glass. Now that would actually be useful for me.
Sponsored

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I thought that’s what it did? I was under the impression it was for pick up delivery. A useless button for me. I’ll go check it out now.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know not all of us have the trunk open button next to the steering wheel but you might not be missing anything. What is even the point of it? I realize that pressing it sounds like you are releasing the trunk and the interior lights come on. But then to open the trunk you still have to press the button on the actual trunk. Am I missing something?

I wish the trunk button could open the back glass. Now that would actually be useful for me.
I just checked it out. It does release the rear hatch. No button pushing required from the outside. But, only the hatch, not the glass.

OP
OP
Broncette

Broncette

Badlands
First Name
Tracey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I just checked it out. It does release the rear hatch. No button pushing required from the outside. But, only the hatch, not the glass.
Oh you're right. I just tried it again. I don't know why the first time I tried it I felt like I had to push the button to get it open.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh you're right. I just tried it again. I don't know why the first time I tried it I felt like I had to push the button to get it open.
Probably because you grab it there anyways! I assumed if you were in the car with your key, the rear button is active but maybe not after driving and self locking feature.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Because if you hit it and don't immediately get out and open it, the hatch re-latches, ajar. I guess so it doesn't fly up when half-closed and driving.
Sponsored