Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray BS Badlands, BMW 135i
Update!

I managed to make the Traffic Sign Recognition work without the NAV APIM. And Upon some testing, the Intelligent cruise control will work with the TSR info and control the speed.

There are 3 choices in the IPMA TSR setting: Disable, Camera Only, and Fusion (Map Data + Camera Data). I am currently using Fusion. I do not have a NAV currently, the IPMA cannot get data from NAV, so it uses the camera data for the speed.

And upon checking with the Forscan team, the non-electronic boosted ABS module in Bronco Sport only supports the following functions:

1 - Without Cruise Control
2 - Cruise Control
4 - ACC Stop&Go

Although Bronco Sport is on the same platform as Escape and Maverick, option 3 - ACC is not supported on Bronco Sport.

As for the ACC shut down by Parking Brake, right now my process to solve is

1. Turn on the car (Press the Start Stop button without pressing the brake)
2. Disengage parking brake
3. Turn off the car
4. Turn on the car
5. Turn off the car
6. Start Engine

Basically is to do two cycles of turn on/off and then start the engine.

As I only use ACC for long highway driving, this is not something bothers me a lot. My old vehicle do not have any of these features, so this is fine for me.

The cost breakdown of this project:

Front Sensor w/pigtail : $250 (Used)
Front Bracket Part # M1PZ14C022A: $73
Steering Wheel Control Switch Part # M1PZ9C888AA: $82
100 FT Cat 6 Wire: $25
Automotive Wire: $20

So the total is $450 (Exclude materials electrical tape, cable sleeves etc.)

If add in the NAV upgrade and ABS pump, that's another $1500

I think it is more expensive than purchasing it from Ford when you config the vehicle.

But if you only want to spend the money on ACC but not the NAV and ABS pump, $450 is not that bad.

I bought my Badlands from a dealer's lot since there is only one Badlands in my area. I don't want to wait a long time for an ordered one. But that's just my choice...

I am currently doing some cleanup, and documenting everything, will post a detailed process soon if anyone is interested to use some elbow grease.
How has the ACC been working for you? Very interested in doing this myself.

Were you able to get lane centering to work as well instead of just lane keeping assist?
Sponsored

nih96

Badlands
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I am currently doing some daily drive and test it, I am not sure if the lane centering is working or not. Still figuring out. Maybe I chose the wrong steering wheel switch.

Other than that, I think it is working great. I am gathering all the stuff and taking photos. Will be posting soon.

Sorry for the long wait.

nih96

Badlands
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
If your asking can it be added? Yes at your dealer for $2000.
I don't believe the dealer can add it to the vehicles on their lot. The Copilot 360+ assist has a different abs pump. That thing requires to rerun the brake lines. I manage to get my abs pump work, but definitely not as smooth as the dedicated one.

jimharrison1950

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend HOT PEPPER RED
I don't believe the dealer can add it to the vehicles on their lot. The Copilot 360+ assist has a different abs pump. That thing requires to rerun the brake lines. I manage to get my abs pump work, but definitely not as smooth as the dedicated one.
The quote was from my dealer.

shakeandbaker

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The quote was from my dealer.
My dealer just got back to me and said it’s not an option to add after purchase. Curious how your dealer is able to make it happen. Only place I’ve heard of it being a possibility.

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
My dealer just got back to me and said it’s not an option to add after purchase. Curious how your dealer is able to make it happen. Only place I’ve heard of it being a possibility.
I mean, anything is possible if you throw enough money out. Hell, I'm trying to add the CMS, which is no where close to what retrofitting the CoPilot 360+ would cost as far as money, time, and sheer technological skill.

PonyDriver43

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang EB Premium, 13 F150 Lariat, 18 Tahoe
I mean, anything is possible if you throw enough money out. Hell, I'm trying to add the CMS, which is no where close to what retrofitting the CoPilot 360+ would cost as far as money, time, and sheer technological skill.
I would say MOST ANYTHING is possible with enough cash. Just look at the problem you are having with hard parts.
Shakeandbaker is after some major computer interaction with ACC, Lane Centering, etc. With today's labor & parts "constraints" my suggestion is simply order a 2023 the way he/she wants, or start looking for one that has the features he/she wants.
With the economy in the ditch, used prices are going to be up for a while, maybe the difference in price will not be out of the question.

Last edited:

shakeandbaker

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would say MOST ANYTHING is possible with enough cash. Just look at the problem you are having with hard parts.
Shakeandbaker is after some major computer interaction with ACC, Lane Centering, etc. With today's labor & parts "constraints" my suggestion is simply order a 2023 the way he/she wants, or start looking for on that has the features he/she wants.
With the economy in the ditch, used prices are going to be up for a while, maybe the difference in price will not be out of the question.
Agree it’s probably more efficient at that point to just order a new vehicle.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Dealerships are limited by the kind of support they can get from FoMoCo, the skills and motivation of their service techs, and sometimes by lawyers and insurance. I would imagine retrofitting a system that can, for all intents and purposes, assume control over a vehicle carries a significant insurance/liability risk for a dealership. The factory has the legal and financial resources to handle a lawsuit stemming from an accident involving such systems, but unless a dealership can get the blessing--and legal top cover--from FoMoCo it would pose a significant risk to attempt the kind of vehicle modifications necessary to retrofit the Copilot 360+ systems in the field. A single lawsuit could easily put a dealership out of business.

I think anyone wanting to retrofit their car with the 360+ systems will have a lot of research to do because they will have to take a very active roll in the process. I believe it's doable, but it won't be cheap or easy.

nih96

Badlands
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Hi all,

I am currently testing the Adapt Cruise Control system. I have almost reached 10000 miles of testing. That includes four 600+ mile trips with Adaptive Cruise Control on for most of the time and regular daily driving (50 mi/day) in different traffic conditions. It definitely needs some re-calibration for the CCM during my test, but I am getting there, so far I think my MM wave sensor is in a good position and the response are very good.

Will get everything written out once I feel that the system is proven to be absolutely safe.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Hi all,

I am currently testing the Adapt Cruise Control system. I have almost reached 10000 miles of testing. That includes four 600+ mile trips with Adaptive Cruise Control on for most of the time and regular daily driving (50 mi/day) in different traffic conditions. It definitely needs some re-calibration for the CCM during my test, but I am getting there, so far I think my MM wave sensor is in a good position and the response are very good.

Will get everything written out once I feel that the system is proven to be absolutely safe.
Is this an aftermarket solution or a retrofit of Ford's Copilot 360+?

nih96

Badlands
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
How has the ACC been working for you? Very interested in doing this myself.

Were you able to get lane centering to work as well instead of just lane keeping assist?
The recent 600 mi trip I did with ACC on for the most part is very good.

For The lane centering, I notice that it may be working at all time when ACC is on. When I change the setting to Alert. It will only vibrate the steering wheel and beep at me when I drift off. When I enable Alert+Aid, the car will do the alert stuff Plus nudging the steering wheel to correct it. It is quite different from lane keep assist. The nudging is stronger and it always kick the vehicle back to the center. So I believe it is actually working automatically when ACC is on. I don't see the icon on the cluster right now, I will continue to investigate in Forscan. With that said, the centering is still a assist, you cannot free your hands from the steering wheel, otherwise BS will beep at you.

Here is a short video from my dashcam capturing the ACC doing emergency brakes. And then following the vehicle by itself.

Sponsored