BroncoAngie

Big Bend
First Name
Angie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I have the 2021 Sport - Not only do I have the obnoxious brake sound in reverse, I also have the recall that I have been waiting on part for over 3 months, I have had to replace the front tire flap, the battery and the water pump. But the latest issue is what I will describe as exhaust noise - The car is so noisy, I took it to Ford 2 times - they said it's normal - but I disagree. I have driven this car for 30K miles before it started and I can tell the difference between what it sounded like before and what it sounds like now. 3 mechanics (2 at Ford) have all agreed that they "hear' what I am hearing but the 2 mechanics at Ford have decided it's normal. If I wanted something that sounded like a 73 Buick, I would have bought a 73 Buick. I am also experiencing the sluggish pick up upon acceleration. I am at a my wits end, every time I take the car in they tell me it's normal.. all the way down to smelling the antifreeze during the water pump issue - Not to mention the blast of fog on the windshield when I start it up... I need to figure out how to get these issues resolved without the constant "you're crazy' attitude I get every time I take it in
Sponsored

Sleddog

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Cactus Grey.
Have you tried another dealer or calling Ford customer service and opening a case with them?

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
Have you tried another dealer or calling Ford customer service and opening a case with them?
They monitor and reply to folks on this site by asking you to message them with your VIN, then they contact your Ford dealership to try and resolve this.

I'm guessing they will see your thread here and contact you.

OP
OP

BroncoAngie

Big Bend
First Name
Angie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I sure hope so - thank you!

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport

sholescurtis

First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I have the 2021 Sport - Not only do I have the obnoxious brake sound in reverse, I also have the recall that I have been waiting on part for over 3 months, I have had to replace the front tire flap, the battery and the water pump. But the latest issue is what I will describe as exhaust noise - The car is so noisy, I took it to Ford 2 times - they said it's normal - but I disagree. I have driven this car for 30K miles before it started and I can tell the difference between what it sounded like before and what it sounds like now. 3 mechanics (2 at Ford) have all agreed that they "hear' what I am hearing but the 2 mechanics at Ford have decided it's normal. If I wanted something that sounded like a 73 Buick, I would have bought a 73 Buick. I am also experiencing the sluggish pick up upon acceleration. I am at a my wits end, every time I take the car in they tell me it's normal.. all the way down to smelling the antifreeze during the water pump issue - Not to mention the blast of fog on the windshield when I start it up... I need to figure out how to get these issues resolved without the constant "you're crazy' attitude I get every time I take it in
Unacceptable! I hope you get some answers!

NMhunter

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
I like the backup alarm on mine. As for the noise, I just take out my hearing aids.

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
Definitely contact the Ford team on here. I contacted them about a problem I was having with the wife's Ecosport and they helped me with that.

Wazzat

Outer Banks
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
I like the backup alarm on mine. As for the noise, I just take out my hearing aids.
Wait a minute - I have read the owners manual forward and backward (because I do) and didnā€™t realize there was a backup alarm. I am absolutely loving this! People freaking out and calling this a big problem, freaking out about something that happens 0.01% of drive time and not a safety issue? Love this post šŸ‘

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Wait a minute - I have read the owners manual forward and backward (because I do) and didnā€™t realize there was a backup alarm. I am absolutely loving this! People freaking out and calling this a big problem, freaking out about something that happens 0.01% of drive time and not a safety issue? Love this post šŸ‘
Thereā€™s the back up alarm and thereā€™s the brake noise in reverse that many say sounds like a whale. Itā€™s the latter that causes the complaints.

Wazzat

Outer Banks
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
Thereā€™s the back up alarm and thereā€™s the brake noise in reverse that many say sounds like a whale. Itā€™s the latter that causes the complaints.
I know about the back up alarm, just kidding on that one LOL. Moreso poking at the brake noise that happens an nth of a degree of the time you drive the car, is not unsafe, and mainly causes ā€œembarrassmentā€œ because the neighbors can hear it. I know people spend a lot of money on these cars (the wife and I have two, bless our little hearts) and we let the little things fly. These are great vehicles, Ford will work out the noise, quit worrying about what your neighbors hear for two seconds a day, drive these things and have fun!!! My 2 centsā€¦ā€¦.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
ā€¦.we let the little things fly.
Ford will work out the noise,
quit worrying about what your neighbors hear for two seconds a dayā€¦
From the countless posts on the reverse brake noise issue it seems to vary from no noise at all to some noise but not all the time to an unbearable noise that occurs every time backing up. And some seem to have to be in reverse a fair amount so I give them a bigger break.

Iā€™m in the camp of a little noise, not all the time and itā€™s minor. Perhaps you as well.

others with the more extreme amount of noise deserve a break, I scroll past their discussions on the brake topic because I have no permanent solutions.

and speaking of solutions there are countless opinions on that too from a solution that works ā€œall the timeā€ (hard to prove), to it worked for awhile then the noise started again to it made the noise problem even worse.

due to the mechanism that causes the noise, and to the manufacturing tolerance I do not believe ā€œFord will ever work out the noise issueā€. The same noise Issue occurs for many vehicle manufacturers.

I just give people a break when they talk about their brake noise in reverse šŸ˜

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
As @Mark S. said once, ā€œWhat?ā€

Adam CW

Badlands
Threads