chipearly

Big Bend
First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend
For those of you that went with Powerstop brake pads, which part number did you go with? They list 4 different ones that are comapatible:
Z36
Z23
Z17
Z16

I realize the Z36 is for towing which I never will do. But curious on others feedback.
Thanks
Sponsored

gatornek

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport; 2016 Mustang 2.3
I would just go with ceramic pads unless you enjoy spending extra money. You're not going to do the sustained braking at high speeds, over and over and over again, like you would on a track, that would necessitate carbon fiber pads.

jkeaton

Big Bend
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend / 2013 Escape Titanium
I would just go with ceramic pads unless you enjoy spending extra money. You're not going to do the sustained braking at high speeds, over and over and over again, like you would on a track, that would necessitate carbon fiber pads.
Same with drilled and slotted rotors. No need on a street vehicle.

enjuhner357

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS OB
I went with the Z23 variant for low dust but have not had the opportunity to install yet. ~$120 delivered from RockAuto for all 4 corners. The vehicle is my commuter and the wildest place I go with it is downtown Washington DC. Traffic is slow and arduous.

https://www.powerstop.com/product/power-stop-z23-evolution-brake-pads/#y=2021&mk=FORD&mo=BRONCO SPORT
UPDATE *** I got around to installing the Z23 pads, broken in and a couple hundred miles on them. They are quieter and smoother than OE.

My BS has the first iteration original rear brake moan recall “fix.” Upon removing the pins, I noticed there was effectively no lube left. I decided to try aftermarket pads because of dust as previously mentioned but also my OE rear brakes had returned to making the infamous moan. So, I cleaned and liberally lubricated components. Now to monitor how long, or if the moan returns.
Sponsored