2021 BS Badlands : 45K miles, too many? should I?

cellg8

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Is 45K miles too much for a 2021 Badlands? Never owned a Ford so would like to know if it's reliable to get it used and if 45K is too many miles for 2021. How much would you pay for it?

Have been in market looking for a brand new 2023 Big Bend...but came across this one.

Thank you.
Sponsored

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
Someone here has 94K miles but I don't remember the BS year.

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
It's a lot but not outside the norm. Assume 15k miles per year if they bought it in 2020. Just have it independently inspected by a reliable mechanic. If they don't find anything, I wouldn't worry.

OP
OP

cellg8

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Thank you both! Such great suggestions!!! Ah...2020 bought in..very likely. didn't think of that. And someone with 94K??? sure is a BRONCO!!!!

scaryhours

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BB
Is 45K miles too much for a 2021 Badlands? Never owned a Ford so would like to know if it's reliable to get it used and if 45K is too many miles for 2021. How much would you pay for it?

Have been in market looking for a brand new 2023 Big Bend...but came across this one.

Thank you.
test drive it. Have everything checked out. I'd trust the longevity of the 2.0 for at least another 100k if properly maintained. What's the sticker?

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
We traded my wife's previous 2.0L equipped Escape when it had nearly 160K on the ODO. It still ran well, and still got 28-29 mpg, just like when new. The only reason we traded is because she often drives long distances at night in remote areas, and we want to be sure the car she drives is as reliable as we can afford.

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Thank you.
Also, check the maintenance history.

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

rootdoc

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
thank you again everyone. It's around 28K. I just looked at it and it had a huge dent in the back!!!!! OMG.
If you are set on a used vehicle with lower cost, it sure seems like there is a huge window for price negotiating on this one. Hx of high end mileage for an ~2.5 yr old vehicle, in addition to hx of collision with body damage and possibly mechanical damage. Hmmm....even though there is high interest in Bronco Sports, I would think $20-21K would be more equitable to buyer and seller, especially if the seller really needs to cut ties with this vehicle.

Beninchesapeake

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Very few people sell or trade in "good reliable" vehicles. Yes I know there are exceptions to this. I would not buy one of these computers on wheels unless I buy it new. I have said it before in this forum, I will be either selling mine or trading it in before the manufacturers warranty period ends.

OP
OP

cellg8

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Very few people sell or trade in "good reliable" vehicles. Yes I know there are exceptions to this. I would not buy one of these computers on wheels unless I buy it new. I have said it before in this forum, I will be either selling mine or trading it in before the manufacturers warranty period ends.
Thank you. If that's the case, may I know why you don't just lease your vehicle?

Beninchesapeake

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Thank you. If that's the case, may I know why you don't just lease your vehicle?
Leasing is a huge ripoff. Too many junk fees. The only people lease is because they can't afford to buy outright. I pay cash for any vehicle I buy.
Sponsored