Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
have you gone off road? with no issues?
lots of deep snow and some mud. a couple ditches, but no serious flexing. i couldn't see it being an issue tbh. i live in the prairies, where everything is flat.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
have you gone off road? with no issues?
The rubbing that happens when you put on too big of a tire happens on the back side of the wheel well near the bottom. There is a pinch weld flange there. So, the rubbing happens when the suspension is compressed and the steering wheel is turned. The wheel/tire moves back far enough that the rub happens.

If you lift the vehicle, it isn’t a fix for this rub. It just means that the suspension will have to compressed a little further when the steering wheel is turned for the rubbing to happen.

All that being said, all evidence from many many BS owners at this point says that a 29.5” (245/65/17) will not rub at any compression/steering angle, with or without a suspension lift.

NEFKANO

Badlands
First Name
NEFTALI
Threads
Reaction score
Website
neftalicano.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Just installed Falken Wildpeak 245 65 R17 with no leveling kit an NO rubbing, very happy with the driving sensation of the new tires, and the look is amazing!
Ford Bronco Sport Tires Size with stock height CEA63993-2C25-4F10-BB0C-55322C164AA9
This is the very best picture I have seen with regard to increasing the tire size... love it. Thanks for posting.... I too have a BL's and no desire to mess with a lift/levelimng kit... but also do not want to compromise my off road capability, that's why I bough the damn thing! hahaha No driveway queen here...

Just waiting for my OEM Pirellis to wear out a bit more 15K on the clock now

NEFKANO

Badlands
First Name
NEFTALI
Threads
Reaction score
Website
neftalicano.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I’m going to say it again, just to have it recorded everywhere people are asking this question. A lift kit (spacers or tall springs) does not change if a tire will rub, only at what point in the articulation the rub will happen. If you aren’t going to go off-road then you are probably safe with a 30” tire but if you are going to push the vehicle to it’s limit (or close) then you want a 29.5” tire, lift or no lift.
HaHa The Meanderthal has spoken! I hear you my brother and because of you dropped my desire to spend money that was not going to offer any increase in my BL capabilities...

delm

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS Badlands; '23 BS Badlands; BMW X3, X7
HaHa The Meanderthal has spoken! I hear you my brother and because of you dropped my desire to spend money that was not going to offer any increase in my BL capabilities...
Rub aside (because I believe you can go 255/70R17 with the right setup and no rub), don't underestimate ground clearance. That falls under "BL Capabilities", and you can increase it a good bit with the right tires and lift. Ground clearance is a big deal, depending on the kind of offroading you do.

NEFKANO

Badlands
First Name
NEFTALI
Threads
Reaction score
Website
neftalicano.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Rub aside (because I believe you can go 255/70R17 with the right setup and no rub), don't underestimate ground clearance. That falls under "BL Capabilities", and you can increase it a good bit with the right tires and lift. Ground clearance is a big deal, depending on the kind of offroading you do.
Love your setup... but honestly I'm hesitant to compromise the setup as it comes from the factory... certainly any inch or two does make a difference on the trails... yes I do venture on and off trail as well.. but I pick my lines (and in some cases create lines, lol ) where and when I need to.

The Bronco Sport is a capable machine in the right hands and knowing its limitations and working with them makes all the difference.

davidb1841

Outer Banks
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250 Tremor; Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Everyone....my interest is the 245/60-18's.

in a BFG trail-terrains, looks like 29.7 and 9.8 wide......anyone run these on stock OB??? Likely be good to go?? Probably will only see unimproved roads and not jeep trails.......

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition

davidb1841

Outer Banks
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You should not have any issue with that size.
Thanks dude...just pulled the trigger on BFG trail-terrains....would have bought falkens......but Made in Chinastan.

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Everyone....my interest is the 245/60-18's.

in a BFG trail-terrains, looks like 29.7 and 9.8 wide......anyone run these on stock OB??? Likely be good to go?? Probably will only see unimproved roads and not jeep trails.......
These are the size I had on my stock OBX. I went with the Toyo A/T III and really enjoyed them. They ate snow and mud. And looked great.

davidb1841

Outer Banks
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
These are the size I had on my stock OBX. I went with the Toyo A/T III and really enjoyed them. They ate snow and mud. And looked great.
almost got the toyos to....got BFGs instead for 2 reasons....was afraid the wife would think there 2 loud....and the bfgs are made here. (I think)

Hot Rod Mike

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator , Wrangler , Bronco
I plan on upgrading to A/T's but the size is less of a concern as is the weight of the tire. The stock Conti's 225/65 r17 weigh 24 lbs the average weight of A/T tires I'm interested in are 235/65 r17 and minimum weight for those is 30lbs. Will the suspension of the Big Bend handle the extra weight without damage down the road?
235/65/17s will be no problem. Toyos in the OPEN COUNTRY in that size only weight 31.9 lbs. I have them on my Gladiator 12.50 35s and have no noise what so ever. The Toyos on my Gladiator say MADE IN THE USA

Hot Rod Mike

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator , Wrangler , Bronco
almost got the toyos to....got BFGs instead for 2 reasons....was afraid the wife would think there 2 loud....and the bfgs are made here. (I think)
The Toyos on my Gladiator say MADE IN THE USA The BF GOODRICH KO2 are great tires They are just heavy. Also have them on my Wrangler and they are great
Sponsored