Price negotiating with dealer??

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
Has anyone had any luck negotiating the price of the Bronco Sport who don't have the x plan or any other type of Ford membership? Or, is there any way to get a discount or rebate off the MSRP? It seems like dealers won't budge on the price since the Bronco Sport is so new.

I live in Florida and some dealers are discounting the Sport a few hundred dollars. Many dealers tack on a "Dealer Fee" that be as much as 900+ dollars plus high fees for registration and document fees. Trying to find a dealer that will negotiate a price is not easy. In the meantime, I continue my search.
Sponsored

BroncoFan1

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Right now, you are probably only going to be able to get a lower price with x-plan. Once dealers have inventory built up, they will be more willing.
That's what I was thinking...I guess I'll have to wait to buy in a few years. ?

BroncoFan1

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I live in Florida and some dealers are discounting the Sport a few hundred dollars. Many dealers tack on a "Dealer Fee" that be as much as 900+ dollars plus high fees for registration and document fees. Trying to find a dealer that will negotiate a price is not easy. In the meantime, I continue my search.
Dealers use dealer add-ons as a way to mark-up the price of the vehicles. I've seen where dealers charge extra for wheel locks, window tint, nitrogen tires, LoJack, etc.

Then they expect the customer to start at the marked-up price when negotiating.
:rolleyes:

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
A local dealer here in PA is very proud of their latest stock of Bronco Sports.

Ford Bronco Sport Price negotiating with dealer?? 27FA6F1D-EE75-46BA-A223-8A3AD0E669B2

dinglehead

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Ranger FX4
These markups are just to make you feel better about paying MSRP

OP
OP
Geojive

Geojive

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Other than x-plan, waiting until dealers have more stock, or waiting until next December when the 2022 models start rolling in, I don’t see any angle for lowering the price.

IF, you pick up your special order Bronco Sport and it has like 100 miles on, that might be an angle for getting some kind of discount. Maybe not though.

BroncoFan1

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Other than x-plan, waiting until dealers have more stock, or waiting until next December when the 2022 models start rolling in, I don’t see any angle for lowering the price.

IF, you pick up your special order Bronco Sport and it has like 100 miles on, that might be an angle for getting some kind of discount. Maybe not though.
So if I buy one sometime soon, should I feel like I got ripped off if I pay MSRP plus taxes and other fees? Or is that a pretty good deal since Bronco Sports are so new?

dinglehead

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Ranger FX4
So if I buy one sometime soon, should I feel like I got ripped off if I pay MSRP plus taxes and other fees? Or is that a pretty good deal since Bronco Sports are so new?
Paying MSRP is pretty much the deal. If you wanna save some money find a dealer that doesnt shake you down over "dealer fees" and such

TinyCadon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Plymouth Volarie
If you look at the Invoice compared to the MSRP there's not a huge difference, $500-700 on the lower trims and $900-1,100 on the OB & Badlands. You're not getting fleeced by paying full price, Ford isn't offering any rebates, just low finance rates, and any incentives to the dealers won't be shared with you anyway. Something to consider as well, Ford is giving 42,000 Ford Pass points for purchasing a new car, they claim it's enough to get 3 free oil changes or you can use points to get accessories. Not a huge deal, but something.

BroncoFan1

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
If you look at the Invoice compared to the MSRP there's not a huge difference, $500-700 on the lower trims and $900-1,100 on the OB & Badlands. You're not getting fleeced by paying full price, Ford isn't offering any rebates, just low finance rates, and any incentives to the dealers won't be shared with you anyway. Something to consider as well, Ford is giving 42,000 Ford Pass points for purchasing a new car, they claim it's enough to get 3 free oil changes or you can use points to get accessories. Not a huge deal, but something.
Thank you! So should I still try to negotiate below MSRP or negotiate dealer add-ons to get to MSRP?

TinyCadon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Plymouth Volarie
Thank you! So should I still try to negotiate below MSRP or negotiate dealer add-ons to get to MSRP?
Are you able to get X-Plan pricing? It doesn't get you to invoice, but dealers are only allowed to charge you $100 for doc fees (Virginia $800 doc fees for example), so that additional savings will get you below. You can join Mustang Club of America for $25 and I believe you need to wait 60 days to get a X-Plan pin? That's the easiest way to get one without having to haggle. But if a dealership is willing to honor the X-Plan pricing I'm also willing to bet if you go in & offer them invoice they'll take the deal as long as it's not on a Fri/Sat/Sun when they'd have more leverage to say no. Go in on a Mon/Tue/Wed and I find it hard to believe they let you leave without the Sport.

BroncoFan1

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Are you able to get X-Plan pricing? It doesn't get you to invoice, but dealers are only allowed to charge you $100 for doc fees (Virginia $800 doc fees for example), so that additional savings will get you below. You can join Mustang Club of America for $25 and I believe you need to wait 60 days to get a X-Plan pin? That's the easiest way to get one without having to haggle. But if a dealership is willing to honor the X-Plan pricing I'm also willing to bet if you go in & offer them invoice they'll take the deal as long as it's not on a Fri/Sat/Sun when they'd have more leverage to say no. Go in on a Mon/Tue/Wed and I find it hard to believe they let you leave without the Sport.
Thanks for the tips! I don't have x-plan. :( I think I will try to negotiate and see what happens.
Sponsored