Price negotiating with dealer??

Tall Timbers

Badlands
First Name
Tall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands Bronco Sp, 23 Ford F150 Hybrid (order)
Our local dealership hasn't ordered any of the Bronco Sports. My salesman told me that Ford has priced it in such a way that the dealers won't make money on it, even if it's loaded with options. He says they've discussed a dealer markup over invoice though they know that buyers don't like that. The only one they've sold so far is one that a customer factory ordered.

I've bought a lot of vehicles from this dealership and from this salesman. I figure he's shooting straight with me.
Sponsored

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
Can anyone with lots of dealer experience explain to me why dealers are so crazy to get a car off their lot? This Bronco is the second vehicle I have put money on before it got to the dealer. Once the car hits the dealership, they get crazy. I have to come right now. This instant. They have offered to come get me! As much as I want my BS, it is easier for me to pick it up 48 hours after it arrived. I don't get it.

First Name
Meg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
It costs to keep it in the lot (insurance, etc.). It’s already sold so they don’t have to worry about interest from their bank, but they have other price issues to think about. I like to think it’s because everyone has come by wanting your Bronco Sport. ;)

Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB
So, I am pricing a Big Bend build with only the BB package and Tow package.

This is what the Ford website build screen gives me for a price with $500 rebate - $31,405
Ford Bronco Sport Price negotiating with dealer?? MSRPBB

Here is the X-Plan build website, same configuration build with $500 rebate - $30,757
Ford Bronco Sport Price negotiating with dealer?? XplanBB

The Difference is $648 before taxes and title with X-Plan from MSRP.

This is supposed to be a great deal?

Is this what people have been getting or should I screw the X-Plan and try and negotiate my order?

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape

This is what the Ford website build screen gives me for a price with $500 rebate - $31,405
MSRPBB.jpg

Here is the X-Plan build website, same configuration build with $500 rebate - $30,757
XplanBB.jpg

Is this what people have been getting or should I screw the X-Plan and try and negotiate my order?

Not much of a discount with the X Plan. It did save me money in Dealer fees that were $795 but under the X Plan were $100.

TinyCadon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Plymouth Volarie

MSRPBB.jpg

XplanBB.jpg

There isn't much difference between MSRP & Invoice, so Xplan was the easiest route to go for me, didn't think it was worth the hassle to try negotiating on a vehicle that dealers have no reason to negotiate on.

Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB
I went to a local dealer today with my wife and took out a Big Bend for a ride. I was pretty pleased and I found it to be quite roomy inside. The inside was actually bigger than what you see on the outside and plenty of headroom. We sat down and talked and configured it like I wanted - BB with BB package that includes moonroof, towing package, rubber floor mats, and rubber cargo. They immediately did 4.1% below MSRP ($500 below invoice) without any dickering and before the $500 rebate which will be applied after tax in my state. That was $650 better than the X-Plan and before $500 rebate was applied. No pressure and we walked out to think about it. I may order early next week. They said about 10 week wait time from order which would put it to about the end of April.

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
Good for you. Floated that with the local dealer here. Got back MSRP less rebate + deposit. I'm not surprised seeing demand and lack of Borderlands trim availability.
Sponsored