Justindb82

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I’ve had my Bronco sport for a few months now and love it. The other day I went into a store and came out (30 min later) and part of my headlight was on. I opened the door and closed it and it went off. I blew it off. A week later I looked out the window and saw the same thing. I have no idea how or why this is happening. Anyone else have this happen or know what’s going on?

Ford Bronco Sport Part of headlight staying on 286F0807-3875-4716-A656-7FAAAB87152E
Sponsored

brockdog12

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I’ve had my Bronco sport for a few months now and love it. The other day I went into a store and came out (30 min later) and part of my headlight was on. I opened the door and closed it and it went off. I blew it off. A week later I looked out the window and saw the same thing. I have no idea how or why this is happening. Anyone else have this happen or know what’s going on?

286F0807-3875-4716-A656-7FAAAB87152E.jpeg
Yes! Last week I had locked mine up and went inside the office came out about 10 minutes later and the daytime running lights were on just like in your picture. I have it on my list of warranty repair items.

OP
OP

Justindb82

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Yes! Last week I had locked mine up and went inside the office came out about 10 minutes later and the daytime running lights were on just like in your picture. I have it on my list of warranty repair items.
So weird! But happy to know it wasn’t just me. Guess it’s time to contact the dealership! Thanks!

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport

286F0807-3875-4716-A656-7FAAAB87152E.jpeg
Yeah if when you lock your BS and it beeps twice and the lights stay it means one of the doors isn't fully closed. It's usually the glass hatch for me.....

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Hmmm… I rarely ever have to lock mine but try to remember to check everything before exiting because I often open the moon/sun roof. I’ll add checking for open door/hatches to the list!

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
Yeah if when you lock your BS and it beeps twice and the lights stay it means one of the doors isn't fully closed. It's usually the glass hatch for me.....
I wanted to say something but I would have thought by now most drivers would have know that. I would have never thought something like that had to be pointed out.

OP
OP

Justindb82

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I wanted to say something but I would have thought by now most drivers would have know that. I would have never thought something like that had to be pointed out.
The issue is not a door/hatch being left open. It happens randomly while all doors are shut...wether the car is locked or not.

brockdog12

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I’ve known of the double horn honk for years, my BS didn’t honk when I locked it up, running lights were on when I came outside just like the pics posted here.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve known of the double horn honk for years, my BS didn’t honk when I locked it up, running lights were on when I came outside just like the pics posted here.
Had you walked near your BS with the fob in your possession before noticing the running lights on? If the proximity of the fob unlocked the door I would expect the running lights to come on… unless your BS is haunted then all bets are off. :cwl:

brockdog12

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Had you walked near your BS with the fob in your possession before noticing the running lights on? If the proximity of the fob unlocked the door I would expect the running lights to come on… unless your BS is haunted then all bets are off. :cwl:
Nope. I was 40+ feet away in a building looking through a window.

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Mine still doing it, when it happens the screen won’t shut down, and various parts of the insides won’t fade down. The screen will go black but not turn off. Took 3 times again to get everything to power down.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Mine still doing it, when it happens the screen won’t shut down, and various parts of the insides won’t fade down. The screen will go black but not turn off. Took 3 times again to get everything to power down.
I saw post on Facebook ppl saying lights wont turn off. Ppl saying they have unlock, relock, open close doors to get lights to turn off. Multiple ppl saying they have same issue.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Speaking as a software guy, I would try changing the timeout for the lights to a new value. You can always change it back, I just worry that it was never set and may be picking up random values.
Sponsored