Opening the trunk, which's the logic?

Rodrigo_V_U

First Name
Rodrigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Wildtrak
Hi, i admit that I have not yet understand how is the logic to open the trunk door.

With the car locked, sometimes if I arrive to the trunk (with the key in the pocket) and just pressing the button in the door, it opens.

But in other moments, if I try this, the lights just blink and it remains locked, I need to unlock using the remote control or going to the driver door and open

Does anybody here know what I need to do to keep the first option always available?
Sponsored

SWUKU

First Edition
First Name
GB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
There's a thread in here about it, and it's in the manual.
Something to do with hitting the trunk button in a certain sequence that removes the auto unlock.
You just need to reset it.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Unfortunately there is no known permanent solution at this time. Might as well memorize the procedure.

SSM 50452 2021-2022 Bronco Sport Liftgate Passive Entry Is Inoperative

Some 2021-2022 Bronco Sport vehicles equipped with passive entry system may experience a condition where the liftgate passive entry feature is inoperative. This may occur if the user inadvertently presses the liftgate button on the passive key fob once and then presses the exterior liftgate release switch, causing the liftgate passive entry feature to become inoperative.

To correct this condition, press the liftgate button twice on the passive key fob to restore the liftgate passive entry feature functionality.

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Thanks. I lost my functionality again so I'll use this today.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Someone should make a plate that can be attached to the liftgate for easy reminder:

press the liftgate button twice on the passive key fob to restore the liftgate passive entry feature functionality

(unless you have the passive key fob without the liftgate button; Ford didn’t think that through)

dbsb3233

Outer Banks
First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`21 Mustang Mach-E, `23 Bronco Sport OB
On a related note, I wish there were a better indicator that the doors are actually locking when leaving the vehicle. I don't use the fob buttons, just the inside lock button when getting out or the touch spot on the outside handle. I'm used to the auto-folding mirrors on my Mach-E that fold when locked. It's a nice confirmation.

On the BS, the locks are a little louder when engaging which helps a little, but when outside it's still hard to hear when there's other sounds. The parking lights flash quickly but they're not directly visible when standing at the driver door to use the touch spot. But the turn signal lights on the instrument cluster do flash quickly. That's about the only visible thing I've found when standing at the driver door.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On a related note, I wish there were a better indicator that the doors are actually locking when leaving the vehicle. I don't use the fob buttons, just the inside lock button when getting out or the touch spot on the outside handle. I'm used to the auto-folding mirrors on my Mach-E that fold when locked. It's a nice confirmation.

On the BS, the locks are a little louder when engaging which helps a little, but when outside it's still hard to hear when there's other sounds. The parking lights flash quickly but they're not directly visible when standing at the driver door to use the touch spot. But the turn signal lights on the instrument cluster do flash quickly. That's about the only visible thing I've found when standing at the driver door.
Yep, I agree. I pull-up on the rear door handle to make sure the doors are locked because I can’t always see that turn signal flash in bright sunlight.

Fuzzbear

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, '21 Badlands (RIP), '02 Ranger Edge

I sometimes lock it by pressing the fob lock button twice and that sounds the horn, giving me reassurance.

dbsb3233

Outer Banks
First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`21 Mustang Mach-E, `23 Bronco Sport OB
I sometimes lock it by pressing the fob lock button twice and that sounds the horn, giving me reassurance.
I rarely dig into my pocket anymore to actually grab the fob (plus I carry 2, for the other vehicle too).

I hate that they use the horn for that. That's the other extreme (too loud). Wish they had a chirp option we could just turn on any time the door locks on the final door closure.

Our Escape had a light on the outside of the mirror that would blink. That worked pretty well because it was nicely visible while standing at the door to close it. Was surprised the BS didn't have the same.