Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
How can the Nav be added?
We ordered my wife a First Edition and I was very unhappy to find out that it did not have Nav.
I have ForScan and am patiently awaiting to learn how to enable nav
If you DIY you'll need to purchase a replacement Accessory Protocol Interface Module (APIM) and load it with the correct configuration data. Those who've been successful typically copy the configuration data from a factory-equipped vehicle configured with the same equipment as theirs. There are vendors who offer preprogrammed APIMs, but they're not cheap.
Sponsored

OP
OP
moserp624

moserp624

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport, Mazda CX-5
There is a thread on the MustangS550 forum regarding this topic. A user over there successfully added adaptive cruise to his car by installing the missing radar sensor, swapping the steering wheel to one with the correct buttons, and making some changes to the software via Forscan. You may not get all the features you get if it installed from the factory, but I'm betting you can get some if you're willing to do all the legwork.
I've thought more about this topic from time to time since driving the car more and was about 95% sure that's all it would take. I've never worked with Forscan before as all my previous cars were too old to need anything like that. Been looking into how to play around with it more and more recently. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be too much guidance with Forscan and the BS just yet.

I'll have to find that thread on mustangs550 and give it a read.

The only additional feature I really want from copilot 360 assist + is the lane centering. So I think it's reasonable.

Car still feels very new to me, so I'm hesitant to take too much apart yet. But if I pull this string I will let y'all know.

MrSkivvies

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I've thought more about this topic from time to time since driving the car more and was about 95% sure that's all it would take. I've never worked with Forscan before as all my previous cars were too old to need anything like that. Been looking into how to play around with it more and more recently. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be too much guidance with Forscan and the BS just yet.

I'll have to find that thread on mustangs550 and give it a read.

The only additional feature I really want from copilot 360 assist + is the lane centering. So I think it's reasonable.

Car still feels very new to me, so I'm hesitant to take too much apart yet. But if I pull this string I will let y'all know.
Have you had an opportunity to follow up on this? I, too am fairly new to FORScan but have a great deal of technical ability, and a good bit of vehicle knowhow.

I have a 2022 BS Badlands, so I'm curious aside from programming, what wiring and/or hardware may be a prerequisite to copilot 360 assist+ features from the copilot 360 that comes standard with the BL and/or FE vehicles.
I would almost expect an APIM upgrade to a unit that includes Navigation as a prerequisite.. then again, I've yet to find any clarification on that.

Cheers!

My42waffles

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 f150 21 bronco sport
So I was able to successfully add adaptI’ve cruise to my 17 I plan to add it to my first edition that really should have had it from the factory. I will be buying the wiring book from helm and getting all necessary modules and harness to add it the factory way. Since the first edition already has the ipma it should be as simple as turning on the settings and running the calibration once it’s all hooked up. Since this thread was already started on the topic I will document everything here instead of starting a new one.

cgparsons1983

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I thought about this too, then I saw a video of 360 assist + being used and noticed the steering wheel buttons are different too.

My42waffles

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 f150 21 bronco sport
I thought about this too, then I saw a video of 360 assist + being used and noticed the steering wheel buttons are different too.
Steering wheel buttons are easy to swap. had to do that with my old f150. Cost is around $60 for the switch pack from the dealer I use. Then all you have to do is tell the module in the steering column that it has that button set using forscan. Right now I have a parts list at about $450-$550 depending on if I need a front bumper harness.

Sensor: lb5z-9e731-ab $361.05

Sensor bracket: l1mz-14c022-b $22.94

Harness: maybe l1mz-15k867-be $116.87

Switch: lb5z-9c888-h $56.09

the only part number I’m not sure of is the harness but I plan to use a vin from one that already has it for ordering if I need it.

im still confused as to way ford thought it was a good idea to ship the first edition without 360+

cgparsons1983

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Steering wheel buttons are easy to swap. had to do that with my old f150. Cost is around $60 for the switch pack from the dealer I use. Then all you have to do is tell the module in the steering column that it has that button set using forscan. Right now I have a parts list at about $450-$550 depending on if I need a front bumper harness.

the only part number I’m not sure of is the harness but I plan to use a vin from one that already has it for ordering if I need it.

im still confused as to way ford thought it was a good idea to ship the first edition without 360+
Interesting...well I'm planning on keeping my Badlands for a long time, but I'm in no rush to get 360+. At least I know it's possible to upgrade though.

MrSkivvies

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport

Huge logjam broken! This sounds really encouraging. Looking forward to your updates, I hope it goes well.

It's Big Blue doing Big Blue things. Their branding in the 360/Co-Pilot/Assist Plus/Whatever has been a marketing disaster, at best. I understand that we're all pioneers at this point in time as technology becomes more prevalent in automobiles, but I agree, the lack of common sense with what's considered the premium package is quite baffling.

Cheers!

Warpious

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.floracreekplace.com
Vehicle(s)
'08 Merc Mariner, 2012 Mustang (R.I.P), 2022 BS BL

Yes I'll be following this as well as I mistakenly left it off the build order. Haven't been disappointed in the vehicle at all but if it's a realistic option to add it on...I'd be all for it

max the dog

Badlands
First Name
warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
L8000, Excursion, F350, escape, BL, Hummer
The vehicle without 360+ is missing the front radar sensor as well as whatever hardware, module, controls that sensor and the rest of the system. I doubt it is as simple as adding the sensor, wiring and a software update. I am not sure if the camera near the rear view mirror is any different that the standard one so that may need to be changed if it is as well.
My BL has front collision alarm. Does that help with getting 360?

MrSkivvies

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
My BL has front collision alarm. Does that help with getting 360?
They all have 360 as standard. Collision detection is a part of the standard 360 setup.
The 360+ has an additional Cruise Control Distance Sensor (PN: lb5z-9e731-ab as noted previously) and mount bracket.

max the dog

Badlands
First Name
warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
L8000, Excursion, F350, escape, BL, Hummer
They all have 360 as standard. Collision detection is a part of the standard 360 setup.
The 360+ has an additional Cruise Control Distance Sensor (PN: lb5z-9e731-ab as noted previously) and mount bracket.
Thanks for the info. Now if I could find a CD player, I'm old school, that would work in the BS I'd be a happy camper.

MrSkivvies

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport

How's your project coming along? I hope it is well!

Cheers!

nih96

Badlands
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport

Hi all!

I am new to the forum and first time writing on a forum, I got my 22 Badlands in June. Since then I did some modifications including changing the climate control panel, and Forscan programming.

Since this is my first Ford vehicle, I am still learning.

I am working to install ACC to my Bronco Sport.

Thank you My42waffles for pointing the right direction to get parts. I managed to get the steering wheel control, front sensor and the bracket.

Here is the photo of the Steering wheel button.

Ford Bronco Sport Retrofit CoPilot 360 Assist + Possible? Switch

However the ACC harness includes two parts. The first one is 14290A and the second one is 12A522

Attached is the wiring photo
Ford Bronco Sport Retrofit CoPilot 360 Assist + Possible? Engine Compartment Wiri

I took apart the front of the car to check, in order to change the 12A522 wire, I need to take apart the radiator. I didn't get the harness.

So I made my own harness, Cat6 cable for Can High and Can Low, and 20AWG Automotive cable for power. Fortunately, when I got my sensor from a junkyard, I managed to get the connector with the sensor.

I am now connecting the sensor directly to IPMA above the interior rearview mirror.

Right now I have all the hardware wired up and installed

Here is a photo of the sensor (Pardon me for the awful wiring, I will take the front apart again, label things up, do proper waterproofing to the wire, take some photo and tidy things up)

Ford Bronco Sport Retrofit CoPilot 360 Assist + Possible? CCM

I did cut out a slot to fit the bracket. Thankfully, there are existing marks on the cover, So I followed the mark to cut it out.

I don't have the sensor cover right now, I ordered it but it takes a long time to get here. When the sensor cover comes, I will cut out the center to fit the cover nicely.

After contacting Forscan Team, I managed to get a test version of Forscan to do Front Sensor Calibration.

Below is a picture of when I am doing a calibration early this morning, you want a straight road and a constant speed above 30mph. I used Ford's calibration document to do it. The calibration took me around 15 minutes to complete. And the warning message disappeared from the cluster. I also cleared the DTCs.

Ford Bronco Sport Retrofit CoPilot 360 Assist + Possible? Steerin

I am still in the process, the system is not fully working right now, I have managed to fully program the APIM, BCM, SCCM, IPC, and CCM.

The IPMA and ABS are finished yet since I have a cheap OBD cable, that might be the cause. I am waiting for my OBDLink EX to arrive today, then I will give it another go.

For the IPMA, I am not sure if my module has the capability to do it. Right now, if I enable ACC in IMPA, the front camera will stop working.

I don't know the module part number for cars equipped with CoPilot 360+ Assist, if somebody can help with that I am greatly appreciated it. My IPMA is M1PT-19H406-CD

Here is a photo of the Instrument Cluster with ACC programmed.

Ford Bronco Sport Retrofit CoPilot 360 Assist + Possible? ACC

Currently, I cannot program the ABS, so I am actively contacting Forscan to figure out if that's a software limitation or a hardware limitation.

For the ABS itself, I know that my unit doesn't have an electronic booster. That means Stop & Go will not work properly or even the entire thing will not work. If that's the final roadblock I will figure out how to change the ABS module.

Now my vehicle with the new stuff installed, the normal cruise control still works. The buttons on the steering wheel control all work properly. I just disabled the ACC on my Drive Assist page for now.

When I figure out everything and make it work, I will do a proper write-up for this project.

Cheers!
Sponsored