SeanMcNally

Outer Banks
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Following this...anyone had success? Just factory ordered a MY2022 OB and was disappointed to learn they nixed the temperature displays.
Sponsored

SeanMcNally

Outer Banks
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Got my 2021 HVAC controls from a junk yard today. Wish me luck this weekend installing it in my 2022 :)

Ford Bronco Sport Switching Temperature Control Knobs in MY22 to MY21 IMG_2980
Congrats! Looking forward to seeing if this install works :)

Any chance it came with a part number or any identifying documentation? This looks like the exact assembly I'm looking for, since my OB will have the dual zone climate and the heated steering wheel

jayzala

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Outer Banks
Congrats! Looking forward to seeing if this install works :)

Any chance it came with a part number or any identifying documentation? This looks like the exact assembly I'm looking for, since my OB will have the dual zone climate and the heated steering wheel
Here's the part number on the back of the module:
m1pt-18c612-ge

But I also found this online: m1pt-18c612-gd

Maybe the last 2 characters are different revisions

SeanMcNally

Outer Banks
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Here's the part number on the back of the module:
m1pt-18c612-ge

But I also found this online: m1pt-18c612-gd

Maybe the last 2 characters are different revisions
Interesting, the part number Ford Parts gave me when I called was completely different. They gave me M1PZ-19980-B, but they couldn't confirm 100% whether this actually was the '21 version with the displays on the knobs. This link seemed to confirm it had the screens, but maybe it was just an old photo.

Since you literally have one in your hand with a different #, yours must be the correct one. Thank you so much!

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
Interesting, the part number Ford Parts gave me when I called was completely different. They gave me M1PZ-19980-B, but they couldn't confirm 100% whether this actually was the '21 version with the displays on the knobs. This link seemed to confirm it had the screens, but maybe it was just an old photo.

Since you literally have one in your hand with a different #, yours must be the correct one. Thank you so much!
99.9% of the time 'part' numbers on an item don't match the part numbers from Ford.

The ones on the parts themselves are sort of an internal part number, whereas the ones given by dealers are truly identifiable part numbers. That's why 9 out of 10 times if you track a 'part' number from the item itself it leads to ebay as many sellers don't bother looking up the true part number and simply list what's written on the item.

Here is what I show for 21 Bronco Sport HVAC Controls:
M1PZ-19980-A w/Dual Zone Temp Ctrl.; w/o Heated Steering Wheel. Dual zone AC, w/o heated steering
M1PZ-19980-B w/Dual Zone Temp Ctrl.; w/Heated Steering Wheel. Dual zone AC, w/heated steering
M1PZ-19980-C w/o heated seat. Bronco Sport; w/o Dual Zone Temp Ctrl.; w/o Heated Drivers Seat
M1PZ-19980-D w/heated seats. Bronco Sport; w/o Dual Zone Temp Ctrl.; w/Heated Drivers Seat

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
Got my 2021 HVAC controls from a junk yard today. Wish me luck this weekend installing it in my 2022 :)

Ford Bronco Sport Switching Temperature Control Knobs in MY22 to MY21 IMG_2980
Dude, you are going to need it. I'm looking at the service manual and that looks like a true pain in the a$$ to install.

SeanMcNally

Outer Banks
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Dude, you are going to need it. I'm looking at the service manual and that looks like a true pain in the a$$ to install.
Is the service manual you’re referring to publicly available? Care to share a link/relevant pages?

jayzala

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Outer Banks
I'm going to be using this video to help with disassembly

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES

That's a great video and will definitely serve you well.

Good luck. Show us the completed project!

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL

I wonder if you can skip right to 14:20 and just open the glove box and pull out the lower panel or if any of that other disassembly is required. Pretty good video that demonstrates where they put the body clips.

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
I wonder if you can skip right to 14:20 and just open the glove box and pull out the lower panel or if any of that other disassembly is required. Pretty good video that demonstrates where they put the body clips.
I looked at the service manual for any shortcuts. Alas, there is none.
Sponsored