Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape

o0260o

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BroncoSport
You can't make something so reliable that it affects new sales, you can't be so unreliable that affects reputation. 🙃

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
I feel a one-liter is crazy for a vehicle. I'm not too fond of a 3 cyl 1.5 design either.

wessermgm

Big Bend
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 SCrew; 2023 BS BB Silver
It's stories like this that make me skeptical of claims that Ford (or any other major auto manufacturer) builds cars with "planned obsolescence" in mind. The engines in many of these vehicles fail just beyond the 60K warranty. If this was Ford's plan all along they why issue a recall?

https://www.thedrive.com/news/fords-self-clogging-1-0-liter-ecoboost-engine-is-finally-getting-recalled
Seems pretty obvious the only reason they are doing so is the discovery of the defect's origins by the NHTSA. Ford was already subject to a class action on this and did nothing. Took the Feds to get involved. Not saying it was planned obsolescence, but let's not act like Ford really stepped up to the plate here either.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
I feel a one-liter is crazy for a vehicle. I'm not too fond of a 3 cyl 1.5 design either.
I am. It amazes me how peppy my 1.5 is.

My concern is for those who had a repair done (and paid for by themselves) for this issue will be reimbursed.

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
I am. It amazes me how peppy my 1.5 is.
I agree. Peppy and flawless (though revs high at 70+ MPH) on an SC to NJ trip through the Blue Ridge Mountains BUT I still don't trust it. Most likely because I had two Lincolns with the 2.0L and loved that engine.
I like the luxury options on the OBX. A 2.0L option would have made the BS almost perfect.

BLUEOVALRACER

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I agree. Peppy and flawless (though revs high at 70+ MPH) on an SC to NJ trip through the Blue Ridge Mountains BUT I still don't trust it. Most likely because I had two Lincolns with the 2.0L and loved that engine.
I like the luxury options on the OBX. A 2.0L option would have made the BS almost perfect.
I agree on your last sentence!!

Mwittke5857

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
It's stories like this that make me skeptical of claims that Ford (or any other major auto manufacturer) builds cars with "planned obsolescence" in mind. The engines in many of these vehicles fail just beyond the 60K warranty. If this was Ford's plan all along they why issue a recall?

https://www.thedrive.com/news/fords-self-clogging-1-0-liter-ecoboost-engine-is-finally-getting-recalled
I dumped my EcoSport when it started indiscriminately stalling and showing a code for the power control module. Dealer was never able to replicate the issue so I traded it in. I prefer my BSBB 1.5
Sponsored