So I saw my first "big" Bronco yesterday and ...

jhbass

First Edition
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
So I saw my first "big" Bronco yesterday and it felt a lot like meeting my girlfriend's much hotter sister. I kept telling myself to stay away from her because while I know that she's a lot more fun I also know that she's high maintenance and would ultimately cost me an arm & a leg.
Sponsored

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
They do look really nice. Maybe some day I'll trade in the sport for one but I feel like I got lucky with my ride, I'll give it a few years for Ford to shake out the bugs.
Yes my thought exactly,my pick would be 2 door but as I look at specs my first edition is the same size and a little faster and easier on the gas . I am with Mike on this maybe a trade down the road .
Ford Bronco Sport So I saw my first "big" Bronco yesterday and ... 239B080B-19A1-4181-8D0C-9B1656EF1475

Ford Bronco Sport So I saw my first "big" Bronco yesterday and ... 12C7C46F-BD28-40AD-ADF4-8A063AB708ED

Ford Bronco Sport So I saw my first "big" Bronco yesterday and ... 2687082B-F9B2-413E-8436-C5BAD93F46C6

Ford Bronco Sport So I saw my first "big" Bronco yesterday and ... 04E9BC1E-50F5-4293-90D8-5ED571D65350

Last edited:
OP
OP
jhbass

jhbass

First Edition
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Yes my thought exactly,my pick would be 2 door but as I look at specs my first edition is the same size and a little faster and easier on the gas . I am with Mike on this maybe a trade down the road .
Ford Bronco Sport So I saw my first "big" Bronco yesterday and ... 239B080B-19A1-4181-8D0C-9B1656EF1475
Same for me. I know that my FE is & was the right choice. Still needs a lift and some bigger tires though.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Personally, I prefer the looks of the Sport.
I agree whole heartedly and every day I drive it I feel more connected with what it's capable of. I think with any new purchase anyone second guesses. I went from a two door sports car to nostalgic bronco return knowing it might be a long wait for a full bronco and why do I really need it.
Just took another trip with the family mountain biking and it was exceptional driving. I don't know what I'd do at that point where both are available abundantly.

epatnoudes

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I love the idea of a Bronco, but I live in the Chicago suburbs and there's not much off-roading to do around here. It's almost overkill driving that type of truck in IL. The Sport is a great fit for a lot of people.

FirsandFire

Big Bend
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I love the look of the big Bronco and would loved to have ordered one but I was honest with myself and I'm not doing any real rock crawling again like I used to. The Sport is good on gas, looks great, gets a lot of compliments, it's comfortable and most importantly, I got it off the lot without a wait.

Maybe down the road I'll get a 2 door bronco as a fun vehicle but for now I'm really enjoying the fuel mileage and the size of the sport.

Reklussloth

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
The thing is. a. beast. I absolutely love how much the styling has the early gens lines and feel... really i think they nailes it.... impractical for me yes. Overkill for my uses yes. Im beyond happy with the sport so far.... but im not ruling the idea of picking up a full size slightly used a few years down the road to replace the f150 hahaha

Weston52

Big Bend
First Name
Weston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Solara, 91 Miata
The thing is. a. beast. I absolutely love how much the styling has the early gens lines and feel... really i think they nailes it.... impractical for me yes. Overkill for my uses yes. Im beyond happy with the sport so far.... but im not ruling the idea of picking up a full size slightly used a few years down the road to replace the f150 hahaha
I’d love to have an absolutely base Bronco 2 dr manual tucked away in addition to my BB but that ain’t gonna happen!
One observation about living under the halo of the Bronco name is that it is a pain to constantly explain that no, it’s not a Bronco, it’s a Bronco Sport yadda yadda. That answer either disappoints or totally confuses the asker. I refuse to use the term “Baby Bronco” and yet it doesn’t seem quite right not to address the difference.
How do y’all handle it?

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I’d love to have an absolutely base Bronco 2 dr manual tucked away in addition to my BB but that ain’t gonna happen!
One observation about living under the halo of the Bronco name is that it is a pain to constantly explain that no, it’s not a Bronco, it’s a Bronco Sport yadda yadda. That answer either disappoints or totally confuses the asker. I refuse to use the term “Baby Bronco” and yet it doesn’t seem quite right not to address the difference.
How do y’all handle it?
I say it’s like a bronco II and that a big is way too much truck for me, and a badlands bronco is 20k more, which I don’t have lol. I’m happy to drive a vehicle under the Bronco name. And I think they look awesome.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
How do y’all handle it?
I just smirk and say yeah. Same happened with the challenger. Everyone asked if my charger had the big hemi in it. Even my kids would get a laugh out of it. Some people just make conversation