Part of headlight staying on

CaptainCanada

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Mine still doing it, when it happens the screen won’t shut down, and various parts of the insides won’t fade down. The screen will go black but not turn off. Took 3 times again to get everything to power down.
Did you or anyone else get anywhere with this issue? Mine doesn't it on occasion in the evening and the only solution is to go open the driver door and close it again. They then turn off after the right amount of time
Sponsored

Alfredo

Base
First Name
Alfredo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco Sport
I’ve had my Bronco sport for a few months now and love it. The other day I went into a store and came out (30 min later) and part of my headlight was on. I opened the door and closed it and it went off. I blew it off. A week later I looked out the window and saw the same thing. I have no idea how or why this is happening. Anyone else have this happen or know what’s going on?

Ford Bronco Sport Part of headlight staying on 286F0807-3875-4716-A656-7FAAAB87152E
The daytime headlights can be configured to turn off at different times when you shut off the engine supposedly to illuminate the path to your home door. On your display, hit settings and navigate to headlights settings.

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Did you or anyone else get anywhere with this issue? Mine doesn't it on occasion in the evening and the only solution is to go open the driver door and close it again. They then turn off after the right amount of time
I will say mine eventually just stopped doing it. ?‍♂
Also this is in the manual. Had an instance where the console usb port would stay illuminated and everything else would be off. I stood there and observed one day and it went off in something like 4 minutes 17 seconds. Then I found this in the manual which I took comfort in. If my lights do it again I’m going to observe for ten.
Also I adjusted the lamps staying on time in the settings to none.

Ford Bronco Sport Part of headlight staying on 5CD24B84-FCE2-4266-84B7-2123F2F42554

Fordfan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BRONCO SPORT OB
Speaking as a software guy, I would try changing the timeout for the lights to a new value. You can always change it back, I just worry that it was never set and may be picking up random values.
This is what I did when it happened to me…..problem solved!

OP
OP

Justindb82

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I still haven’t figured it out. It does it occasionally and have to do the exact same thing. I’m going to try to adjust the time (as rec
The daytime headlights can be configured to turn off at different times when you shut off the engine supposedly to illuminate the path to your home door. On your display, hit settings and navigate to headlights settings.
I will try this! It’s just weird because the lights at one point were on for over an hour before I noticed. I always have to open and shit the door again to turn off…and it’s only occasionally.

CaptainCanada

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I will say mine eventually just stopped doing it. ?‍♂
Also this is in the manual. Had an instance where the console usb port would stay illuminated and everything else would be off. I stood there and observed one day and it went off in something like 4 minutes 17 seconds. Then I found this in the manual which I took comfort in. If my lights do it again I’m going to observe for ten.
Also I adjusted the lamps staying on time in the settings to none.

Ford Bronco Sport Part of headlight staying on 5CD24B84-FCE2-4266-84B7-2123F2F42554
Interesting find in the manual, though when using auto headlights mode one would think there isnt a way for me to "leave them on" given its all handled by the sensor.

I'll try checking the settings and seeing what's there but it is super occasional and ive only noticed it at night.

I had intended to watch how long they stayed on the other night but it was late and I was super tired. Also standing in my door way at 1 am looking out at my bronco might be seen as creepy by most people so I just went out and did the door trick and went to bed :p Maybe next time I'll watch lol.

Faithful48

Base
First Name
Faith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have just started having this happen over the past couple days and it’s happened 4 or so times. Screen black but radio still on…got appointment Friday with dealer.(I’ll update)

Bzwrthy77

Outer Banks
First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks
I have just started having this happen over the past couple days and it’s happened 4 or so times. Screen black but radio still on…got appointment Friday with dealer.(I’ll update)
Any updates?

RyanJ18

Big Bend
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I noticed this on my Big Bend as well. I have been unable to reproduce it so started checking my headlights whenever I parked. It happened again this morning. I was able to successfully reproduce it by turning it back on, shifting into drive, back to park, and then opened my door BEFORE I turned the engine off. I didn't have time to try it again to confirm that was the issue (I just pulled up to work), but I plan on trying again this evening.

Reypr

Badlands
First Name
Reinaldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
I’ve had my Bronco sport for a few months now and love it. The other day I went into a store and came out (30 min later) and part of my headlight was on. I opened the door and closed it and it went off. I blew it off. A week later I looked out the window and saw the same thing. I have no idea how or why this is happening. Anyone else have this happen or know
I’ve had my Bronco sport for a few months now and love it. The other day I went into a store and came out (30 min later) and part of my headlight was on. I opened the door and closed it and it went off. I blew it off. A week later I looked out the window and saw the same thing. I have no idea how or why this is happening. Anyone else have this happen or know what’s going on?

Ford Bronco Sport Part of headlight staying on 286F0807-3875-4716-A656-7FAAAB87152E
I have one badlands and have the same issue plus the LCD some times stay on too... I need open door and push start button and push for turn of for solve the issue...

Aftika

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, 2012 Honda Odyssey
I will try this! It’s just weird because the lights at one point were on for over an hour before I noticed. I always have to open and shit the door again to turn off…and it’s only occasionally.
Any resolution yet?

I just bought a Bronco Sport Big Bend yesterday. Not even 50 kilometers on it yet and I have this problem pop up this evening. I drove to work, and went in, not thinking anything of the lights figuring they would turn off. 15 minutes later I get a call from a co-worker telling me my Daytime running lights are still on in the parking lot. I went out and sure enough they were still on.

I had the lights in Auto mode. I opened the vehicle, turned the switch to manual off... closed the door and used the fob to again lock the vehicle. Now the lights were off.

Certainly does not instill a lot of confidence as the vehicle as I said has less than 50 kilometers and I have had possession for less than 24 hours!

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
Any resolution yet?

I just bought a Bronco Sport Big Bend yesterday. Not even 50 kilometers on it yet and I have this problem pop up this evening. I drove to work, and went in, not thinking anything of the lights figuring they would turn off. 15 minutes later I get a call from a co-worker telling me my Daytime running lights are still on in the parking lot. I went out and sure enough they were still on.

I had the lights in Auto mode. I opened the vehicle, turned the switch to manual off... closed the door and used the fob to again lock the vehicle. Now the lights were off.

Certainly does not instill a lot of confidence as the vehicle as I said has less than 50 kilometers and I have had possession for less than 24 hours!
I had this happen once. I pulled into the garage at dusk, the headlight's came on, they are set in auto mode. I opened the door, then turned the engine off, closed door.....

I came back into the garage about 20 minutes later and the daylight running lights were on. So I opened the door and closed. The lights went out after 20 seconds or so. Didn't change anything, still in Auto mode.

I think is was opening the door, engine still running that was the cause. I always shut it down before I open the door and it hasn't happened since.

I'll tell the dealer when I get the oil change. Maybe a software update somewhere.

Aftika

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, 2012 Honda Odyssey
I think is was opening the door, engine still running that was the cause. I always shut it down before I open the door and it hasn't happened since.
In my case - the vehicle was definitely off before I opened the door and exited the vehicle.

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Any resolution yet?

Try going in the settings menu and turn off the timer delay on the DLRs. They should turn off automatically after turning off and exiting the vehicle. Worked for me for the few times it happened when I first purchased the BS. Haven't stayed on since ??
Sponsored