So many reviews start out like this......

Summit

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BIGBEND & 2023 Bronco BADLANDS
With respect to the Bronco Sport.

"Based on the Ford Escape... "
So many car manufacturers use the same platform for many of their models. I mean it is good business practice to use what you have and go from there.

But for some reason almost every review I read on the Bronco Sport starts out with the same (even the new 2024 reviews)
"Based on the Ford Escape..."
It's not a Ford Escape.

I think the because it came out super retro and had a few issues due to being brand new - of course there were going to be a few issues to work out.

But here we are with at least a quarter of a million out there now......
Giddie up Ford Bronco Sport!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Goodland

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Yeah, imho it's no more an Escape than a Bronco is a Ranger, or a Tiguan is a Golf, or a Kawasaki Vulcan is a Ninja, on and on. I mean it's not wrong, and you can see the lineage, but it's not like the same car. It's just an escape with a different body, drivetrain, specs, interior, and user experience lol.

raiderbrit

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
I upgraded from a 2023 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD to a 2024 BS Badlands. My wife has a 23 Escape.
I can’t give you one specific reason, but the Bronco Sport is so much more fun to drive than the other 2. Somehow Ford put a fun quotient in the BSBL that doesn’t exist in the Escape or Mav. I just love the BSBL and congratulate the design engineers and product managers on a job well done!

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
But for some reason almost every review I read on the Bronco Sport starts out with the same (even the new 2024 reviews)
"Based on the Ford Escape..."
It's not a Ford Escape.
The Escape (Kuga in Europe) was the first crossover SUV from Ford based on its global C2 platform, so it's natural for lazy journalists to simply say "based on the Escape." To be accurate, they should write, "based on the same global C2 platform as the Escape/Kuga."

Bill G

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport Badlands, 66 Tiger
You mean you expect todays “journalists“ to actually do some work?

redbucky2022

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Hot Pepper Red BS
My fiance has a 2017 Escape. It's a great vehicle but couldn't fight its way out of a paper bag if it wanted to, especially off road. Yes.. the current Escape and BS share the 1.5 and similar underpinnings. But R&D and engineering at Ford stopped it there. The AWD system between the two are night and day different in a lot of ways. Everyone is so quick to bash over this topic without evaluating the facts.

coopny

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BS BL
I've jokingly referred to my BS BL as a "tarted up Escape" to people unfamiliar with the BS vs the "big Bronco" and it gets the point across that it's not huge. I then explain that it has a ton of differences to make it useful for some offroading (17" ride height on the BS BL, AWD system, advanced 4X4 twin clutch rear drive, trail control, etc..)

The car has some functional differences that make it more practical for offroading and a more fun design. That's enough for me. You can call it "based on the Escape", it feels like a very different car to sit in and drive.

OP
OP
Summit

Summit

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BIGBEND & 2023 Bronco BADLANDS
I got nothing against a Ford Escape except for the bad wrap about their earlier Ecoboost 2.0.
But Ford did resolve that issue before the Bronco Sport 2.0 - I think in 2019.
I just prefer the Bronco Sport. I like the retro style and as much
as I love the Badlands our Big Bend is great too.