Jdiditz

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Yeah I know this is a sour subject with us BS owners. But I have been calling my dealership since March, every time I call they tell me that they are still waiting on parts. That's it. I get the fact that its a recall and they don't get paid. How long am I going have to wait for a drain tube. Geez. Any one else running into the same/similar situation?
Sponsored

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
Gotta start riding a bike, or use public transportation. It's unfortunate today that we are faced with these situations of recalls, lack of replacement parts, and so on.

I'll hold onto my 2007 Ford F150. It's been very reliable, and no issues of getting parts for it.

Dantanman

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport

MoFoCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit 250, VW eGolf, 2021 Badlands
Warranties and recalls are the downside of owning a brand new car. Anything 2-3 years old has already had most recalls and factory defects fixed.

I just got my 2015 Transit back from the dealer for a 5 year old recall, hope it's the last. Every time I take it in for a warranty or recall it comes back with new problems because of hasty workmanship (likely not the technician's fault, they are pushed for volume not quality). Now that it's out of warranty it's one less car that needs to go to the dealer, and I'll keep it until something catastrophic happens.

All the major issues my Transit had were worked out after the first model year, so it's partly my fault for being the early-adopter. Then I bought a first model year BS, fool me once...

Somehow my Badlands has not had a single recall *knocks wood*.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
That is true but they are still building thousands of new ones every month. They have parts for new ones just not for existing customers.
Do we know that Ford is using the parts meant to comply with the fuel leak recall on new cars? I seem to recall someone mentioning they have a new 1.5L Bronco Sport and it doesn't have a drain hose like that used to comply with the recall. My speculation is that Ford found another way to keep fuel from pooling on the top of the engine for new cars.

RPYLE50

Outer Banks
First Name
Rowdy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I received the ABS recall (I was one of the lucky 800, I guess) and was able to have it repaired quickly. The recall letter came in mid-May, I called a local dealership and scheduled the appt at a time that was convenient for me. The fix itself took longer than expected (two days versus one, but they said it was a lack of staffing), but they got the part and it is repaired. Fingers crossed that nothing else pops up soon! I have a 23' OBX, and have had zero issues with it, drives great and looks great!

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Yeah I know this is a sour subject with us BS owners. But I have been calling my dealership since March, every time I call they tell me that they are still waiting on parts. That's it. I get the fact that its a recall and they don't get paid. How long am I going have to wait for a drain tube. Geez. Any one else running into the same/similar situation?
For that recall I probably wouldn't actively try to get it done. There is a very small chance that you vehicle would actually have a fuel leak. Then another small percentage chance of it actually catching fire if there was a leak. If you take it to the dealer for regular service, then they will eventually have the parts and perform the installation. If you don't use the dealer for regular service, then they have you on the list of people waiting for the parts and will let you know when they are available.

Dantanman

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Do we know that Ford is using the parts meant to comply with the fuel leak recall on new cars? I seem to recall someone mentioning they have a new 1.5L Bronco Sport and it doesn't have a drain hose like that used to comply with the recall. My speculation is that Ford found another way to keep fuel from pooling on the top of the engine for new cars.
Possibly but I've seen them stall current customers for months claiming no parts when they were cranking out new ones

atlsrt44

Base
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford
Warranties and recalls are the downside of owning a brand new car. Anything 2-3 years old has already had most recalls and factory defects fixed.

I just got my 2015 Transit back from the dealer for a 5 year old recall, hope it's the last. Every time I take it in for a warranty or recall it comes back with new problems because of hasty workmanship (likely not the technician's fault, they are pushed for volume not quality). Now that it's out of warranty it's one less car that needs to go to the dealer, and I'll keep it until something catastrophic happens.

All the major issues my Transit had were worked out after the first model year, so it's partly my fault for being the early-adopter. Then I bought a first model year BS, fool me once...

Somehow my Badlands has not had a single recall *knocks wood*.
I had 2 transits for work (the big ones. Mediums or something like that)

A 2015 and 2018. They spent more time in the shop than not.

My favorite was when i was driving thru southern illinois and the service transmission soon message comes on and it stops shifting out of top gear.

Thankfully i got it into a parking lot. Come to find out the transmission got too hot and blew all the fluid out of the vent tube or whatever. That took 2 visits to fix.

Then there was the blinking check engine light whenever driving in the rain lol.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Had a 2012 challenger. Faced a alternator recall, bad parts installed.on every one of them that model year. We were heading to new years dinner, it died a quarter mile from the parking lot. I coasted in, called insurance and had it towed. Same deal waiting on parts. This issue ramped me to the front of the line thankfully. All dealers, all manufacturers have this issue. Some of y'all need to get a bus pass...stop blaming FORD. It's a car.problem. a supplier problem. A world problem. Bitching to bitch.

Last edited:

BravoAlpha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Expedition MAX Silverado Z71
Had a 2012 challenger. Faced a alternator recall, bad parts installed.on every one of the.. heading to new years dinner, it died a quarter mile from the parking lot. I coasted in, called insurance and had it towed. Same deal waiting on parts. This issue ramped me to the front of the line. All dealers, all manufacturers have this issue. Some of y'all need to get a bus pass...stop blaming FORD. It's a car.problem. a supplier problem. A world problem. Bitching to bitch.
agree.

My close friend is going through a nightmare with a C8 corvette with less than 1000 miles.

Coworker has a new Tundra that’s has spent more time at shop than at his house.

now, I’ve got a 22 Silverado with 17K miles leaking oil in my driveway. 3 Chevy dealers in my area won’t even let me schedule this month to get it looked at. Oh well, park it on some cardboard and check the oil level.

recalls are no big deal. Relax. I gave three above examples of $375K worth of vehicles from other manufacturers that are not even drive-able

atlsrt44

Base
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford
This is very true. I bought a 23 chevy bolt (for the tax rebate)
Less than 1000 miles and when i went to fill the wiper reservoir it dumped all over the ground. Come to find out they didnt fuse the filler neck to the bottle.

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I'm over 3 months in waiting on the tube for the recall.

baztien.xplrz

Base
First Name
Reah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I am on the same boat. Been calling since mid March and getting the same rundown from the parts/service team - that I am on a long list of customers, they only receive 7 parts per week, most of the parts that arrive seem to get installed into the newer BS that they're trying to get off their lot.
Sponsored