BillC

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Well, it's been about 6 weeks since we dropped our '23 OBX off at the dealer. Hasn't left the bodyshop, still waiting for the mechanical diag. Worst part is, I'm kinda getting fond of the Chevy Equinox LS that we have for a rental. I even told the FoMoCo customer service rep that when he called last week to see if we had made any progress.
Sponsored

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
I love my BS. But at 6 weeks I’m looking elsewhere. What’s wrong with it?

OP
OP
BillC

BillC

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I love my BS. But at 6 weeks I’m looking elsewhere. What’s wrong with it?
Paint and body issues, rust issues, water leaks, drive train noise, power window issues, intermittent suspension noise. Oh, and the battery is dead.

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
Lemon law or dump it.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Paint and body issues, rust issues, water leaks, drive train noise, power window issues, intermittent suspension noise. Oh, and the battery is dead.
Trade it in at the chevy dealer and get a new Equinox LS

Broncoette

Outer Banks
First Name
Be Kind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Well, it's been about 6 weeks since we dropped our '23 OBX off at the dealer. Hasn't left the bodyshop, still waiting for the mechanical diag. Worst part is, I'm kinda getting fond of the Chevy Equinox LS that we have for a rental. I even told the FoMoCo customer service rep that when he called last week to see if we had made any progress.
I'd get rid of it. That's what I did after my 2021 OB stranded me twice within 8 days. I was fed up with the Bronco and my local Ford dealer. I had a tinge of guilt the first couple days but that feeling soon left me.

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
I just ordered a 2024 Equinox LS for my work vehicle (Fleet car). I don't mind them, but I wouldn't buy one myself. I have put over 75k miles on multiples though with no issues.

OP
OP
BillC

BillC

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lemon law or dump it.
No "Lemon Law" in my province in Canada. Don't know what our options are, but it's looking like we're gonna eat some $$$ to get into a new vehicle.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
No "Lemon Law" in my province in Canada. Don't know what our options are, but it's looking like we're gonna eat some $$$ to get into a new vehicle.
Do some research before you eat money on it. There has to be some consumer protection in your neck of the woods.

And I don't blame you. I'd be doing the same in unloading it. As much as I like the BS, I dislike paying for nothing while it sites waiting on repairs or parts.

Maybe the Ford rep that frequents this site can/will step in to offer whatever they can do.

OP
OP
BillC

BillC

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do some research before you eat money on it. There has to be some consumer protection in your neck of the woods.

And I don't blame you. I'd be doing the same in unloading it. As much as I like the BS, I dislike paying for nothing while it sites waiting on repairs or parts.

Maybe the Ford rep that frequents this site can/will step in to offer whatever they can do.
The Ford rep is FoMoCo USA. No Ford Canada reps have reached out through the page, though I am in contact with them. Everyone that I've talked to say that it is the responsibility of the dealer, who are independent businesses, to try and make the customer happy. I could go through a program called CAMVAP, which is a voluntary program that the manufacturers participate in to resolve issues. I just want a (reasonably) problem-free vehicle to drive and enjoy.

OP
OP
BillC

BillC

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trade it in at the chevy dealer and get a new Equinox LS
The point is, we have had the Chev long enough that we're getting used to it. And we don't particularly want a GM product at this time. If we leave Ford, we'll likely get a Honda, or Toyota.

SnoopyBroncoSport

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
I wish Canada would adopt this from the US. What a great protection mechanism for the consumer. We also don't have an airline law to help protect the consumer. I mean, we have one but it lacks teeth and favours the airlines.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Your options in Canada are limited - not long ago I helped a relative with a new VW vehicle issue. We wrote letters detailing the issue to the following:

1. The Canadian Dealership where the vehicle was purchased; letter was hand delivered to the dealership owner/manager and dealership owner/manager was made aware that letters and cases were filed with #2 and #3:

2. Volkswagen Cañada Customer Relations:
Customer Care (and filed a Case with them)
(Ford will have something similar - check your Owners Manual)

3. Transport Canada (and filed a safety complaint)

In the USA, a class action lawsuit was filed on that VW vehicle issue so we included that info in the letter (even though the class action lawsuit did not apply to Canada).

Very quickly the dealership responded, bought the car back and offered a discount on any other vehicle on the dealers lot.

wireman

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I just ordered a 2024 Equinox LS for my work vehicle (Fleet car). I don't mind them, but I wouldn't buy one myself. I have put over 75k miles on multiples though with no issues.
Complete redesign on the 2025 model coming out mid 2024.
Sponsored