Mwittke5857

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Not sure if anyone else has installed a Pedal Commander on their BS but I "feel" the difference in the seat of my pants! It doesnt increase power, rather eliminates the throttle (and subsequent turbo) lag tremendously. For less than $300, I think the best bang for the buck as far as performance goes. Less than 5 minutes to install. Simply unplug the harness to the gas pedal, one end of the unit plugs into the gas pedal, the other end to the harness...Done!

https://www.amazon.com/PEDAL-COMMANDER-Ford-Bronco-Sport/dp/B08W9X4WKJ/ref=sr_1_1?crid=216HSK4Z4SGY7&keywords=PEDAL+COMMANDER+for+Ford+Bronco+Sport+(2021+and+Newer)+(U725)+Base+Model,+Badlands,+Big+Bend,+Outer+Banks,+First+Edition+(1.5L+2.0L)+Ecoboost+Throttle+Response+Controller+-+PC18&qid=1706317674&s=automotive&sprefix=pedal+commander+for+ford+bronco+sport+2021+and+newer+u725+base+model,+badlands,+big+bend,+outer+banks,+first+edition+1.5l+2.0l+ecoboost+throttle+response+controller+-+pc18,automotive,115&sr=1-1&ufe=app_do:amzn1.fos.c3015c4a-46bb-44b9-81a4-dc28e6d374b3
Sponsored

CrazyKZ

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
So, how does the PC perform WITH Sport mode? Is it now better than Sport mode or equal to it?

OP
OP
Mwittke5857

Mwittke5857

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
So, how does the PC perform WITH Sport mode? Is it now better than Sport mode or equal to it?
It's Sport mode on steroids! The transmission/GOAT modes sill retain their functions (shift points/traction control), just the throttle response is amazing

Nam3

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I use Sport mode with the pedal commander in the default setting of City +1. If I put the BS into normal mode I will put the pedal commander into Sport mode +1. In Normal mode however you'll find the BS changing gears way too often. If you turn the pedal commander off and hit the gas there's a little coushin before the throttle responds, even in sport mode. The pedal commander makes the throttle respond almost instantly, depending on how sensitive you set it. At first you will find it to be very jumpy until you get used to it. However once you're used to it if you drive with a heavy foot you will absolutely love the way it makes the throttle feel. If you turn the pedal commander off after using it for a couple of weeks it will feel like you have to press the gas down way to far to get it to respond and maintaining speed feels like a chore. It really is just a personal preference thing it does not actually make the car any faster.

elav

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BB
On the Raptor forums a lot of people with the peddle commander have had CEL issues. If you start to see a CEL, first unplug the peddle commander to debug.

OP
OP
Mwittke5857

Mwittke5857

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
I use Sport mode with the pedal commander in the default setting of City +1. If I put the BS into normal mode I will put the pedal commander into Sport mode +1. In Normal mode however you'll find the BS changing gears way too often. If you turn the pedal commander off and hit the gas there's a little coushin before the throttle responds, even in sport mode. The pedal commander makes the throttle respond almost instantly, depending on how sensitive you set it. At first you will find it to be very jumpy until you get used to it. However once you're used to it if you drive with a heavy foot you will absolutely love the way it makes the throttle feel. If you turn the pedal commander off after using it for a couple of weeks it will feel like you have to press the gas down way to far to get it to respond and maintaining speed feels like a chore. It really is just a personal preference thing it does not actually make the car any faster.
I leave it in Sport Mode 4 and let the good times roll!

Mighty3

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I think GOAT Sport mode holds the lower gears longer which is different than the Pedal Commander. I had a 2015 Taurus that could have used the PC, in sport mode it held gears longer-it just seemed to suck up gas in that mode, 3.5 liter NA, not quicker at all. The BS in sport mode seems better thought out than the Taurus' sport mode. The BS in sport mode is quicker from a dead stop than norm with holding the shifts back. Enjoy it!

BayBrownBronco

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
Not sure if anyone else has installed a Pedal Commander on their BS but I "feel" the difference in the seat of my pants! It doesnt increase power, rather eliminates the throttle (and subsequent turbo) lag tremendously. For less than $300, I think the best bang for the buck as far as performance goes. Less than 5 minutes to install. Simply unplug the harness to the gas pedal, one end of the unit plugs into the gas pedal, the other end to the harness...Done!

https://www.amazon.com/PEDAL-COMMANDER-Ford-Bronco-Sport/dp/B08W9X4WKJ/ref=sr_1_1?crid=216HSK4Z4SGY7&keywords=PEDAL+COMMANDER+for+Ford+Bronco+Sport+(2021+and+Newer)+(U725)+Base+Model,+Badlands,+Big+Bend,+Outer+Banks,+First+Edition+(1.5L+2.0L)+Ecoboost+Throttle+Response+Controller+-+PC18&qid=1706317674&s=automotive&sprefix=pedal+commander+for+ford+bronco+sport+2021+and+newer+u725+base+model,+badlands,+big+bend,+outer+banks,+first+edition+1.5l+2.0l+ecoboost+throttle+response+controller+-+pc18,automotive,115&sr=1-1&ufe=app_do:amzn1.fos.c3015c4a-46bb-44b9-81a4-dc28e6d374b3
Thanks Michael for posting! I got one today via Amazon, and of course immediately set it to Sport mode +1 (plus I always drive my BL BS in GOAT Sport mode anyway). Wow what a difference! It is pretty touchy off-idle (oh well)... but OMG - what a difference overall! VERY nice.

I've got to be candid here. I love my little Ford. It runs like a gazelle, over chunky, broken Michigan roads; has good pep and power; and reasonable MPG to boot. But there's always been a little disappointment, in that EcoBoost 2.0L throttle lag. I resigned myself when I bought the car almost three years ago, I'd just always drive in GOAT Sport mode and that has been a help (plus it resolves my burning hatred for Auto Start/Stop). I intend to keep doing that.

But today, a new chapter of excitement with my Badlands Sport began. I've been privileged to own and relish several fun muscle cars in my past, like an LS1 Trans Am, a 2018 Fusion Sport, and an LS2 Pontiac GTO. I miss those cars! But they were utterly impractical. I do need the AWD and vertical volume my Ford provides. Now with this device - I can have that, and *much* of the fun my old muscle machines gave. Wow, just wow! On how well this Pedal Commander works.

Now for the bad news :)

I'm thinking I will have to be a lot more careful, as with my old Pontiacs - about alert defensive driving. With the 'sleepy' throttle response my Ford had before today, that wasn't as much of an issue. I'm going to wear out more tires and brakes. (Whatever!). And I will have to watch transmission fluid temps more in my ScanGauge. It's all good though :D

OP
OP
Mwittke5857

Mwittke5857

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Thanks Michael for posting! I got one today via Amazon, and of course immediately set it to Sport mode +1 (plus I always drive my BL BS in GOAT Sport mode anyway). Wow what a difference! It is pretty touchy off-idle (oh well)... but OMG - what a difference overall! VERY nice.

I've got to be candid here. I love my little Ford. It runs like a gazelle, over chunky, broken Michigan roads; has good pep and power; and reasonable MPG to boot. But there's always been a little disappointment, in that EcoBoost 2.0L throttle lag. I resigned myself when I bought the car almost three years ago, I'd just always drive in GOAT Sport mode and that has been a help (plus it resolves my burning hatred for Auto Start/Stop). I intend to keep doing that.

But today, a new chapter of excitement with my Badlands Sport began. I've been privileged to own and relish several fun muscle cars in my past, like an LS1 Trans Am, a 2018 Fusion Sport, and an LS2 Pontiac GTO. I miss those cars! But they were utterly impractical. I do need the AWD and vertical volume my Ford provides. Now with this device - I can have that, and *much* of the fun my old muscle machines gave. Wow, just wow! On how well this Pedal Commander works.

Now for the bad news :)

I'm thinking I will have to be a lot more careful, as with my old Pontiacs - about alert defensive driving. With the 'sleepy' throttle response my Ford had before today, that wasn't as much of an issue. I'm going to wear out more tires and brakes. (Whatever!). And I will have to watch transmission fluid temps more in my ScanGauge. It's all good though :D
The best part is that you retain the various transmission "modes" AND have the greater throttle response. That "pretty touchy off-idle" will subside as you get used to it

BLUEOVALRACER

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I wish one of you guys would have had the 1.5 Eco Boost Engine that used the Pedal Commander!!

jkeaton

Big Bend
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend / 2013 Escape Titanium
I used to be in the school of "just press the gas pedal harder" until I was gifted a pedal commander. I a firm believer now. It really wakes up the vehicle. I have one on my escape and my f150. It truly does make a hell of a difference.
Sponsored