nih96

Badlands
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Is this an aftermarket solution or a retrofit of Ford's Copilot 360+?
Retrofit, every part in this mod, is from FoMoCo. (except wires). The MMwave sensor is installed as stock, I did a free oil change from my dealer last month with all the mods on, they didn't notice at all.
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Retrofit, every part in this mod, is from FoMoCo. (except wires). The MMwave sensor is installed as stock, I did a free oil change from my dealer last month with all the mods on, they didn't notice at all.
Duh, you already covered my question earlier in this thread, and I completely forgot. It's hell getting old...

If possible, please post a photo of the steering wheel control you installed. The wife's Escape has the full system, which includes an on/off button on the steering wheel for lane centering.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
The recent 600 mi trip I did with ACC on for the most part is very good.

For The lane centering, I notice that it may be working at all time when ACC is on. When I change the setting to Alert. It will only vibrate the steering wheel and beep at me when I drift off. When I enable Alert+Aid, the car will do the alert stuff Plus nudging the steering wheel to correct it. It is quite different from lane keep assist. The nudging is stronger and it always kick the vehicle back to the center. So I believe it is actually working automatically when ACC is on. I don't see the icon on the cluster right now, I will continue to investigate in Forscan. With that said, the centering is still a assist, you cannot free your hands from the steering wheel, otherwise BS will beep at you.

Here is a short video from my dashcam capturing the ACC doing emergency brakes. And then following the vehicle by itself.

No wonder people want the ACC, too many others driving with their heads up their backsides. Glad it’s working for you so your car can avoid these idiots.

shakeandbaker

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray BS Badlands, BMW 135i
The recent 600 mi trip I did with ACC on for the most part is very good.

For The lane centering, I notice that it may be working at all time when ACC is on. When I change the setting to Alert. It will only vibrate the steering wheel and beep at me when I drift off. When I enable Alert+Aid, the car will do the alert stuff Plus nudging the steering wheel to correct it. It is quite different from lane keep assist. The nudging is stronger and it always kick the vehicle back to the center. So I believe it is actually working automatically when ACC is on. I don't see the icon on the cluster right now, I will continue to investigate in Forscan. With that said, the centering is still a assist, you cannot free your hands from the steering wheel, otherwise BS will beep at you.

Here is a short video from my dashcam capturing the ACC doing emergency brakes. And then following the vehicle by itself.

This is pretty cool. Thanks for sharing.

Did you ever post a write-up on this? Looking to follow in your footsteps here.

TheDeadlySpaceman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS
the installer recognizes that they are voiding any warranty and take their own life into their hands by retrofitting technology that CONTROLS THE STEERING AND ACCELERATION of their vehicle. So you probably shouldn't be doing this.
That’s pretty much why I didn’t even have Ford install these features for me. I’ll drive, thanks.

nih96

Badlands
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport