Slingy

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL, 1970 T-Bird, 1972 T-Bird
Has anyone had this happen yet? I have an appointment Monday 2/12/24 to get it checked out. It started a few weeks ago after driving on wet and salty NH roads. It went away until the next time we had repeat road conditions and it came back in full force. The no touch car wash will also set this off. It's been ok during dry road conditions but goes nuts in the rain.This affects the directional signals as well and causes them to blink fast. As a side note, I have never used my receiver and the only thing I've put on it is a black rubber Bronco cover. In fact, I've never even looked inside the cable connector door until this happened and everything looks clean and well covered with dielectric grease.

Vehicle is BSBL 2021 with just under 19k on the odometer.

Sponsored

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Perhaps wiring and/or connector was damaged or corroded with the salt, ice and maybe rodents chewing wires. Just my 2c.

OP
OP
Slingy

Slingy

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah maybe. I can't see much without taking off the bumper cover, muffler and heat shield over the muffler but from what I can see, which is pretty much the connector itself, it looks clean.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Yeah maybe. I can't see much without taking off the bumper cover, muffler and heat shield over the muffler but from what I can see, which is pretty much the connector itself, it looks clean.
Dealership won’t mind removing all that and more to find the problem. Installing it all back correctly you just hope they do a great job.

OP
OP
Slingy

Slingy

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dealership won’t mind removing all that and more to find the problem. Installing it all back correctly you just hope they do a great job.
You got that right! I was actually thinking of taking some before pictures just to make sure all screws and nuts go back where they belong.

Ridn Dirty

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BSBL
I occasionally have the same problem. It happens when it's cold and wet. The nonstop warnings are annoying.

OP
OP
Slingy

Slingy

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I occasionally have the same problem. It happens when it's cold and wet. The nonstop warnings are annoying.
Good! So I'm not alone on this. Have you done anything about it or are you just tolerating it? It wouldn't be as annoying if just one press of the "OK" button cleared it but it keeps coming back like a psychotic ex. when it acts up.

DonImbimbo

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
The trailer controller module is located in the right rear corner. Look for some water leaks behind the right rear wheel of maybe above that in the glass.

Has anyone had this happen yet? I have an appointment Monday 2/12/24 to get it checked out. It started a few weeks ago after driving on wet and salty NH roads. It went away until the next time we had repeat road conditions and it came back in full force. The no touch car wash will also set this off. It's been ok during dry road conditions but goes nuts in the rain.This affects the directional signals as well and causes them to blink fast. As a side note, I have never used my receiver and the only thing I've put on it is a black rubber Bronco cover. In fact, I've never even looked inside the cable connector door until this happened and everything looks clean and well covered with dielectric grease.

OP
OP
Slingy

Slingy

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The trailer controller module is located in the right rear corner. Look for some water leaks behind the right rear wheel of maybe above that in the glass.

Thank you, I'll take a look and try to find it.

RDS40

First Name
richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Explorer
I have problems sometimes on my Explorer with the spray at the car wash when entering. But after I'm out the other side and drive away, no other issues. I think the spray confuses the sensor system.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport

Good afternoon. Can you please send over a message with your VIN and the name/location of the Ford dealer you are currently working with? I would like to take a closer look at this warning light issue.

OP
OP
Slingy

Slingy

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is this what you're referring to?
Ford Bronco Sport Trailer Warnings Buggin' Out IMG_1387.JPG

OP
OP
Slingy

Slingy

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good afternoon. Can you please send over a message with your VIN and the name/location of the Ford dealer you are currently working with? I would like to take a closer look at this warning light issue.
I actually rescheduled my appointment with the dealer due to a snow storm coming through. I didn't want to take the chance of my car being in for any additional days and me being stuck without AWD.

DonImbimbo

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
It should have three connectors.
one harness heads to the front of the car.
one goes down through the hatch are floor
the last one goes up to the right hatch corner.

A total of about 7 or 8 wires

This module handles the trailer lighting from CAN BUS signals.

Is this what you're referring to?
Sponsored