The Rinzler

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Also get I think a 65,000 mile warranty on them vs. maybe 50,000 for KO2 if you value that type of thing.
Yeah, I also noticed the 10k miles warranty variation, that's a pretty big difference.
Have you done much offroad with them? If so, how's the grip?
Sponsored

Cursed Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have Mickey Thompson Baja Boss tires and they serve me well. I've been in some mud and ruts, deep snow, etc. and they are 3-peak rated. They have a pretty mean look as well with lots of sidewall bite. If you're open to other tires 🤔

Discount Tire

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
@Cursed Bronco the Mickey Thompson Baja Boss is a solid choice and fairly new to the market. It's great to hear positive feedback on it. Thank you fore taking the time to chime in. :like:

omahafordowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
I run KO2s on my F150 and I love them. I just ordered the 235/65/17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W for my BSBB because of the weight of the KO2s. The 235 Falkens only weigh 31 lbs. The 245 KO2s weight 44 lbs. Pretty big difference. I would say that the 235 Falkens are not as aggressive as the BFG because that size is OEM for the BS BL (optional) and Ford had some specifics to reduce weight and improve street ride quality to include that as an OEM option (more rounded, smaller sidebiters). If you look at the 245 Falkens, those are just as aggressive as the KO2, but they also weigh 40 lbs. Since the BB sports the 1.5L, I went with the 235 Falken, which is massive improvement over the joke Conti OEM, but shouldn't negatively impact the performance of the smaller engine.

Side note, Discount Tire carries the 235/65/17 Falken AT3W for $163 a tire. I'm out the door for $766 for all four. Put on my DT credit card and 6 months no interest and 5% off. Just set the auto pay to pay $200 a month, and its done in under 4 months - save some cash.
Discount tire lists the 245/65/17 KO2's as 34.57lbs, but I see tiresize has them at the 44lbs.
How have you liked your AT3W's? Are they loud?

wessermgm

Big Bend
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 SCrew; 2023 BS BB Silver
Discount tire lists the 245/65/17 KO2's as 34.57lbs, but I see tiresize has them at the 44lbs.
How have you liked your AT3W's? Are they loud?
The BFG's own printed specs has the 245/65/17 at 45 lbs:

Ford Bronco Sport Tire Comparison 1690127896865

I have always run KO2s on my trucks and I love em, but I just didn't want the Sport to feel like it has lead feet - especially with the 1.5L Dragon.

As far as the 235/65/17 AT3Ws I put on, they have been really solid. Noise has not been a factor really at all. They feel like better contact to the road than the OEM Contis, although I will say that the factory tires were very smooth. The Falkens are still a nice smooth ride, but not as smooth as the Contis - which I personally viewed as a pro - it is supposed to be a rugged vehicle, not drive like a Lincoln. The rain handling on the Falkens has been really good. I got caught in a real deluge the other day, lots of water on the road at highway speeds. Never hydroplaned once. Excellent grip. Couldn't have asked for better.,

Discount Tire

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
My apologies for the conflicting information @omahafordowner . I would default to the manufactures stated spec here. Most LT tires in this size are 40 lbs + in weight. Thank you for calling this out, I'll forward this to our product team.

joystick

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
I have Mickey Thompson Baja Boss tires and they serve me well. I've been in some mud and ruts, deep snow, etc. and they are 3-peak rated. They have a pretty mean look as well with lots of sidewall bite. If you're open to other tires 🤔
I'm very interested in hearing more about these tires, are you running stock suspension, no lift? No issues? How do you like them overall? According to the specs they are slightly lighter and slightly taller than the 245/65/17 AT3W which for me is making them my number 1 choice.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
I'm very interested in hearing more about these tires, are you running stock suspension, no lift? No issues? How do you like them overall? According to the specs they are slightly lighter and slightly taller than the 245/65/17 AT3W which for me is making them my number 1 choice.
235/70/17 on stock first edition , 30 inch tall , that is max height without any change in lift.

Ford Bronco Sport Tire Comparison IMG_0819

Ford Bronco Sport Tire Comparison IMG_0818

Ford Bronco Sport Tire Comparison IMG_0816

Bluebaru

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BS Badlands, 2019 VW GTI Rabbit ed. 03 JCW MCS
As I said before, I have the Baja Boss A/T's on my Badlands. I put them on at 900 miles, with the stock suspension and have had no problems with them. I did put my Flatout coil-overs about 2 months later and am now at 10K miles. They are 39lbs, so I think that's the same as the 245/65/17 Falken AT3W's but the MT's are a little taller at 29.8" and have more tread depth, with their 16/32". In TR's testing they did better in the snow but not as good as an on road tire. I do believe they are the best choice in Mud, of any of the A/T tires.

Davewied

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Coming from the Midwest and dealing with some snow and mud, I have had really good results with the Goodyear Duratrac. It seems to be a good in between all terrain tire. Fairly quiet at first but noise will increase as they get worn down.

I think think The Duratrac is made in 245/70/17 in both standard p metric and 10 pr lt.

I just swapped out my235/65/17 Falkens with 245/65/17 K02’s
Got them at DT and they had $150 off on the 4

I would have rather had the duratracs but wasn’t sure about clearance issues with stock height as they are not offered in 245/65

So far I have about 100 miles of paved roads on the k02’s. Defiantly a little noisier but that can be expected with a larger void tread pattern.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
So currently as I type this my Big Bend is getting the Rough Country 1.5" leveling kit on it and I am torn between which tires to put on it.
I know I want / need A/T tires that can also handle the insane amounts of snow /ice we get in Wyoming. In your experience what are the best tires for daily driving and adventuring? (Aesthetically pleasing as well) Thanks.

235/65/17 A/T Falken Wildpeaks

LT245/65/R17 D111/108S BF GOODRICH

255/75/R17 115S GOODYEAR WRANGLER DURATRAC
Added the 235 A/T wildpeak factory upgrades. In Michigan we get a healthy amount of snow and I'd say they were outstanding the last two winters. Very good manners on dry highway, rain, it's a solid tire.

Cursed Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have the RC lift, otherwise stock except replacement wheels along with the tires. I like them a lot. They have a nice aggressive look and provide good snow traction. I've really only been "soft-roading" so I can't get into much about the deep mud performance or extreme off road conditions.

Sidewall design is supposedly very strong. The tread pattern is very nice on the eye and is asymmetric so it has a good mix of on road capability and siphoning for wet environments. The mix of on and off road tread design helps reduce road noise as well, which was a big concern of mine. The tires can be rotated to any corner because of the asymmetric design as well. I do notice a bit of under steer in the rain, but I also purposely try to slide it around a bit in the rain so take that with a grain of salt. 60,000 mile warranty :like:

There is no rubbing at all and it gives a nice look overall. I would recommend them.

Ford Bronco Sport Tire Comparison 20230523_101957

Ford Bronco Sport Tire Comparison 20230523_102011

Bamsi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hi there! Do not want the usual trend of at3w or ko2. Any experience or opinion over the 245 65 17 wildpeak at trails vs 235 70 17 cooper at3 4s? Any info/opinion will be appreciated.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
Hi there! Do not want the usual trend of at3w or ko2. Any experience or opinion over the 245 65 17 wildpeak at trails vs 235 70 17 cooper at3 4s? Any info/opinion will be appreciated.
I have had my 235/70/17 Goodyear wrangler workhorse for about5 months now , they are perfect fit with no lift work .

Ford Bronco Sport Tire Comparison IMG_1107

Ford Bronco Sport Tire Comparison IMG_5525

Ford Bronco Sport Tire Comparison IMG_0819

Ford Bronco Sport Tire Comparison IMG_0813
Sponsored