RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2020 Edge ST, 2021 Bronco Sport First Edition
That’s awesome for you two!! I activated the FordPass app at the dealership the night I got my BS Ford but it still shows 0 points. I called FordPass customer service (got the phone number from the app) and they said i must be an active member for 30-60days before I earn my points.

The only thing different I can think of is maybe I activated the FordPass app using my own cellphone internet instead of using the hotspot from inside the BS???
That I'm not sure of. For the one that I had to call them about, I had already owned the car for 60 days. But then the Bronco Sport points showed up within 24 hours. Maybe because I'd already had the app for 2 months? I honestly don't know. I wish I had better info for you.
Sponsored

TinyCadon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Plymouth Volarie
That I'm not sure of. For the one that I had to call them about, I had already owned the car for 60 days. But then the Bronco Sport points showed up within 24 hours. Maybe because I'd already had the app for 2 months? I honestly don't know. I wish I had better info for you.
You may be on to something there, I also had a Ford Pass account before buying the BS, perhaps that's how/why we got our points right away???

olly12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
took delivery this week (absolutely love everything about it).
X-plan was fantastic, recommend it as it simplifies everything. Max doc fee is $100, and it took ~1k off MSRP. Ford rebate could be used with it (500) more off, and don't forget to take off the $100 you already gave dealer if you reserved it (they had forgotten until i reminded them). Also got 0% apr for 48 mo.

hit me up if you have any questions

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
took delivery this week (absolutely love everything about it).
X-plan was fantastic, recommend it as it simplifies everything. Max doc fee is $100, and it took ~1k off MSRP. Ford rebate could be used with it (500) more off, and don't forget to take off the $100 you already gave dealer if you reserved it (they had forgotten until i reminded them). Also got 0% apr for 48 mo.

hit me up if you have any questions

I also used the X Plan and it capped dealer fees at $100 vs. the dealer normal charge of $795.

COBronco

First Edition
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
WRT FordPass rewards... mine hadn’t updated after two weeks and the dealership and help line said to give it up to 30 business days. I paid for my all weather mats out of pocket and went home. That night I inadvertently deleted my vehicle and after I added it back, my rewards instantly updated to show the 42,000 points for purchasing my FE. Go figure, lol.

Remotecellphone

Big Bend
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima Coupe
WRT FordPass rewards... mine hadn’t updated after two weeks and the dealership and help line said to give it up to 30 business days. I paid for my all weather mats out of pocket and went home. That night I inadvertently deleted my vehicle and after I added it back, my rewards instantly updated to show the 42,000 points for purchasing my FE. Go figure, lol.
That’s awesome! Do you recall if you used your phone carriers internet, your home WiFi or your Broncos hotspot when you reader your vehicle back to your FordPass?

sallman

Big Bend
First Name
Sallman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee 2014
Has anyone had any luck negotiating the price of the Bronco Sport who don't have the x plan or any other type of Ford membership? Or, is there any way to get a discount or rebate off the MSRP? It seems like dealers won't budge on the price since the Bronco Sport is so new.
I agree, I've been to 2 dealerships, and the most I was able to get was $1000 off the total price. I always buy new, but this will be the first time that I can't haggle a significant discount. It's not a good feeling.

Remotecellphone

Big Bend
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima Coupe
I agree, I've been to 2 dealerships, and the most I was able to get was $1000 off the total price. I always buy new, but this will be the first time that I can't haggle a significant discount. It's not a good feeling.
Curious, what’s your tactic of haggling for a significant discount? What’s your leverage?

sallman

Big Bend
First Name
Sallman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee 2014
Curious, what’s your tactic of haggling for a significant discount? What’s your leverage?
No leverage at all this time around...
My father sold cars for 20 years and has taught me well. As much as we may be led to believe that there is no profit for the dealerships to be made on certain models, there always is, otherwise, they wouldn't be able to sell it.

Lots of online research ahead of time. I only go speak to actual dealers only when I'm ready to purchase then and there, and never accept the first offer. I'm also always able to obtain a discount as well as free dealer installed options. I think telling them that I'll purchase immediately if they can meet my criteria is the biggest motivator for them to give in.

This strategy is not working this time around. I know that there is so little supply, that anyone else can walk in and pay full price, which doesn't work in my favor.

Any feedback from others would be appreciated. I'm in Canada, will look into X plan, but I have no affiliation whatsoever to anyone who worked for Ford, so probably not an option.

TinyCadon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Plymouth Volarie
There isn't a big difference between the MSRP & Invoice, $1,000 is still a good deal when there's some dealers marking up over MSRP by $10,000.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
No leverage at all this time around...
My father sold cars for 20 years and has taught me well. As much as we may be led to believe that there is no profit for the dealerships to be made on certain models, there always is, otherwise, they wouldn't be able to sell it.

Lots of online research ahead of time. I only go speak to actual dealers only when I'm ready to purchase then and there, and never accept the first offer. I'm also always able to obtain a discount as well as free dealer installed options. I think telling them that I'll purchase immediately if they can meet my criteria is the biggest motivator for them to give in.

This strategy is not working this time around. I know that there is so little supply, that anyone else can walk in and pay full price, which doesn't work in my favor.

Any feedback from others would be appreciated. I'm in Canada, will look into X plan, but I have no affiliation whatsoever to anyone who worked for Ford, so probably not an option.
I usually work a good deal too, but typically the vehicle model I have purchased has a decent supply of inventory available. That makes a huge difference.

I looked at the X-plan requirements for Shareholders, as I have no family employment affiliation with Ford. The X-plan for Shareholders rules are that you must hold a minimum of 100 shares for the past 6 months. Some foresight would have been to buy 100 shares last spring when it was about $4.00/share. Not only would you have more than doubled your money, you would be vested in the X-Plan.
Sponsored