Tire Comparison

First Name
Mar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend
So currently as I type this my Big Bend is getting the Rough Country 1.5" leveling kit on it and I am torn between which tires to put on it.
I know I want / need A/T tires that can also handle the insane amounts of snow /ice we get in Wyoming. In your experience what are the best tires for daily driving and adventuring? (Aesthetically pleasing as well) Thanks.

235/65/17 A/T Falken Wildpeaks

LT245/65/R17 D111/108S BF GOODRICH

255/75/R17 115S GOODYEAR WRANGLER DURATRAC
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
So currently as I type this my Big Bend is getting the Rough Country 1.5" leveling kit on it and I am torn between which tires to put on it.
I know I want / need A/T tires that can also handle the insane amounts of snow /ice we get in Wyoming. In your experience what are the best tires for daily driving and adventuring? (Aesthetically pleasing as well) Thanks.

LT245/65/R17 D111/108S BR GOODRICH

235/70/17 Goodyear wrangler , they will cut the snow better than 245

Ford Bronco Sport Tire Comparison 27B1FF0B-4316-42DC-A54A-11E3B781949B

Discount Tire

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
@MAR_SOUP_E_ULL any 3peak rated tire should deliver on your expectations. Falken Wildpeak, Nitto Nomad Grappler and even BFGoodrich KO2, to name a few. I would go no bigger than the 245/65R-17. @Jrl has the right idea for cutting through the snow. :like:

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I’ve had great luck in the snow which we had had several large snows this year with the WildPeaks 235/65-17 ATW3

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
Ford Bronco Sport Tire Comparison 035F5186-A6FE-46BE-AE81-2CCE9F9A78D3

wildpeaks 245/65/17. They’ll get you out there and get you home.

The tires sizes are small enough that no matter which width you choose you won’t see any real difference in the snow.

I’ve run the KO2 and I’ll never run them again. Had them in 35s and they wore weird, got loud, didn’t balance the best and don’t clear out that well in mud and snow. I ran them one winter and switched them out. The tread is hard and when really cold they don’t grip the best initially. Cold rainy slushy they suck.

They’re heavy tires. Lots of people swear by these things, but no one I wheeled Jeeps with runs them or would ever again.

I ran wildpeaks on my truck and wheeled that. The tires are durable, quiet, and they balanced great. Even with bigger tires.

The Duratrac is a good tire. They’re soft compound so they ride pretty quiet. They balance easy and are decent in mud and snow. The tread blocks chip easier than the other two and they have a really thin sidewall. They don’t clear thick mud the best. But don’t think the BS is going through 2 foot deep mud pits. Get good mileage out them too.

I’m biased, but I’ve had good luck with wildpeaks on my last two rides.

Cooper stt pro would be my pick if they were available in small sizes. Hands down, best tire I’ve ever run. But were 35s and 37s.

BravoAlpha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Expedition MAX Silverado Z71
x 10 on Falkens. Came with the Badlands stock. I’ve never appreciated factory tires so much. When it’s time to replace, I’ll go to Discount Tire and get a new set of WildPeak ATW3

Sig Oris

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BSOB

LT245/65/R17 D111/108S BR GOODRICH

we have these, A/T Falken Wildpeaks, on our MY 21 BS-OB and they've performed well in the Western Maine winters FWIW.

endrMinr

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport
I swapped my falkens for cooper discoverer at3 4s on same wheel, and went slight higher aspect ratio of 235/70r17. Did not affect my mpgs at all, but bigger tire with more sidewall for all my offroading needs. These are well-siped and 3 peak rated, excellent reviews, I've never had an issue in rain, snow, or mud.

Feint

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
I have read the Wildpeak AT3Ws are great as they are much lighter than LT tires, but I decided to go with K02s in 245 65 17 as they look much more aggressive than the Falkens and are much stronger. I just spent a Chicago winter with them and they were great in the little bit of snow we got and they have been great everywhere else. Tons of traction. Do some research on tire weight and actual sizes and you can decide for yourself what's more important to you (i.e. looks vs mpgs vs functionality).

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Note that the 255 Wranglers won't fit without rubbing. I've run 235/65/17 Wildpeaks and 245/65/17 KO2s on my 21 BL. The KO2 have aggressive grip and stronger sidewalls. The sidewalls are important if you drive on trails with rocks you are forced to drive over. For pavement driving I prefer the Wildpeaks, for trails in CO and NM I prefer the KO2's. The KO2s are going make a little road noise if that bothers you. But they will cruise at 80 with no vibration or bounce. Either one of these tires is a good choice.

I doubt I'll wear out the KO2's before I buy another BS. I have 23k on the current KO2's and they don't show any noticeable sign of wear. Rotate every 5k. I might consider 245/65/17 Wildpeaks on a new vehicle. I've not found any place that will give me squat for take-offs from a new vehicle. Discount Tires offer was insulting. Sold them on fb.

Discount Tire

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
@Bronclahoma I do apologize that the Discount Tire location was not able to give you what you were looking for in trade, you will always get more from your tires selling them privately. I would like to thank you for your business. We do appreciate your support.
Sponsored