wessermgm

Big Bend
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 SCrew; 2023 BS BB Silver
I have read the Wildpeak AT3Ws are great as they are much lighter than LT tires, but I decided to go with K02s in 245 65 17 as they look much more aggressive than the Falkens and are much stronger. I just spent a Chicago winter with them and they were great in the little bit of snow we got and they have been great everywhere else. Tons of traction. Do some research on tire weight and actual sizes and you can decide for yourself what's more important to you (i.e. looks vs mpgs vs functionality).
I run KO2s on my F150 and I love them. I just ordered the 235/65/17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W for my BSBB because of the weight of the KO2s. The 235 Falkens only weigh 31 lbs. The 245 KO2s weight 44 lbs. Pretty big difference. I would say that the 235 Falkens are not as aggressive as the BFG because that size is OEM for the BS BL (optional) and Ford had some specifics to reduce weight and improve street ride quality to include that as an OEM option (more rounded, smaller sidebiters). If you look at the 245 Falkens, those are just as aggressive as the KO2, but they also weigh 40 lbs. Since the BB sports the 1.5L, I went with the 235 Falken, which is massive improvement over the joke Conti OEM, but shouldn't negatively impact the performance of the smaller engine.

Side note, Discount Tire carries the 235/65/17 Falken AT3W for $163 a tire. I'm out the door for $766 for all four. Put on my DT credit card and 6 months no interest and 5% off. Just set the auto pay to pay $200 a month, and its done in under 4 months - save some cash.
Sponsored

Last edited:

NMhunter

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
When I lifted my Jeep Liberty (1.5") , they told me the KO2's would ride too rough so they gave me cheaper tires. When they wore out, I put larger KO2's on. I lost some gas mileage but off road it was a beast. I only got stuck twice in that Jeep, and both times I was pulling a trailer.

I'm loving the gas mileage I get with my BL and Wildpeak tires.

One thing to consider for offroad is the taller aspect ratio gives you more cushion on rough roads. I
wish the BS came with 16 inch wheels to give more rubber cushion on rough roads.

Wide tires excell in sand, but thin tires are better in snow and mud. I got the upgrade tires and wheels on my BL, and my Hi Lift jack Lift Mate works with the wheels. I'm not sure it would work with the standard wheels.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition

OP
OP
MAR_SOUP_E_ULL
First Name
Mar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Note that the 255 Wranglers won't fit without rubbing. I've run 235/65/17 Wildpeaks and 245/65/17 KO2s on my 21 BL. The KO2 have aggressive grip and stronger sidewalls. The sidewalls are important if you drive on trails with rocks you are forced to drive over. For pavement driving I prefer the Wildpeaks, for trails in CO and NM I prefer the KO2's. The KO2s are going make a little road noise if that bothers you. But they will cruise at 80 with no vibration or bounce. Either one of these tires is a good choice.

I doubt I'll wear out the KO2's before I buy another BS. I have 23k on the current KO2's and they don't show any noticeable sign of wear. Rotate every 5k. I might consider 245/65/17 Wildpeaks on a new vehicle. I've not found any place that will give me squat for take-offs from a new vehicle. Discount Tires offer was insulting. Sold them on fb.
I wasn't going to sell my tires I take off. I Sawzall them in half and use them on the farm for my goats to bounce off of. I ordered Kanati trail hogs. We have them on other vehicles in 37's on the 2016 and 2020 Power wagon's on the farm and they do fine so I'm going to try them out for this vehicle.

NMhunter

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
I had never heard of Kanti Trail Hogs. Looks like a great tire. How is the road noise on the highway? My BS BL is a daily driver, so I want noise to be reasonable. The KO2's on my LIberty didn't bother me. I just take out my hearing aids.

Rawah652

Badlands
First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport, 2004 Ford Thunderbird
It's definitely a bit of a sleeper, but I love my Hankook tires. I have the Dynapro AT2 Extreme, and have loved it both on and off road. My snow experience with the tire has been limited, but no issues so far. My brother is on his second set on his truck in CO, and has had no issues off-roading or in the snow. Also comes with a 60k mile warranty if that matters to you.

Bluebaru

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BS Badlands, 2019 VW GTI Rabbit ed. 03 JCW MCS
It's definitely a bit of a sleeper, but I love my Hankook tires. I have the Dynapro AT2 Extreme, and have loved it both on and off road. My snow experience with the tire has been limited, but no issues so far. My brother is on his second set on his truck in CO, and has had no issues off-roading or in the snow. Also comes with a 60k mile warranty if that matters to you.

It's funny that I had looked at this video when it first came out and again earlier today but he is not a fan of Hankook tires in general. That said, it's predecessor, the AT2 tested very poorly, in Tire Racks tests. This is an improved design and I love the updated sidewall design and it has a number of sizes that will fit a BS, in 16", 17" and 18" wheel diameters. I'd be very interested in the XL load rated 235/75/16 with it's 29.9" diameter, if it tested well at www.TireRack.com or at www.Tyrereviews.com but when I called TR to ask if they had any plans to test it, they said no. Maybe that's because the previous tire did so badly but maybe if enough people request it be tested or inquire about it that might change?

As I bought my BS Badlands fully intending to take it off road frequently, I'm very happy with my 29.8" diameter 245/65/17 Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T's but I always have an eye open, looking at new tires and hoping that somewhere, out there, there is a better tire and ideally, for me, the size I'd most like to have is a 235/75/16. I'm currently hoping the Falken, R/T Trails become available in XL load rated sizes, that fit the BS.

The Rinzler

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Note that the 255 Wranglers won't fit without rubbing. I've run 235/65/17 Wildpeaks and 245/65/17 KO2s on my 21 BL. The KO2 have aggressive grip and stronger sidewalls. The sidewalls are important if you drive on trails with rocks you are forced to drive over. For pavement driving I prefer the Wildpeaks, for trails in CO and NM I prefer the KO2's. The KO2s are going make a little road noise if that bothers you. But they will cruise at 80 with no vibration or bounce. Either one of these tires is a good choice.

I doubt I'll wear out the KO2's before I buy another BS. I have 23k on the current KO2's and they don't show any noticeable sign of wear. Rotate every 5k. I might consider 245/65/17 Wildpeaks on a new vehicle. I've not found any place that will give me squat for take-offs from a new vehicle. Discount Tires offer was insulting. Sold them on fb.
For the 245/65R17 BFG KO2, do you still have full suspension travel without an additional lift on the 21 BL?

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
For the 245/65R17 BFG KO2, do you still have full suspension travel without an additional lift on the 21 BL?
Yes. I've been on numerous trails with articulation and never felt a rub. The rub comes at the rear of the wheel well, not on the top. Headed out to NM in a few days. Looking forward to some trails and chasing bighorns.

CableXJ

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I got the Wildpeak A/Ts and they are great. No noticeable effect on gas mileage and they look a lot better than the Michelin’s that came on my BB.

RM951

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 bronco sport badlands
I had ironman all country a/t on my 2018 expedition and they were great in snow and you ice, not to mention off road. They aren't tri-peaked, but my wife was able to crawl past cars that had slid off the road in icy conditions and was waived on by chp on the way to big bear after road closures

The Rinzler

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I'm torn between the BFGoodrich KO2's or the Toyo Open Country III's.
The Toyo's are said to be really good in wet conditions, which for Washington state..
is about 9 months of the year. But the KO2's seem so much better for muddy trail conditions.

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
I'm torn between the BFGoodrich KO2's or the Toyo Open Country III's.
The Toyo's are said to be really good in wet conditions, which for Washington state..
is about 9 months of the year. But the KO2's seem so much better for muddy trail conditions.
I have Toyo’s and live in Florida. I drive through tons of rain all the time and have never had an issue around town or on the highway. I chose them for the same reason you stated. They get better reviews than the KO2’s for rain/wet conditions and I drive a lot of highway miles for work. Also get I think a 65,000 mile warranty on them vs. maybe 50,000 for KO2 if you value that type of thing.
Sponsored