Steering wheel vibration when switching lanes?

SquarePants

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Last week when I was taking my '22 Badlands in for an oil change, I noticed a vibration in the steering wheel as I changed lanes going about 35 MPH?

I am not sure if it is supposed to do this or not, maybe a safety setting I accidentally engaged? I never noticed in before and I'm right at 10K miles?
Sponsored

OP
OP
SquarePants

SquarePants

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Is that a standard option? I don't have the 360 package? I will test it later today. Thanks.

tjbronco

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport, 2020 Subaru Outback
The button for turning on lane assist is on the end of the turn signal stalk. Maybe you accidentally turned it on.

OP
OP
SquarePants

SquarePants

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Probably so. Need to pay more attention to all the settings and options. Thanks.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
All Bronco Sport trims are equipped with CoPilot 360, which includes Lane Keeping Assist. The vibration you feel when crossing a line without your turn signal on is supposed to simulate rumble strips. You can change the vibration intensity in the Vehicle settings of your SYNC system.

SandDawg

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Sport
Last week when I was taking my '22 Badlands in for an oil change, I noticed a vibration in the steering wheel as I changed lanes going about 35 MPH?

I am not sure if it is supposed to do this or not, maybe a safety setting I accidentally engaged? I never noticed in before and I'm right at 10K miles?
There are TWO lane keep assists buttons. One is on the steering wheel, the other is a button on the end of the turn signal stalk. My guess is that you inadvertently pressed to the one on the turn signal. They perform slightly differently. The one one the left side of the steering wheel works with the adaptive cruise control and is best, The other is slightly less proficient at its task.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There are TWO lane keep assists buttons. One is on the steering wheel, the other is a button on the end of the turn signal stalk. My guess is that you inadvertently pressed to the one on the turn signal. They perform slightly differently. The one one the left side of the steering wheel works with the adaptive cruise control and is best, The other is slightly less proficient at its task.
The button on your steering wheel is for Lane Centering, not Lane Keeping Assist. These are two different features. Lane Centering is part of the CoPilot 360+ package, which also includes Adaptive Cruise Control.

OP
OP
SquarePants

SquarePants

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Yes, it was the turn signal button for Lane Keeping. Thanks for all the help. Now, another question for those wiser than me.

Can I access my front camera when not using one of the GOAT modes?

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, it was the turn signal button for Lane Keeping. Thanks for all the help. Now, another question for those wiser than me.

Can I access my front camera when not using one of the GOAT modes?
Depends on your speed. One of the buttons in the row beneath your SYNC screen turns on the front camera, but it's only operable at slow speeds (below 6 mph).

Last edited:

missOutsyder

Outer Banks
First Name
KT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
All Bronco Sport trims are equipped with CoPilot 360, which includes Lane Keeping Assist. The vibration you feel when crossing a line without your turn signal on is supposed to simulate rumble strips. You can change the vibration intensity in the Vehicle settings of your SYNC system.
My understanding is, you can change the intensity but can’t fully turn it off? My SYNC doesn’t appear to give me a turn off option.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My understanding is, you can change the intensity but can’t fully turn it off? My SYNC doesn’t appear to give me a turn off option.
According to my manual:

The system has optional setting menus available. The system stores the last known selection for each of these settings. You do not need to readjust your settings each time you switch the system on.

Mode: This setting allows you to select which of the system features you can enable.

Alert only – Provides a steering wheel vibration when the system detects an unintended lane departure.

Aid only – Provides steering assistance toward the lane center when the system detects an unintended lane departure.

Alert + Aid – Provides steering assistance toward the lane center. If your vehicle continues drifting out of the lane after the lane keeping aid corrects the vehicle, the system provides a steering
wheel vibration.

If your vehicle stays to one side of the lane after the lane keeping aid corrects your vehicle and then subsequently drifts out of the lane again, the system only provides an alert at the steering wheel.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Correct, not with Sync but did you try this method to turn off Lane Keeping?

Ford Bronco Sport Steering wheel vibration when switching lanes? IMG_1463
Sponsored