So I saw my first "big" Bronco yesterday and ...

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
Hard tops are back ordered for two years , I think the salmon said . Its kind of funny that so many parts are back order out not available , just don't remember that for any car or truck that I can remember . COVID 19 ? I don't think so , but could be .

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Hard tops are back ordered for two years , I think the salmon said . Its kind of funny that so many parts are back order out not available , just don't remember that for any car or truck that I can remember . COVID 19 ? I don't think so , but could be .
it's absolutely covidiocy...get paid to sit home playing your gaming console or go to work and do WORK? Even before the scamdemic finding people to show up and actually perform manual labor was challenging. My brother in law was a union steward at XXEP. He spent most of his time defending employees over drug test and work claims than helping negotiate pay. He retired early, he had enough.
Then you look at all the supply issues. It's not just 'supply' some of it is transport. We have one gas station in town. They run out of fuel by 2:30 pretty much daily. I happen to know the manager, small towns ya know...he said they can't find enough drivers to run the routes and deliver fuel. Nobody wants to work. It sure seems 'cool' and 'great' to get 'free' stuff...but we've lost site of who MAKES that stuff, who DELIVERS that stuff...and who SERVES that stuff.
It's a supply chain nightmare and it's a compounding problem.

George G

Badlands
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco sport
Random question: did you get your rims powder coated? Mine came with a great that totally didn’t match the scheme. Having them coated satin black and calipers possibly badlands orange
I like to see those calipers ?

erickbe

First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
I first put a reservation in for a 2 door black diamond then cancelled it when they weren't taking X plan for big Broncos. Kicking myself now. Prefer the bronco sport looks / functionality though for my needs and didn't have my stuff together earlier to get one ordered for 2021 badlands cutoff. Waiting for 22 badlands orders to open back up but if it is awhile I may go back to my original order, a 2 door black diamond. I'm not in a rush to get my next vehicle so can wait it out.

BroncoHawaii

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Having been a Jeep owner for the past 25 years I can't stress enough how much I love driving my Sport. It's the perfect size. I've had monster Jeeps with 6" lifts and huge tires and it just was not practical to drive daily lol. The Sport handles great (changed out the tires for mud terrains though). I have to go off road for my job as well as fancy resorts and the Sport fits both genres perfectly. I don't want the Big Bronco for a number of reasons: Too Big, too ugly and too much money. I'm getting 29.6 miles per gallon on the Sport and except for one freak electrical issue (resolved) I love driving it. That is my 2 cents

Alfredo

Base
First Name
Alfredo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco Sport
Ford Bronco Sport So I saw my first "big" Bronco yesterday and ... Ranger232 (2)

That's my Ranger in the back ground I took this shot two weeks ago on a sunday. The big Bronco is a 2 door V6 and a sticker price of just shy of $49000 and the dealer added a ADM of $6000 to that. Way to rich for my blood I'll stick with the Bronco Sport.
Looks great!

brockdog12

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I’m at the Ford dealer right now and they have two big Broncos on the lot, order cancellations, I told them let’s talk, said they can’t sell them right for some weird reason. I’m looking at an Outer Banks they got in yesterday.

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I’m at the Ford dealer right now and they have two big Broncos on the lot, order cancellations, I told them let’s talk, said they can’t sell them right for some weird reason. I’m looking at an Outer Banks they got in yesterday.
Can’t sell? Wonder why.

ZA-Val

Badlands
First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
After I drove a big Badlands at the off-roadeo I really want to upgrade. The compromise I made for myself is that I will wait until the new year and if I still want one after having my sport Badlands for approx 2 months I’ll place an order that will take a year or more at least or I’ll wait until slightly used ones start showing up on the lots and see what I can get for a trade in and the prices of used ones. I had mentioned on one of the facebook groups that I predict that next year we are going to see a lot of big Broncos used on the lots and if production picks up and the shortage eases there will be deals on them. A lot of people are scraping together their dollars to get and afford these 60k cars and not everyone who was able to get them will be able to keep them and they will wind up back on the lot to be sold.

HotChicken

Big Bend
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I'm getting 29.6 miles per gallon on the Sport...
Can't get a Big Bronco until hybrid or electrical comes online. The gas and carbon cost is just too great. The MPG hit from my 2015 hybrid Fusion (34.5 over 33K miles) to this combined 20.5 MPG.... woof.

All that to say, how the hecky brah are you pulling 29.6? All backroad, no stopping? I'm in the city and the block-by-block nonsense without a heavy foot and in eco mode tops me out at 19.5. I'm starting to wonder if after 5K on my Big Bend I should be seeing better mileage.

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
Can't get a Big Bronco until hybrid or electrical comes online. The gas and carbon cost is just too great. The MPG hit from my 2015 hybrid Fusion (34.5 over 33K miles) to this combined 20.5 MPG.... woof.

All that to say, how the hecky brah are you pulling 29.6? All backroad, no stopping? I'm in the city and the block-by-block nonsense without a heavy foot and in eco mode tops me out at 19.5. I'm starting to wonder if after 5K on my Big Bend I should be seeing better mileage.
Over 11 000 km on my Big Bend and I have 8.4/100km averaged over all driving. Not too bad considering it is a brick. Would be happier if it was an hybrid though.
Sponsored