Post your crossbar/basket/rack combo photos!

MattH88

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
It would be cool to see what everyone is coming up with for the roofs of their Broncos!

Personally, I am considering the Ford on-road crossbars with either the Yakima medium Load Warrior basket or the Yakima OffGrid basket. Anyone know if the OffGrid would work?

Looking forward to seeing these combos!
Sponsored

dinglehead

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Ranger FX4
I think I may try the LockNLoad from Yakima

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
As you are posting videos / talking about your plans, please tell us the version you have and whether or not your have a moonroof.

bsw

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Big Bend
OEM on road crossbar is not recommendable because it lacks adjustment. This crossbar is limited to a 27in width and does not work well with snowboard racks. Save your money and purchase an after market crossbar from Yakima or Thule.

Ford Bronco Sport Post your crossbar/basket/rack combo photos! E729B877-8935-49CE-86BD-A540C8426340

Ford Bronco Sport Post your crossbar/basket/rack combo photos! 25A858D3-CD4A-40A4-A8F0-18D76143BF59

OP
OP
MattH88

MattH88

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
My Thule crossbars came today. Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: bsw

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I'd post a picture of my cross bars if I had a set. :frown: Ford still hasn't delivered.....
I posted mine in the classifieds if anyone is interested, they will be new in box - as soon as I get them.

@bsw are the OEM "off road" cross bars adjustable?

bsw

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Big Bend
I'd post a picture of my cross bars if I had a set. :frown: Ford still hasn't delivered.....
I posted mine in the classifieds if anyone is interested, they will be new in box - as soon as I get them.

@bsw are the OEM "off road" cross bars adjustable?
No, they are fixed at 27 inches wide. There are slots under the roof bar that are required to mount the crossbars

Bigbend410

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
My dealer gave me $500 for any accessory plus I had 42,000 Ford Pass points. So I got the Yakima Jet Stream cross bar kit which includes the bars, mounts, locks ($559) and the rubber floor mats ($170). The cross bars are very nice. They are 7” wider on both sides than the roof bars which allows for adding other items plus my Yakima roof box. Assembly and installation was kind of labor intensive and slow. Which can hold true for many mechanical items the first time you do It. A 6’ folding table or other similar area is nice to have for an assembly work place. Be sure to carefully follow the instruction and inspect each item so you clearly understand how they work. Don’t force or hammer anything. You may have to loosen the screw adjustments in the mounts slightly to get them onto the cross bars. Instructions recommend a helper when placing them onto the car but I did it alone using a step stool and tape measure to get them properly adjusted square before the final tightening down.

kman779

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
The Yakima Off Grid medium will fit great. I almost bought that basket, but found a gently used Thule Canyon for half the price and went with that instead.