Johnperrion

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I got the leg kit in already and just using my existing crossbars........haven't got my BS yet though. I can take pic of legs?
Oh you're good. I was thinking you had it fully up. I'm sure once you get it all installed, you'll be posting it! :)

Fordfan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BRONCO SPORT OB
Oh you're good. I was thinking you had it fully up. I'm sure once you get it all installed, you'll be posting it! :)
Yeah I was gonna get a new Thule set up but they were back ordered till late May up here so I figured I’ll just get new legs and use the bars I got.....don’t wanna miss out on the kayaking waiting for parts!

Johnperrion

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Wow man, thanks for all those measurements! Those are almost 2 inches lower than my factory ones. They look awesome. Any issues opening the moon roof completely?
Not that I noticed. Thats the height of the moonroof completely open.

Ford Bronco Sport Thule HD Crossbar Roof Rack System installed IMG_2800[1].JPG

Last edited:

Itrof

Big Bend
First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Has anyone seen a significant drop in MPG with these crossbars installed?

MoFoCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit 250, VW eGolf, 2021 Badlands
My dad gave me his old Rhino rack leftover from his X3, it fit with some modification. Was a PITA but hey, it was free and it’s rock solid. Fit looks better than I expected.

Ford Bronco Sport Thule HD Crossbar Roof Rack System installed B1B2545B-1394-44ED-9A7E-8088F63C89E4

Sandyfruitcake

Big Bend
First Name
Tracey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Big Bend 2021
I just installed the Thule HD crossbar system on my Big Bend. If anyone is curious, and wants more specs than the Ford accessories page offers, the kit consists of Wingbar Evo 135 crossbars and Rapid Crossroad 450R feet.

Ford Bronco Sport Thule HD Crossbar Roof Rack System installed B5552203-9DB6-4ACF-8542-0DBA98DAE936

Ford Bronco Sport Thule HD Crossbar Roof Rack System installed 58A3700D-566C-4768-AC98-A62447CF82F6
Looks wonderful. Im trying to figure out if I can use these for an iKamper mini. It says max cross bar height of 1.2" (3cm) and a width of 3.5" (9cm) to install. I cant find the full spec for these anywhere. dynamic weight load of 125 lbs (57 kg) or more

Grandpargus

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Arcua
The Yakima cross bars on our Badlands are very noisy. Lots of whistling. Any solutions out there?

Y2Dre

Badlands
First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
The Yakima cross bars on our Badlands are very noisy. Lots of whistling. Any solutions out there?
Make sure that your Yakima crossbars have the rubber strip installed along the bottom. Before I drove my BS home from the dealership, my salesman installed my crossbars. He accidentally left off the rubber strip I referred to, thinking that it wasn't necessary. The drive home was extremely noisy and continued to be for a little over a week until someone in the forums pointed out that the rubber strip had to be installed.

Luckily for me, I saved mine just in case I needed it later. I installed it myself and the noise went away. Hope this helps...

Grandpargus

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Arcua
Any one experiencing a lot wind noise from the Thule Cross bars. They were ordered from and installed by Ford Dealer. Noise is bad.

Grandpargus

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Arcua
How is the wind noise with these on at highway speeds (i.e. 70mph+)? I got the OEM offroads and forgot them at the dealership when I picked up the car.

I'm looking at these as an alternative since they're lower profile (and not as "tall" as the OEM), but I also read a lot of negative reviews on Thule's site regarding wind noise / whistling.
I have dealer the installed hd crossbars that are very noisy with the wind.

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2020 Edge ST, 2021 Bronco Sport First Edition
I have dealer the installed hd crossbars that are very noisy with the wind.
I took the OEMs off of mine because I don't plan on putting anything on the roof. Seems a little quieter.

Salonick

Badlands
First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Do the end caps where the lock cylinder go in stay in place if I choose to only use locks on one side? Mine came with 4 cylinders but I want to use 2 on my crossbars and the other 2 on my hullavator kayak rack. Or is there a different cap that can go on in place of the lock system on the one side? I hope I'm making sense.
Sponsored