Beach_Bum

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco
The adventure smuggler concept might
It certainly would be more realistic than Ford strapping rods over the hood. Any shore fisherman will tell you that they would never carry their rods in such a manner where the tips can be broke. The old tried and true in pvc holders on the bumper will continue instead of Ford's concept.

Designermama

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*nunya*
The main benefit to an off-road vehicle is when you have a lift it gives you additional ground clearance to help avoid and drive over obstacles. The second reason is simply to give a lifted vehicle a more rugged appearance.

The only way I would do this if in fact Ford carries through and takes these teaser show vehicle options to production, if they do, and you select it, it may be a factory install or it maybe a dealer installed option. If it is one of those your factory warranty stays intact. If you go aftermarket, there is a chance Ford could deny a warranty claim if you need something repaired that they say was damaged by the lift. For example, your axle CV joints will be running at greater angle then original, this could put additional wear on them. By going with the factory lift, you would know the Ford engineers designed the lift to stay within the original design limits of the axle CV joints.

In this photo, starting from the right, the red and cyber orange Bronco Sports have the 1" lift. The third one in, Area 51 (bluish) is stock, without the lift.

Ford Bronco Sport Tire Options for Bronco Sport with 1" Lift bronco_day_07-jpg-
Ah thanks - it's probably my amateur eye to SUV type things, but I don't see a huge difference - then again we are only talking about 1". Being 5'1", I probably don't want to lift mine up any farther than necessary ><

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Ah thanks - it's probably my amateur eye to SUV type things, but I don't see a huge difference - then again we are only talking about 1". Being 5'1", I probably don't want to lift mine up any farther than necessary ><
It’s hard to tell the difference due to the angle of the pic, but you’d be able to see it if you saw them in person.

Cyclone Cowboy

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Does anyone know the maximum engineered lift limit yet? I see a lot of comments about a one inch lift which is not much. I'd like 2-3." I know the lift effects things like safety sensors, suspension wear, etc. I'm sure the dealer lift will not effect the warranty like 3rd party lifts. Thanks.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Badlands
First Name
North7
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Does anyone know the maximum engineered lift limit yet? I see a lot of comments about a one inch lift which is not much. I'd like 2-3." I know the lift effects things like safety sensors, suspension wear, etc. I'm sure the dealer lift will not effect the warranty like 3rd party lifts. Thanks.
Zero hard information at this point, we have to wait and see.

chaseAbronco

Badlands
First Name
chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Same, I'm curious if dealer can and will do a lift, probably only 1" for me. I only wish I could get larger tires and get some value back from stock tires. :D

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
Personal opinion coming:
I doubt that Ford will offer a manufacturer lift kit... as they would have to warranty the whole car after it.

I'm not sure about the Safety sensors thing but since the BS is a unibody, the only available lift is a suspension lift. So depending on the type of suspension lift that will be available (spacers.. or new springs and struts/shocks)... most notable parts that may have premature wearing would be lower control arm bushings and CVs (joint, axle, boots). Most likely in the longer run, drive axles but that depends on use case obviously.

With cars, its really hard to prove because no two cars are ever tested the same, there are too many mechanical, physical, and real world variables to prove faster wear or not.

Also since the Bronco sport has a similar suspension to the escape, obviously 1" is easily done but 2"+ is possible if the suspension is based off the 3rd gen 14-19 escape. With that said, I think its based off the 2020 Escape, and with quick googling, I have not yet seen anyone create a greater than 1" lift kit besides the one we see on the concept rig.

With enough time & money, you can do anything.. such as custom built axles, CVs.. etc.. but at that point.. the warranty discussion is moot.

jetmatt

Badlands
First Name
Matei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The L Train
Has anyone heard anything about fitting 31" tires without a lift kit?

Geojive

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
For a 245mm wide tire, you would need a different rim, no?

Cyclone Cowboy

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Given the overwhelming demand for more ground clearance and bigger tires, I have no doubt they will make changes to the 2022 model. I suspect they did not want to get too aggressive with the BS as it would cut into sales of the big Bronco.

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
Maybe here in the forums.. but we are a very minor group of people in the bigger scheme of things. I highly doubt that they will make much changes in the 2022.. possibly in the 2023 for cosmetic changes.. but I doubt they will bump up the ground clearance. That's a whole other set of engineering, design, testing that they will likely avoid.

Like you said.. its not supposed to compete with the Big Bronco. It's already competitive in class. Which is against the Jeep Renegade, Jeep Compass, Subaru Crosstrek/Forester... The Badlands edges them out just barely.

While I whole heartedly hope that you are right.. but I seriously doubt they will change it because a few of us want it. Also same with 1" Factory lift.. I don't think it will happen. This is the one time where I would gladly eat my words to be proven wrong.

Cyclone Cowboy

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
I would suspect we are going to see a 4x4 hybrid / electric vehicle war of sorts starting... now -- as people want to "get the he_ _ out after COVID, mirrored by possible scary gas prices over the next 4 years. The 4x4 hybrid / electric vehicle race is on.

GMC sold out of their $100k EV Hummers almost overnight -- with deliveries of 2022+! You cannot find a Rav4 Prime XSE anywhere in the US without a $10k to $20k dealer mark-up. The first company to produce a great looking, 300+ HP (0-60 < 7 seconds), 10"+ ground clearance, 4x4 or all wheel drive, reasonable sized, 500 miles+ EV or hybrid combination range for under $50k will sell them as fast as they can make them. The problem right now is no single vehicle combines what everyone wants, or at least has options to create such a vehicle.

Nissan would fix their financial issues overnight if they re-designed the Xterra to be "this" vehicle. (Feel free to call me....lol). Or Ford could design an "Explorer Raptor Hybrid" and I'll buy it tomorrow!

Edit: Explorer Raptor concept: NICE!!!

https://fordauthority.com/2020/06/we-render-the-ford-explorer-raptor-thats-ready-to-rip-up-some-trails/
Sponsored

Last edited: