Picked up BS BL today. Dealer claimed $1,000 order incentive did NOT apply to Bronco Sport!

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
They know people LUST for these new vehicles so much they can get away with anything.

P-NUT

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mkz, 2011 F150 FX4, 1975 MGB
Curious - where did you find the listing showing the $1000 Order Incentive? It is no longer in effect and I've been unable to locate info on previous incentives. I ordered 15 Feb 2022, the offer was definately on the Ford Web Page att.
Ford Bronco Sport Picked up BS BL today.  Dealer claimed $1,000 order incentive did NOT apply to Bronco Sport! Resized_20220215_212034

BS_Fishin'

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger, F350
Do the $1,000 incentive and Price Protection still apply with D-Plan?

FauxPaw

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
My dealership absolutely refused to honor the $1000 order incentive when I picked up the car. I provided a screenshot that I had taken of the offer from the time I ordered the car as well as the communication from the salesman that promised me the order incentive would be applied. I escalated to the internet sales director and the sales manager, who expressed that he would be happy to have me walk so they could sell the car to someone else the next day.

They also installed $2200 worth of "optional" dealer add-ons that I had confirmed would not be installed when I ordered the car and when they took delivery from the factory. Of course they refused to uninstall those or give any sort of good faith credit or discount.

This was at Sunrise Ford of North Hollywood. I am happy to drag their name through the dirt and steer as many people away from them as possible.

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
This was at Sunrise Ford of North Hollywood. I am happy to drag their name through the dirt and steer as many people away from them as possible.
Please do. The reviews of my dealer explaining how they had no-b.s. price protection for retail orders helped me make an informed decision.

Bluebaru

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BS Badlands, 2019 VW GTI Rabbit ed. 03 JCW MCS
My dealership absolutely refused to honor the $1000 order incentive when I picked up the car. I provided a screenshot that I had taken of the offer from the time I ordered the car as well as the communication from the salesman that promised me the order incentive would be applied. I escalated to the internet sales director and the sales manager, who expressed that he would be happy to have me walk so they could sell the car to someone else the next day.

They also installed $2200 worth of "optional" dealer add-ons that I had confirmed would not be installed when I ordered the car and when they took delivery from the factory. Of course they refused to uninstall those or give any sort of good faith credit or discount.

You should create a separate post with "do not buy at Sunrise Ford" as the title and list the reasons. Needless to say a complaint should be lodged with Ford corp.

Jubaea1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Does anyone know when that $1k incentive started? Our dealer never mentioned it when he ordered last October 2021.

LoveIsLife

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS Big Bend
Does anyone know when that $1k incentive started? Our dealer never mentioned it when he ordered last October 2021.
You can have your dealer run a "Smart Vincent" report which will show incentives available at your time of order. It should show there. You can also ask them for a "certificate number", this is something that's in Fords system that would show if the rebate was available at your time of order.

When I picked up my BS last week the dealer tried charging me with the price increase (I'd ordered about a week before the price increase took effect) and when I asked about the $1,000 incentive (which they didn't even offer me), they said it was for "accessories" only. I told them they were incorrect and to pull the Smart Vincent and they came back with the original pricing and the $1,000 incentive. I think they just do this to pocket more of your money honestly, just think of the people who just go in and sign away without knowing or asking about these things.

Jubaea1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
You can have your dealer run a "Smart Vincent" report which will show incentives available at your time of order. It should show there. You can also ask them for a "certificate number", this is something that's in Fords system that would show if the rebate was available at your time of order.

When I picked up my BS last week the dealer tried charging me with the price increase (I'd ordered about a week before the price increase took effect) and when I asked about the $1,000 incentive (which they didn't even offer me), they said it was for "accessories" only. I told them they were incorrect and to pull the Smart Vincent and they came back with the original pricing and the $1,000 incentive. I think they just do this to pocket more of your money honestly, just think of the people who just go in and sign away without knowing or asking about these things.
I think we will call our vendor and ask them about smart Vincent. Gosh, it is amazing how each dealer operates! Thank you for the info and advice!

OP
OP
sajohnson

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22

That is outrageous! Ford should yank their franchise for behavior like that. It reflects terribly on their brand.

Sunrise Ford of North Hollywood should be the target of a huge smack-down by your attorney general's office.

As Bluebaru said, you should start a thread about the sleazy, unethical business practices of Sunrise Ford of North Hollywood -- to warn others. Make them pay (through lost sales) for how they treated you.

In addition, you might post a review on sites like:

* Your local BBB
* Dealer Rater
* Google
* Yelp

Can anyone think of others to add to the list?

FauxPaw

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
That is outrageous! Ford should yank their franchise for behavior like that. It reflects terribly on their brand.

Sunrise Ford of North Hollywood should be the target of a huge smack-down by your attorney general's office.

As Bluebaru said, you should start a thread about the sleazy, unethical business practices of Sunrise Ford of North Hollywood -- to warn others. Make them pay (through lost sales) for how they treated you.

In addition, you might post a review on sites like:

* Your local BBB
* Dealer Rater
* Google
* Yelp

Can anyone think of others to add to the list?
I wrote a very thorough description of what happened in the Ford customer experience survey and on Dealer Rater. I'm going to post to Google and Yelp soon after I get my cross-bars from the dealership (they never installed them and the parts department was closed when I picked up the car.) I've also created a thread with more details and so other people can share similar experiences they might have had.

OP
OP
sajohnson

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please do. The reviews of my dealer explaining how they had no-b.s. price protection for retail orders helped me make an informed decision.
Unfortunately, although I read dozens, if not hundreds of reviews on various sites, we were still treated poorly. That doesn't mean reviews aren't useful. The other 2 local Ford dealers would likely have been even worse (from what I read).

Our dealer was not as terrible as Sunrise Ford of North Hollywood, but they attempted most of the same scams. Luckily, thanks to this forum, we were informed when we went to pick up our Badlands.

We had been told (verbally only) that we must pay any MSRP increases. I quickly learned that was bs and diplomatically let the salesperson know ("Hey, look at this Ford memo I found online..."). As it happened, there were no increases between our order and production dates (the sticker reflected our agreed-upon price). Had there been MSRP increases I have no doubt that the dealership employees would have tried to convince us that Ford's Price Protection either did not exist or did not apply.

At delivery, they also insisted that the BS was not eligible for the $1,000 credit! We knew that was false, but they made me find a Ford page that listed the BS before they grudgingly gave it to us.

Honestly, what is wrong with the car & truck sales industry? Most of us can understand wanting to make a buck. I even fully support dealers' rights to sell any *in-stock* vehicle for what the market will bear -- after all, we all do the same thing when we sell something. But there is simply no excuse for lying to customers about mfr policies, and pulling crap like slapping on overpriced dealer add-ons when they are not explicitly requested, in writing.

Dealers can be ethical and honest and still make plenty of money. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they make MORE money that way, because customers will be more likely to return for service, and recommend the dealership to their friends.

Factory direct sales cannot come fast enough.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sajohnson

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wrote a very thorough description of what happened in the Ford customer experience survey and on Dealer Rater. I'm going to post to Google and Yelp soon after I get my cross-bars from the dealership (they never installed them and the parts department was closed when I picked up the car.) I've also created a thread with more details and so other people can share similar experiences they might have had.
Excellent!! :cool:

BTW -- we ordered the cross bars also. They were tossed in the back of our BS BL still in the box. We were told installation was not included.

As a technician, I figured it would only take my wife and I 10-15 minutes.

Wrong.

Rebuilding an engine is much less frustrating. It should have been very simple. If the bolts that secure the mounting hooks to the roof rails were long enough to remain threaded into their holes during installation, it would have been quick and easy. Unfortunately the bolts must be removed to position the hooks in the slots on the bottom of the rails. Getting the bolts reinserted is a real trick. Again, it should be easy but the piece that the bolts thread into is spring loaded, the hole is obscured, and, well, you'll see.

I hope they will install the cross-bars for you. Baring that, I hope I made some stupid mistake and it actually is as easy as it should be, but I did read the instructions and they clearly show that the bolts must be completely removed.

PS: The BBB is also a good place to post reviews.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
It was definitely in place last October. I ordered mine October 31 to make sure I stayed in the proper time frame. It extended on but the dealers don’t have any means of knowing that for sure. Granger motors told me there was no reason to believe they would stop it at the time but I wasn’t taking any chances.

They can run a Vincent report. It will show that it is applicable.
Sponsored