Picked up BS BL today. Dealer claimed $1,000 order incentive did NOT apply to Bronco Sport!

OP
OP
sajohnson

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
Nope it's an incentive to purchase certain lines of vehicles to either move stock or get some out on the road to be seen...what the OP had was a shit dealer ready to pocket a thousand easy
In addition, I've read that it is an incentive for potential buyer to special order certain vehicles.

Apparently, Ford is concerned that all else equal (which it may not be...) if a buyer is deciding between 2 or more vehicles, they will lean toward the one(s) they can buy from dealer stock (off the lot). So the $1,000 credit is Ford's way of saying, "We know you do not want to wait months to get a Bronco Sport, so here's $1K to make the wait a little more tolerable."

Something like that.

I'm sure that -- as you say -- the dealer was trying to keep our $1,000 credit, but what I'd like to know is, how does that work (without them getting caught by Ford or someone else)?

Ksnau

Heritage
First Name
SEAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco sport
Both the salesman and the finance guy *insisted* that we were not eligible for the $1,000 credit.

The salesman had a Ford page open on his PC that listed eligible and ineligible vehicles. The print was so small that I couldn't read it. He saw that the "Bronco SUV" was ineligible and said that referred to the BS(?!). I said that "Bronco SUV" sounded like the "big Bronco". Nope, he swore it was the BS.

I kept saying that I knew I had seen the BS listed as one of the vehicles, in several different places. They claimed I was mistaken.

Finally I got online and found a Ford website clearly listing the BS. Oddly, after they had been so adamant that the $1,000 credit did not apply, neither of them looked at what I had found!

It was as if they knew all along that the $1,000 credit did apply but just wanted me to find proof. Pretty strange.

That begs the question, is there some reason they would not want us to get the credit/incentive? If we had believed them and not pursued it, could the dealership have kept the $1,000?

Edit to add: The salesman really pushed FordPass. From what we were told, I thought it was just a helpful little app so we installed it at the dealer. Back home I saw an email from FordPass. I clicked on the "Privacy" link and found that FordPass enables Ford to collect all sorts of potentially damaging/incriminating data -- speed; G-forces; location; direction, etc. I just started a thread about it -- it's over in the technical section:

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/fordpass-is-watching-you-reporting-your-speed-g-forces-etc.5487/#post-93945
Oh yeah they told me I couldn't buy my broncosport without getting the Ford pass which I knew was a load of horseshit but I was tired just wanted to get out of there and he said that I would get like 200 something free points and I was just going to use those to buy some free floor mats and then cancel it and yeah oh they definitely every app you have collects all kinds of data on you your phone is the biggest portal into your life and almost anyone can get into it so yeah we just have to learn to deal with that or buy a flip phone. that's b******* I just picked up my broncosport Badlands and I didn't do the contract first we had to do the contract and the price everything yesterday July 15th of 2022 and I actually forgot about the $1,000 rebate and so he remembered he added it in so you should be getting it too you need to go back and complain to management do it nicely don't yell don't cuss or they can kick you out and say that you get that and you get that rebate because I'm in Arizona Phoenix and you say that you spoke with someone who just got their broncosport yesterday July 15th and they got the rebate and it was the dealer who insisted that I got it I the buyer actually forgot. that's b******* and you should get that $1,000 rebate and I can't understand why you wouldn't except they're trying to screw you over. If that doesn't work I would contact a Ford rep but that's $1,000 that's a shitload of money to most people and I would not let that go.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
In addition, I've read that it is an incentive for potential buyer to special order certain vehicles.

Apparently, Ford is concerned that all else equal (which it may not be...) if a buyer is deciding between 2 or more vehicles, they will lean toward the one(s) they can buy from dealer stock (off the lot). So the $1,000 credit is Ford's way of saying, "We know you do not want to wait months to get a Bronco Sport, so here's $1K to make the wait a little more tolerable."

Something like that.

I'm sure that -- as you say -- the dealer was trying to keep our $1,000 credit, but what I'd like to know is, how does that work (without them getting caught by Ford or someone else)?
The 1K rebate was to get you to special order a vehicle since Ford had none on the lot to sell you. Better than having you buy a Toyota.

OP
OP
sajohnson

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The 1K rebate was to get you to special order a vehicle since Ford had none on the lot to sell you. Better than having you buy a Toyota.
Exactly. That's what I was trying to say.

OP
OP
sajohnson

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh yeah they told me I couldn't buy my broncosport without getting the Ford pass which I knew was a load of horseshit but I was tired just wanted to get out of there and he said that I would get like 200 something free points and I was just going to use those to buy some free floor mats and then cancel it and yeah oh they definitely every app you have collects all kinds of data on you your phone is the biggest portal into your life and almost anyone can get into it so yeah we just have to learn to deal with that or buy a flip phone. that's b******* I just picked up my broncosport Badlands and I didn't do the contract first we had to do the contract and the price everything yesterday July 15th of 2022 and I actually forgot about the $1,000 rebate and so he remembered he added it in so you should be getting it too you need to go back and complain to management do it nicely don't yell don't cuss or they can kick you out and say that you get that and you get that rebate because I'm in Arizona Phoenix and you say that you spoke with someone who just got their broncosport yesterday July 15th and they got the rebate and it was the dealer who insisted that I got it I the buyer actually forgot. that's b******* and you should get that $1,000 rebate and I can't understand why you wouldn't except they're trying to screw you over. If that doesn't work I would contact a Ford rep but that's $1,000 that's a shitload of money to most people and I would not let that go.
You were told you could not buy a Bronco Sport without downloading the FordPass app?!! I've heard some wild stories but that's a first.

I'm aware that anyone with a smartphone can be tracked. There are a couple differences:

1) (Almost) everyone knows that their cellphone can be used as a tracking device. With FordPass the data collection is not exactly advertised, and it's highly likely that many/most users are unaware of it.

2) A smart phone does not typically record: speed; G-forces from braking/acceleration/cornering; road surface, etc.

As I said, I realize that many people are used to their personal data being collected and are OK with it. That's fine. Everyone makes their own decisions, but those decisions should be informed. My primary concern is that Ford seems to be pushing FordPass on its customers (as your dealer did to you) and the data collection info is buried on a page where most people will never see it. A second issue is that data collection should be "opt-in".

The salesperson deserves some points for reminding you about the $1,000 credit. That's commendable.

I may not have been clear -- my wife and I did end up getting the $1,000 order credit, we just had to play their game first. The one where they repeatedly claim the BS does not qualify, and even go so far as to pull up a Ford page that lists the models that qualify, but the BS is (allegedly) not listed. I say "allegedly" because the font was so small I could barely read it, and the monitor was positioned so that there were 2 desks between our chairs and it. A real sleazy operation. They even claimed that the "Bronco SUV" = the Bronco Sport -- when of course it's the 'big' Bronco.

Only after I found a Ford page that listed the BS as eligible for the $1,000 credit did they throw in the towel.

It makes you wonder how many people get burned that way.

Ysanlayla

Badlands
First Name
Ysan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport/VW
Both the salesman and the finance guy *insisted* that we were not eligible for the $1,000 credit.

The salesman had a Ford page open on his PC that listed eligible and ineligible vehicles. The print was so small that I couldn't read it. He saw that the "Bronco SUV" was ineligible and said that referred to the BS(?!). I said that "Bronco SUV" sounded like the "big Bronco". Nope, he swore it was the BS.

I kept saying that I knew I had seen the BS listed as one of the vehicles, in several different places. They claimed I was mistaken.

Finally I got online and found a Ford website clearly listing the BS. Oddly, after they had been so adamant that the $1,000 credit did not apply, neither of them looked at what I had found!

It was as if they knew all along that the $1,000 credit did apply but just wanted me to find proof. Pretty strange.

That begs the question, is there some reason they would not want us to get the credit/incentive? If we had believed them and not pursued it, could the dealership have kept the $1,000?

Edit to add: The salesman really pushed FordPass. From what we were told, I thought it was just a helpful little app so we installed it at the dealer. Back home I saw an email from FordPass. I clicked on the "Privacy" link and found that FordPass enables Ford to collect all sorts of potentially damaging/incriminating data -- speed; G-forces; location; direction, etc. I just started a thread about it -- it's over in the technical section:

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/fordpass-is-watching-you-reporting-your-speed-g-forces-etc.5487/#post-93945
$1000 Order Incentive - after reading your post about dealer trying to avoid giving you the credit $, I called Ford customer svc and they gave me the Certificate # for it. She said it was actually “attached” to my order & dealer should not have any trouble confirming

OP
OP
sajohnson

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$1000 Order Incentive - after reading your post about dealer trying to avoid giving you the credit $, I called Ford customer svc and they gave me the Certificate # for it. She said it was actually “attached” to my order & dealer should not have any trouble confirming
Glad I could be of service! :cool:

I don't think I was aware of the "Certificate #". That's good info for all potential buyers to have, assuming the $1,000 credit is still being offered.

Based on what the Ford CSR told you, I have no doubt the two employees who tried to rip us off had that certificate # right in front of them.

I imagine that had we believed them, there is some way they could have gotten ahold of that $1,000 credit. They probably attempt that scam with all buyers.

Jubaea1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
We picked up our BL this week (ordered Oct.2021). We did receive the 1k rebate after handing a copy of the offer from Ford that someone posted on here. Dealer gave us no problem. No financing and no attempt by dealer to add on any surprises, and they honored the original sticker price. Btw, They gave us $2500 for our 2007 Prius with 244,000 miles. Thought that was fair. Now we are reading the manual, small chunks at a time..,*sigh*

Bronco2.7

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350 civic CRV

Sorry to hear that. Not to brag my dealer ponied up the $1000 plus the difference for the price increase. Almost $4000. Thanks Mike White Ford for doing straight up business. 👍

OP
OP
sajohnson

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry to hear that. Not to brag my dealer ponied up the $1000 plus the difference for the price increase. Almost $4000. Thanks Mike White Ford for doing straight up business. 👍
Oh sure -- brag about your wonderful experience! :cool:

That's excellent! Be sure to give Mike White Ford a nice positive write-up on BBB; Dealer Rater; Google; Yelp, etc.

When you say $4,000 -- are you saying the MSRP on your BS increased by $4,000 between your order date and the production date?! If so, that's the largest increase I've heard about by far.

Maybe you meant $1,000 credit + $3,000 MSRP increase? If so, that's still a LOT of money.

In our case we were told -- several times -- that we would have to pay any MSRP increases. We were also told that the price increases are "usually small." Being forced to pay MSRP increases didn't sound right, but to be honest I was not familiar with the issue of MSRP increases because the only other vehicle I had ordered (as opposed to buying 'off the lot') was my Subaru WRX, coincidentally from the same dealer (they are Ford/Subaru).

The WRX deal went smoothly. They kept their word. There were no dealer add-ons. Definitely no mention of MSRP increases. So I figured the BS deal would be the same.

Wrong.

When we got home I did some research and read here on the BS Forum about Ford's Price Protection. When I mentioned it to the salesman, he had no reply. Not, "Oh, I wasn't aware of that, I'm really sorry for the confusion..." -- nothing.

As it happened, we didn't have to use Price Protection, because while there was a $2,150 increase for the Badlands, it was effective AFTER our production date (but before delivery). It just so happened that there were no increases between ordering and production. I still wonder what they would have tried to pull if that $2,150 increase had happened before our BL was made. There's a good chance they would have tried to keep it.

BUYER BEWARE!

Last edited:
OP
OP
sajohnson

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We picked up our BL this week (ordered Oct.2021). We did receive the 1k rebate after handing a copy of the offer from Ford that someone posted on here. Dealer gave us no problem. No financing and no attempt by dealer to add on any surprises, and they honored the original sticker price. Btw, They gave us $2500 for our 2007 Prius with 244,000 miles. Thought that was fair. Now we are reading the manual, small chunks at a time..,*sigh*
That's a long time to wait -- 9 months. Did they say why it took so long?

Without checking Kelly BB, etc., $2,500 does seem pretty good. Almost a quarter million miles is definitely not unheard of (we have an NX2000 with over 250,000), but most vehicles do not have many more trouble-free miles in them.

The manual is a lot to digest, isn't it? :cool:

Bronco2.7

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350 civic CRV
Oh sure -- brag about your wonderful experience! :cool:

That's excellent! Be sure to give Mike White Ford a nice positive write-up on BBB; Dealer Rater; Google; Yelp, etc.

When you say $4,000 -- are you saying the MSRP on your BS increased by $4,000 between your order date and the production date?! If so, that's the largest increase I've heard about by far.

Maybe you meant $1,000 credit + $3,000 MSRP increase? If so, that's still a LOT of money.

In our case we were told -- several times -- that we would have to pay any MSRP increases. We were also told that the price increases are "usually small." Being forced to pay MSRP increases didn't sound right, but to be honest I was not familiar with the issue of MSRP increases because the only other vehicle I had ordered (as opposed to buying 'off the lot') was my Subaru WRX, coincidentally from the same dealer (they are Ford/Subaru).

The WRX deal went smoothly. They kept their word. There were no dealer add-ons. Definitely no mention of MSRP increases. So I figured the BS deal would be the same.

Wrong.

When we got home I did some research and read here on the BS Forum about Ford's Price Protection. When I mentioned it to the salesman, he had no reply. Not, "Oh, I wasn't aware of that, I'm really sorry for the confusion..." -- nothing.

As it happened, we didn't have to use Price Protection, because while there was a $2,150 increase for the Badlands, it was effective AFTER our production date (but before delivery). It just so happened that there were no increases between ordering and production. I still wonder what they would have tried to pull if that $2,150 increase had happened before our BL was made. There's a good chance they would have tried to keep it.

BUYER BEWARE!
The price went up $2600 after I placed my order. When I finally got to see the window sticker it included the price increase. When I got to the dealership they already subtracted the $2600 and $1000 incentive from the window sticker.

Jubaea1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
That's a long time to wait -- 9 months. Did they say why it took so long?

Without checking Kelly BB, etc., $2,500 does seem pretty good. Almost a quarter million miles is definitely not unheard of (we have an NX2000 with over 250,000), but most vehicles do not have many more trouble-free miles in them.

The manual is a lot to digest, isn't it? :cool:
Yea, 9 months was ridiculous..small town dealer probably last on the schedule priority. The manual has errors in it which drive me crazy. With all of the stipulations in it…do this but only when this happens, but if you do that, the car does this! 😄. Almost need to do ‘if then’ graphs! But, aggravation aside, I have only driven it once so far and love it! Coming from the Prius, it is a big adjustment especially looking over the hood bumps.

OP
OP
sajohnson

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea, 9 months was ridiculous..small town dealer probably last on the schedule priority. The manual has errors in it which drive me crazy. With all of the stipulations in it…do this but only when this happens, but if you do that, the car does this! 😄. Almost need to do ‘if then’ graphs! But, aggravation aside, I have only driven it once so far and love it! Coming from the Prius, it is a big adjustment especially looking over the hood bumps.
I've always had smaller cars -- for the last 21 years I've had a WRX.

The BS BL seems large to me. It's really my wife's vehicle. I only drove it home from the dealer.

Nothing against the BS at all -- it's a great SUV -- but If I were getting a car for myself it would be something else. I don't like not being able to see around the vehicle as easily. I guess in part it's what you're used to. My wife loves the Badlands.
Sponsored