Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
All services are the same. They all try and raise the rates after awhile, you just have to take 10 minutes out of your day to hassle your rates back down. I haven’t paid more than $5/month for Sirius in years. I just locked back into it for another year using the chat feature on their website a couple weeks ago. Took less than 3 minutes. Sports talk radio, live sports, live concerts, every genre of music, etc. Nothing is more convenient than Sirius in a car.
Sponsored

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
My satellite radio was never hooked up. But defaults to satellite ratio screen every time I start it and then the please subscribe prompts keep popping up until I can change the source. Super annoying. Also sounds like shit in any vehicle I’ve ever owned with it. Can’t see paying for low bit rate and commercials

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Once my free year was up and I didn't like the renewal price, they offered it for $7 a month and I took it. Sounds like a good deal to me.
I think they used to commonly offer $5/month when threatened w/cancellation; I've been getting about $6/month plus all the taxes and fees adds up to something just over $7/month. I don't NEED SiriusXM, but like it for some things, sometimes. But it is not worth more than that, for the value/extent that I use it (sometimes not much at all). Some are crazy about live sports and MUST have it for that, but I like it for some talk/entertainment channels, and the music is vastly improved over the SiriusXM experience I had in my old VW (distorted, low-quality). "New SiriusXM" music now sounds pretty good in my BS. (I don't know what else may have changed besides the VW for the BS.)

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
All services are the same. They all try and raise the rates after awhile, you just have to take 10 minutes out of your day to hassle your rates back down. I haven’t paid more than $5/month for Sirius in years. I just locked back into it for another year using the chat feature on their website a couple weeks ago. Took less than 3 minutes. Sports talk radio, live sports, live concerts, every genre of music, etc. Nothing is more convenient than Sirius in a car.
$5/month is VERY good, I could not get below $6.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
My satellite radio was never hooked up. But defaults to satellite ratio screen every time I start it and then the please subscribe prompts keep popping up until I can change the source. Super annoying. Also sounds like shit in any vehicle I’ve ever owned with it. Can’t see paying for low bit rate and commercials
That's very odd...?

PaulOinMA

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BS, '22 FE, '04 Audi TT, '66 Austin Moke
After having unauthorized credit card charges 10 years ago, I will never subscribe to Sirius. Thousands of consumer complaints against them for their business practices.

Incredibly short playlists for what I listen to. Burning CDs to USB flash drive. Much better. 7,000 songs so far with a lot more to add.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I’m happy with it but they can be pretty crappy to deal with. When my father passed away, I called to let them know that his credit card would be cancelled and we would not be renewing. They were by far the worst for dealing with it. They were willing to send me a unit I could put in my car to keep the service. I wasn’t even cancelling the service or looking for a refund. I was just telling them in advance I would not be renewing.

Fast forward to 2022. The Bronco has it for three months. I let it expire. They never called but kept sending offers to renew. When they got to $60 per year with a Alexa Dot thrown in, I said sure. We like it when traveling. When it comes to renewing, I’ll just do the same. When they get back down to $5 per month,I’ll renew. If not, I won’t. Like others have said, we have other methods for listening to music when traveling.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Sirius is a trash company. No other streaming service is as difficult to cancel. You just push a button on a computer without human intervention and it stops. Not Sirius. Worse than sleazy car salespeople. You have to talk to 2-3 people to actually stop service.

Value is in the eye of the beholder. The best deal they offer is $5 for Platinum/everything. Sometimes with an Alexa for listening. You have to push to get it. Really push them as in tell them you want that deal, the phone agents typically won't just offer it to you for retention. Not even if you're a 20 year subscriber. It isn't worth the $5 in my opinion. Is it the most convenient and compatible option for the built in? Yeah. Let's call it $7 though, with the tax and fees they charge $7.07 for that package. I get HBO max for $9 monthly and use it uncountable hours more than Sirius- and that's the expensive HBO plan. You can listen to ads for around $5 a month. Sirius is just a limited loop of music in categories with some talk mixed in. If you like listening to sports games, then the $5 probably makes sense because I don't think Sirius has any delays or blackouts.

But that is their entire business model. Squeezing every stone for any blood it has. Just hoping there are enough suckers out there that get on the $15/mo or $22/mo plan without realizing they will negotiate. I really wish they would just offer a value price that is fixed forever. Maybe even the $5, as long as 1) it includes everything they have and not just music. 2) It is a forever price and I would never, ever need to call or interact with their people on a biannual basis.

Alistar

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
They called me about 3 times and told them that I've never got into it, don't like the radio and all I need is Spotify. On the last call I've asked to please stop wasting our time and no more calls after 5 months.

Cyber Sport

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I can't understand the callers from india or wherever they are from so I just hang up, but it is annoying.

Robins21

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 05 F150, 99 Explorer, 69 Stang
We could have had it on our 08 Escape but never activated it, & we did not listen to it once in the free 6 months. We get a letter from then every couple months asking to join & I just throw it away, never had any interest in it. My wife & I have our music on thumb drives that we listen to in the BS.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Sirius is a trash company. No other streaming service is as difficult to cancel. You just push a button on a computer without human intervention and it stops. Not Sirius. Worse than sleazy car salespeople. You have to talk to 2-3 people to actually stop service.

Value is in the eye of the beholder. The best deal they offer is $5 for Platinum/everything. Sometimes with an Alexa for listening. You have to push to get it. Really push them as in tell them you want that deal, the phone agents typically won't just offer it to you for retention. Not even if you're a 20 year subscriber. It isn't worth the $5 in my opinion. Is it the most convenient and compatible option for the built in? Yeah. Let's call it $7 though, with the tax and fees they charge $7.07 for that package. I get HBO max for $9 monthly and use it uncountable hours more than Sirius- and that's the expensive HBO plan. You can listen to ads for around $5 a month. Sirius is just a limited loop of music in categories with some talk mixed in. If you like listening to sports games, then the $5 probably makes sense because I don't think Sirius has any delays or blackouts.

But that is their entire business model. Squeezing every stone for any blood it has. Just hoping there are enough suckers out there that get on the $15/mo or $22/mo plan without realizing they will negotiate. I really wish they would just offer a value price that is fixed forever. Maybe even the $5, as long as 1) it includes everything they have and not just music. 2) It is a forever price and I would never, ever need to call or interact with their people on a biannual basis.
SiriusXM can be stopped via their live chat accessed on their website. Yes, they will try and sell you to keep you. I admit I like the service and just go through their dance with them to get the lowest monthly cost renewal for another year on just the service I want. I complain about that part of it every time. I was sure I would have to call -- but the live chat wasn't THAT bad to continue the service at a little over 1/4 the cost they were demanding for renewal (the automatic kind that comes without threatening to quit the service). This much I really detest about them. But the service in my BS is actually pretty good. Is it worth the $5 ($7) a month? I'm sure it's NOT worth any more than that, but I do listen a little bit at least every day. Great on extended drives/trips when I may check out a variety of offerings (music, talk, 'entertainment,' sports, etc.).

petegee77

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I'll be the odd man out.

I tried the 6 months free Sirius service and liked it a lot. I could get the music I like anytime I wanted. So when the 6 months was up, they didn't call me, but I went online to their website and signed up for it. It costs a little over $16.00/month with tax and I feel that's a bargain.

I also have a couple of echo dot devices in my house and I stream Sirius into them all day every day.

And Sirius has never called me once.
I've have a very similar experience. I love having it and it's all I listen to both in the car and thru Alexa. I travel quite a bit and NEVER have to worry about "losing " a station because I'm out of range and finding a new one. Never been bothered by them with calls.
Sponsored