Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Yes I agree, the wave is for mall crawler jeepsters, with 24" rims on a rubicon.
Should all the "Jeep posers" here installing roof racks, lift kits, Baja lights, big tires, etc., etc., etc. just knock it off too?

Stop worrying about what other people think and do what makes you happy folks. If I wave at someone I pass and they think I'm a dork how does that affect me? The likelihood I will ever see that person again in my lifetime is infinitesimal, and if I do I'll probably wave at them again because, a) it's a certainly I won't remember having seen them before, and b) there is no way for me to know they think I'm a dork for having waved at them before.

For all of you I've waved at in the past who don't approve: Sorry! It's nothing personal. Just realize I wave because I'm happy and waving helps keep me happy.
Sponsored

Pmk1710

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Itā€™s a jeep thing. Donā€™t be a poser
I had a Jeep, and I got into the habit of waving to other Jeeps when driving mine. Itā€™s a community thing. When I had myJeep, it wasnā€™t about having a trendy car. The other Jeep drivers on the road were drivers who got a Jeep to have fun with/in it. So the simple wave was a ā€œhey, nice Jeep!ā€ Type of special gesture. However, I have walked out to my BS and found an ā€œitā€™s a Jeep thingā€ sticker put on my car whilst I was in a store one day. Thats crossing the line a bitā€¦

I do miss that type of behind the shadows community though. And from what I see on here, BS owners have a different sense of passion for owning a BS, and in turn have created that community base, much like Jeeps. So I say wave if you want to. Itā€™s not being a poser, itā€™s showing appreciation and recognition for a community of proud BS owners and drivers.

Funkygus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Yes I agree, the wave is for mall crawler jeepsters, with 24" rims on a rubicon.
Mall crawlers tend to be the ones who do not wave.

Also, the Jeep wave dates back to WW II. Soldiers and Veterans started the wave, or so the history of Jeep says.

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
I was more joking when I said it. Didnā€™t think folks would take offense. Iā€™ve had/built a few Jeeps and have a bike so been waving as a norm for years. Also used to get waves from other golf R/gti owners when I had mine all kitted out. So it happens across brands. Just norm with Jeeps and bikes.

Tall Timbers

Badlands
First Name
Tall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands Bronco Sp, 23 Ford F150 Hybrid (order)
My Bronco hasn't been delivered yet, so I've not earned the privilege to wave to other Bronco Sport drivers. Motorcyclists have always waved to each other, except for the antisocial ones.

Jeep owners don't own the wave, with vehicles it probably started with VW Bug owners, 99% of whom waved to each other. That probably doesn't include modern VW Bug owners.

baja_bob

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
If you want to wave, then wave, I'm just making fun of that a wave now belongs to a certain group or vehicle. Nothing against Jeeps either, been through many adventures in friend's Jeeps and had a blast tearing stuff up. Just don't be offended if I don't wave back because I try not to even make eye contact with most drivers.

Megakatx

Big Bend
First Name
Gerardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
After relocating to North Carolina, I have noticed a significantly higher number of Bronco drivers on the road. In my small Arizona town, there were only about 4 of us (3 Sports and 1 big Bronco), and we would consistently wave whenever we drove past each other. I'm always excited when I see one, as I like to admire the different colors, trims, and modifications in-person. However, I've gotten mixed signals when I wave at other Bronco drivers here in NC: Anything from a warm wave back to an absolute death glare like I've just insulted their entire family lineage.
I need to know - Do you wave at other Bronco drivers, or do I just look like an absolute loon?
I always wave but never got responses, I'm in Durham NC

Warpious

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.floracreekplace.com
Vehicle(s)
'08 Merc Mariner, 2012 Mustang (R.I.P), 2022 BS BL
I wave in TX, have gotten several wave backs from Big Broncos, usually not as often from the sports...depends, the ones with mods tend to wave, the ones with out just mom dropping the kids off at soccer practice, not so much usually.

CallMeBill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Carbonized Grey Badlands
I wave to no man šŸ¤£.. especially her3 in albuquerque. People just angry here šŸ˜”šŸ¤¬
Agree. When I lived in ABQ if you looked at another driver wrong you could get shot. Some only catch the end of a wave and think you are flipping them off.

Jcera304

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Thereā€™s a girl driving a black BS in my city. She waved at me the other day. I acted like I didnā€™t notice the wave lol

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I gave up on the wave, weird looks. However if I see you, you won't miss what I give you

OP
OP
Elegance

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I gave up on the wave, weird looks. However if I see you, you won't miss what I give you
The noise that just came out of my mouth was completely unintelligible. That is incredible.
Sponsored