I'd like to beat the snot out of a dead horse... sorta...

altoblue

Big Bend
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend
so i ordered an engine cover from my local dealership... they showed i needed a short stud and a long stud to install. so i picked it up today and i see 3 options for the 1 short stud they ordered me.... and only one place where the long stud can go but its right to the left of the oil fill and dipstick and that doesnt line up with the holes under the cover. has anyone ordered one and installed? please tell me what im doing wrong. thank you
Sponsored

Econoline

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL Carbonized Gray, steelies+tow+360
The recessed opening to the left of the dipstick & filler takes a threaded stud that secures the cover with an 8mm(?) nut from above.

Econoline

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL Carbonized Gray, steelies+tow+360
Sorry, my mistake, I was thinking 2.0l engine.

Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport aka "Spark Plug"
so i ordered an engine cover from my local dealership... they showed i needed a short stud and a long stud to install. so i picked it up today and i see 3 options for the 1 short stud they ordered me.... and only one place where the long stud can go but its right to the left of the oil fill and dipstick and that doesnt line up with the holes under the cover. has anyone ordered one and installed? please tell me what im doing wrong. thank you
Ford Bronco Sport I'd like to beat the snot out of a dead horse... sorta... 1647136345614

https://parts.lakelandford.com/a/Ford_2021_Bronco-Sport-Base-Sport-Utility-15L-EcoBoost-3-cylinder-AT/75837641__9232789/Engine--transaxle-Engine-appearance-cover/BS21260.html

Might help:question:

OP
OP
altoblue

altoblue

Big Bend
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport aka "Spark Plug"
actually no because i dont have anywhere to put the long post. there is a bracket right where it should be. im going to order 2 more of the short posts and just have the 3 holding it down
Ford Bronco Sport I'd like to beat the snot out of a dead horse... sorta... 1647215205509

Well now I'm curious because I'm considering adding the cover.
Did they provide Part no.4 - Insulator
I'm guessing the insulator mounts to the engine and the cover is attached by studs No.2 and No.3.

OP
OP
altoblue

altoblue

Big Bend
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport I'd like to beat the snot out of a dead horse... sorta... 1647215205509

I'm guessing the insulator mounts to the engine and the cover is attached by studs No.2 and No.3.
i dont see how the insulator would fit

MJbronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BB

If I'm not mistaken the insulator should already be on the engine, I ordered it not realizing that it may already be installed. It's underneath some of the components on top of the engine. When I get all the pieces I'll dig into it more

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
I installed this in my OB and my wife's Escape and can clarify a few things:

actually no because i dont have anywhere to put the long post. there is a bracket right where it should be. im going to order 2 more of the short posts and just have the 3 holding it down
The bracket where the long post should be needs to be removed for the cover to fit properly. Once you yank the bracket off, the long post will be there. Other than that, you need three of the short posts.
If I'm not mistaken the insulator should already be on the engine, I ordered it not realizing that it may already be installed. It's underneath some of the components on top of the engine. When I get all the pieces I'll dig into it more
The insulator is indeed already there. It's just partially hidden underneath the tons of wiring, but it is there.

OP
OP
altoblue

altoblue

Big Bend
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I installed this in my OB and my wife's Escape and can clarify a few things:

The bracket where the long post should be needs to be removed for the cover to fit properly. Once you yank the bracket off, the long post will be there. Other than that, you need three of the short posts.

The insulator is indeed already there. It's just partially hidden underneath the tons of wiring, but it is there.
so to clarify... the cover doesn't attach to the insulator in any way, its just under the wore mess? and the long post is already there holding that bracket? what do i do with the wires i remove from the bracket?

MJbronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BB
so to clarify... the cover doesn't attach to the insulator in any way, its just under the wore mess? and the long post is already there holding that bracket? what do i do with the wires i remove from the bracket?
The wires are kinda tucked into some slots on the insulator, that coupled with the engine cover itself will keep them secure

OP
OP
altoblue

altoblue

Big Bend
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The wires are kinda tucked into some slots on the insulator, that coupled with the engine cover itself will keep them secure
i just went outside and spent more time openi g the hood than i did finishing the install, thank you for the tips!!
Sponsored