ryno8756

Big Bend
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
That's probably the best looking blacked-out Ford emblem I've seen yet. Looks awesome man!
Sponsored

ImdaJesus

Big Bend
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
How'd you go about installing the skid plate? I've been looking to make one out of the same stuff you did

vxarctic

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Added bull bar with lights, front license plate holder for bull bar, skid plate under bumper, blacked out Ford emblem, smaller antenna, and front camera
Ford Bronco Sport Some exterior mods:  bull bar with lights, skid plate, blacked out Ford emblem, smaller antenna PXL_20210817_135729546~2
Ford Bronco Sport Some exterior mods:  bull bar with lights, skid plate, blacked out Ford emblem, smaller antenna PXL_20210807_174550019
Ford Bronco Sport Some exterior mods:  bull bar with lights, skid plate, blacked out Ford emblem, smaller antenna PXL_20210817_042953883
Ford Bronco Sport Some exterior mods:  bull bar with lights, skid plate, blacked out Ford emblem, smaller antenna PXL_20210816_010601654
Ford Bronco Sport Some exterior mods:  bull bar with lights, skid plate, blacked out Ford emblem, smaller antenna PXL_20210818_061432746

Ford Bronco Sport Some exterior mods:  bull bar with lights, skid plate, blacked out Ford emblem, smaller antenna PXL_20210818_061413658
What are you using for the front camera? And does it double as a dash cam?

OP
OP
ctrabbit25

ctrabbit25

Outer Banks
First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
What are you using for the front camera? And does it double as a dash cam?
It's a wireless camera setup with screen from Amazon. It supports multiple cameras so you could have one in the front as a trail camera and one on your dash as a dash cam .

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
I was thinking about the skid plate - my one and only concern is that it appears to mount to the bumper skin versus the actual bumper underneath. It also appears to mount to the composite plastic engine cover. Am I seeing that right? I admire what you have done, and am just seeking clarity :)

OP
OP
ctrabbit25

ctrabbit25

Outer Banks
First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I was thinking about the skid plate - my one and only concern is that it appears to mount to the bumper skin versus the actual bumper underneath. It also appears to mount to the composite plastic engine cover. Am I seeing that right? I admire what you have done, and am just seeking clarity :)
It's attached to the bumper skin only. There are access holes to get to the bolts for the engine cover if it needed to be removed but not attached to it. Didn't think it was necessary to attach to the bumper front bar

Poolmanz Sport Bronco

First Edition
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport FE Area 51
All around nice! Where did you get the shorty antenna?

When I was showing off my FE to my buddy and told him we could install a kayak on top...his first response was "What about the antenna?" I was.... ? .... "I has tie downs that go the front bumper..."
Then I was thinking about my cargo box.. it's a long one- haven't measured it yet to see where it will line up with.

Any the shorty will solve and future needs for sure.

OP
OP
ctrabbit25

ctrabbit25

Outer Banks
First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
All around nice! Where did you get the shorty antenna?

When I was showing off my FE to my buddy and told him we could install a kayak on top...his first response was "What about the antenna?" I was.... ? .... "I has tie downs that go the front bumper..."
Then I was thinking about my cargo box.. it's a long one- haven't measured it yet to see where it will line up with.

Any the shorty will solve and future needs for sure.
1.4" Short Carbon Fiber AM/FM Radio Antenna Aluminum Black Vehicle Car Aerial Universal Replacement by GTP https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LZK5IRN/ref=cm_sw_r_sm_apa_glt_fabc_4450C6K76YA6SRQNPQWK?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

swamis

Big Bend
First Name
Allie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Do you mind posting a pic of where you ran the wires and also where you mounted your switch? I installed the RC bumper light, but haven't mounted my switch yet...

OP
OP
ctrabbit25

ctrabbit25

Outer Banks
First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Do you mind posting a pic of where you ran the wires and also where you mounted your switch? I installed the RC bumper light, but haven't mounted my switch yet...
I added a wire conduit through the wire access behind the battery it also allows for future routing
Ford Bronco Sport Some exterior mods:  bull bar with lights, skid plate, blacked out Ford emblem, smaller antenna PXL_20210825_012603342
Ford Bronco Sport Some exterior mods:  bull bar with lights, skid plate, blacked out Ford emblem, smaller antenna PXL_20210825_012615943
Ford Bronco Sport Some exterior mods:  bull bar with lights, skid plate, blacked out Ford emblem, smaller antenna PXL_20210825_012656824
Ford Bronco Sport Some exterior mods:  bull bar with lights, skid plate, blacked out Ford emblem, smaller antenna PXL_20210825_012710355

JohnnyBronco

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Where'd ya get that blackout Ford emblem?