GulfCoastBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Good video I enjoyed it. Sometimes Andre takes a long time to explain things, he wasn’t long winded here haha. Kind of expected more from the RAV4 with TRD but really cool they have 3,500lb tow capacity. Of course the Heritage Limited out performed as always haha

RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Shadow Black Badlands
Nothing really unexpected here. Anyone complaining about Ford's marketing regarding the Badlands (as regards off-road chops) should be REALLY angry about Toyota labeling this RAV4 as "TRD Off-Road."
I think Toyota missed the letter "u" in TRD.

GulfCoastBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Good video, little unfortunate they used the Heritage Limited as its not a true representation of the Badlands and people might be mislead to think that Ford is charging that price for the car. No surprises with the Toyota. They slapped the TRD badge on the car to hop on the off roady trend and it seems to be working for their sales.

As for the Heritage, the one thing I'm most confident about the 2.0L with the AWD diffs is the wheels will turn. That 280lb/ft of torque simply dwarfed the Toyota and the car will climb, wants to climb/
Yeah but unfortunately with todays pricing a Badlands build with premium package, tow package, and cargo management system on the new pricing isn’t too much under the $46k he mentioned for the Heritage Limited. Which is wild

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
My step-daughter and her husband each have one. They are decent vehicles with great gas milage and can tow a bunch but they are not anywhere nears as good off road as my Badlands. The did upgrade their tires which helped but still no where as controlled off road.

B5G4B

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BRONCO SPORT
Yeah but unfortunately with todays pricing a Badlands build with premium package, tow package, and cargo management system on the new pricing isn’t too much under the $46k he mentioned for the Heritage Limited. Which is wild
I just priced one out exactly like what I bought a year ago new for 40k. This is crazy.
Ford Bronco Sport TFL: Bronco Sport Heritage Limited vs RAV4 TRD Off-Road IMG_4608

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I just priced one out exactly like what I bought a year ago new for 40k. This is crazy.
Ford Bronco Sport TFL: Bronco Sport Heritage Limited vs RAV4 TRD Off-Road IMG_4608
I’m coming up on 2 years and 10k difference! But then I’m looking for a rental out in Phoenix right now and most are nearly 100 a day! Nothing is cheap these days.

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Good video, little unfortunate they used the Heritage Limited as it’s not a true representation of the Badlands ….
I’m not sure what is meant here and I do not feel like arguing but I disagree mostly due to these two simple facts:
1) a new Badlands with all the equipment, cost more
2) a used Badlands with all the equipment, costs more

Let me explain #2 with my recent experience. Our local dealership was selling a low-mileage Heritage Limited and it was not selling. When I was there they asked me (jokingly) if I wanted another one. I explained theirs is not selling because people get Heritage and Heritage Limited confused and they think it’s overpriced. I suggested they call it a Badlands Limited. They changed it to Badlands Heritage Limited and sold it within 24 hours. The buyer even stated he did not know an HLE was a Badlands (he wanted a used loaded Badlands … and expected to pay more for one).

So let’s just say, I think the HLE is the truest and best representation of a Badlands (or any Bronco Sport)!

*stepping off soap box now*

Lastly, that Toyota is terrible off-road and that driver (this video) made it look better than it really is. I’ve had both and I can do so much more in this Sport.

Last edited:

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
I’m not sure what is meant here and I do not feel like arguing but I disagree mostly due to these two simple facts:
1) a new Badlands with all the equipment, cost more
2) a used Badlands with all the equipment, costs more

Let me explain #2 with my recent experience. Our local dealership was selling a low-mileage Heritage Limited and it was not selling. When I was there they asked me (jokingly) if I wanted another one. I explained theirs is not selling because people get Heritage and Heritage Limited confused and they think it’s overpriced. I suggested they call it a Badlands Limited. They changed it to Badlands Heritage Limited and sold it within 24 hours. The buyer even stated he did not know an HLE was a Badlands (he wanted a used loaded Badlands … and expected to pay more for one).

So let’s just say, I think the HLE is the truest and best representation of a Badlands (or any Bronco Sport)!

*stepping off soap box now*

Lastly, that Toyota is terrible off-road and that driver (this video) made it look better than it really is. I’ve had both and I can do so much more in this Sport.
Tbh I was burned out after a long day at work, not even sure what I said myself.

I may go back later and see what I wrote and might even delete it or edit it.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Both vehicles were able to do the climb and decent, in the BS it looked a bit easier.
Most people will never do that as they would be afraid of potentially damaging their vehicle.
That Heritage Limited was/is pricey, depending where you live it would be over 50K really quick by the time you drove off the lot.

SgtT11B

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL, 2020 Ford Mustang GT
I wish they did their homework, the Badlands only comes with the 2.0L. The BS BL is definitely more capable than the RAV4TRD.
Sponsored