jofer

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport, '23 2Dr Bronco
Nice to see some reviews/testing of non-badlands trims! That sport looks good with a lift, too.

The course starts about 7 minutes in, but the discussion beforehand is well with listening to.

Sponsored

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
It pretty much laughed at their course.

Roman did say he considers the Sport to be the best of the soft roaders. I wonder how much hate mail he's going to get from Subaru owners for saying that.

I expect that a lifted Subaru will be on their course very soon.

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
That course is really easy though. Just got back from the off rodeo and know why they only let the badlands do it. The other models could technically get through, but with all the exposed bits I think we would’ve lost half the people that went through to damage in non BL models. Especially the oil pan. The front skid took a pounding from people dropping it onto the rocks, same with the other skids and we all peeled the felt covers back or half off from dragging.

fsjdw2

Badlands
First Name
Jerrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 5.0 GT convertible, 2022BS BL(pending)
It pretty much laughed at their course.

Roman did say he considers the Sport to be the best of the soft roaders. I wonder how much hate mail he's going to get from Subaru owners for saying that.

I expect that a lifted Subaru will be on their course very soon.

I had a lifted forester XT(2014) and it was a BEAST off road. I would hang with the jeep club off road (up until the 18+ inch deep snow with ice under it, didn't matter at that point, but multiple other people got stuck there too, including a modded land cruiser, 4runner, couple jeeps). If they still made the XT id be posting this on "subaruforesterxtforum.com" instead.

SgtT11B

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL, 2020 Ford Mustang GT
I too appreciate them testing a non Badlands Broncosport. However I wish they would have tested the stock one not one that's been lifted and with all terrain tires.

Bass Fool

Big Bend
First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I wish they would have driven a stock one too. I took my stock BB up a trail to get to a hiking/fishing spot in idaho, and it performed great. I really wish I had pictures of the trail, I thought it was rough road rated 5/10 on OnX.( my first time off roading though). I was very pleased with how the car did though! It gave me some confidence it its abilities. We climbed 2,000 ft of elevation...

Last edited:

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Chewed right through the course. Nice.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
I bet that BB as it is setup would hang with a BL on most obstacles. I would put on a skid plate though.
Agreed, or do better.

Ground clearance is king. Doesn't matter how many lockers or what tires, you can't drive through solid, immovable obstacles.

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
Never would have made it without Ford's traction control/limited slip/other? G.O.A.T. modes programming.
Agreed.
Sponsored