ohiooutdoors

Outer Banks
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I used to run into this with my FRS I had a track set that were a squared set up and a street set that were staggered with minor stretch.

They used to refuse it all the time because of liability issues. Eventually I either made friends with the local tire shop or I would go to my old vocational school where the lab teacher would let me oversee his students mount the tires.
Sponsored

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
My local Ford will match any price on 4 tires provided the other place has them in stock. However, it's tough to beat Discount Tires service.

Discount Tire

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
@Escape2Bronco its true, the amount of locations at over 1000 makes it supper convenient and all services are provided free after purchase. We also do have a Low Price Promise and will adjust accordingly if necessary. Thanks for the recognition!

Wandering Pinto

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
My Badlands came with 225's, I upgraded to 235 BF Goodrich Trail Terrains. I got them at an independent shop. The person Installing them said to me " these aren't the same size as the tires you have". I said I know, that size is available from the factory. A few months ago I ordered some 13 inch tires for my Pinto from Tire Rack. An alert popped up saying the tires I ordered weren't the correct size for my car. I clicked yes I know, and proceeded with the order. I gat a call from them just after I placed my order. I told the person I have had the car for 45 years and they will work fine.

mikldom

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks Edition, Area 51
My local Walmart refused to mount my 245/60/18 when I drove it in. Solution: went home, pulled all 4 rims off and carried them up. I bought the new tires from Walmart dot com and they were waiting at the store. Also, carry tires up to a used tire place. They will usually mount carried on tires for 25-30 bux.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Badlands came with 225's, I upgraded to 235 BF Goodrich Trail Terrains. I got them at an independent shop. The person Installing them said to me " these aren't the same size as the tires you have". I said I know, that size is available from the factory. A few months ago I ordered some 13 inch tires for my Pinto from Tire Rack. An alert popped up saying the tires I ordered weren't the correct size for my car. I clicked yes I know, and proceeded with the order. I gat a call from them just after I placed my order. I told the person I have had the car for 45 years and they will work fine.
I’m surprised that TireRack even knows what a Pimple is? Most of the people writing the algorithms weren’t even alive yet. You don’t see many floating around anymore. My mom had a couple mid 70’s Pimple wagons. Fake wood and all!

First Name
Johnnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
So I’m looking to upgrade my BB with larger tires. The two tire dealers(Goodyear & Firestone) I went to refuse to mount 245/65/17s saying they are not the right tire size for my vehicle. Has anyone else run into this?
Does anyone have recommendations for where I should go? I live in Maryland.
Thank you in advance.
I went to Discount tire no issues after Costco turned me down .. 245/65/18
Ford Bronco Sport Tire store refuses to mount tires IMG_0562

Last edited:

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went to Discount tire no issues after Costco turned me down .. 245/65/18
Ford Bronco Sport Tire store refuses to mount tires IMG_0562
Discount Tire is a very good option. It’s my go to tire store but then I happen to have one near home and one near my office.

First Name
Johnnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport

mikldom

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks Edition, Area 51
Happened to me at various times when I buy different tires and goto Walmart. The solution is to take the rims only up to the store with the new tires and have them mount as a "carry-in". I don't even bother taking the vehicle up anymore cause I don't want to wait around anyways. I'll come back.

wessermgm

Big Bend
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 SCrew; 2023 BS BB Silver
DT will always take good care of you and they know what sizes fit. Also, off road shops like 4 Wheel Parts not only will put larger tires on your ride, they will convince you to do so.

Robins21

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 05 F150, 99 Explorer, 69 Stang
What about a 4WD shop or a private repair shop? If you are near Baltimore there are 3 4WD shops near there.
Sponsored