On this episode of, "Is this noise normal?"...

Bandit 1

Badlands
First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Thanks for the update!
Look forward to hearing this corrected the issue for you some time next week.

My dealer was nice but did not budge on looking into it further. Is this the same type of sound you were hearing ?
My BL sounds exactly like this on sport mode at 2500 rpm, and the shifts seem to be out of sync
Sponsored

BSideBootLeg

Big Bend
First Name
Kellie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I tried to replicate the noise earlier today -- 1000-1500 rpm, 5-10 mph -- and no luck. Do you know how the service writer replicated in your case? I *know* I've heard the noise @BSideBootLeg posted, but it's weird that it doesn't happen consistently in my case.
I actually took a short ride with one of the service guys and it did not make the noise. I showed them the video and they said when it was my time for service they would take it on about a 10 mile drive at 45 MPH then drive it some where such as the dealer lot or other to replicate. When they pulled the car around for me one of the service guys actually said he heard the noise again and said he was sure it was related to the ABS electronics. He said on some big tricks the ABS system can sound like a shovel dragging on the ground and marked it as a normal occurrence. At under 1,000 miles it’s a totally unacceptable noise for the car to be making. It sounds like my BS is confused in these situations which is unfortunate ive never had a car sound confused when performing in city driving conditions ??‍♀

Reactions: Jrl

Beav1

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS, 2018 F150, 2014 Focus, 2013 Escape
heard the noise again and said he was sure it was related to the ABS electronics. He said on some big tricks the ABS system can sound like a shovel dragging on the ground and marked it as a normal occurrence.
Your video on earlier post is exactly the noise I was getting. It’s the transmission. Maybe ABS systems on HD commercial trucks make nosies. Never heard ABS noises on the F150s or any other Ford I’ve owned. I was able to replicate the noise in P at 1500rpm - so not ABS. It was not as loud but still present. Crawled underneath while my wife held 1500 rpm. It was clearly from the transmission.

Did you take it to another dealer? Sometimes it’s a matter of finding the right person.

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
Anybody have another noise that happens when it shifts, kind of sounds like electronics clicking? It reminds me of the noises my old computer used to make when it was "thinking". I'm wondering if these are related?
Something similar here. From a cold start, these click-click noises are most pronounced shifting from P to R, and back to P. Reverse also has about 1 second of a 'buzz' noise: shift to R, click-click, buzz.

I wonder if this is also associated with the '1000 RPM' noise, and if folks who get a new transmission won't hear the click-click when manually shifting.

BSideBootLeg

Big Bend
First Name
Kellie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Your video on earlier post is exactly the noise I was getting. It’s the transmission. Maybe ABS systems on HD commercial trucks make nosies. Never heard ABS noises on the F150s or any other Ford I’ve owned. I was able to replicate the noise in P at 1500rpm - so not ABS. It was not as loud but still present. Crawled underneath while my wife held 1500 rpm. It was clearly from the transmission.

Did you take it to another dealer? Sometimes it’s a matter of finding the right person.
I raised the issue with Ford Directly they are escalating it to the Ford SUV division. Regional service manager should be contacting me Monday. I have called another local Ford dealer and will bring it to them in the coming week.
No dealers by me have loaner cars so it makes having them check it out really difficult but it is important so Ill be figuring something out.

Beav1

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Something similar here. From a cold start, these click-click noises are most pronounced shifting from P to R, and back to P. Reverse also has about 1 second of a 'buzz' noise: shift to R, click-click, buzz.

I wonder if this is also associated with the '1000 RPM' noise, and if folks who get a new transmission won't hear the click-click when manually shifting.
I did get a brief electronic sounding click however no buzz when shifting cold or warm. I attributed that to something with the rotary shifter mechanism. Maybe that’s why they replaced the shift cable on ours. Tech said it “made it a little better” but did not fix the primary low speed noise. Perhaps two separate issues in play here - maybe related maybe not.
My new trans is coming from Illinois which should be a one day trip to the Twin Cities so hopefully early next week will find out.

GoatsyBanks

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Yep, same noise I have. Some days it seems to be more prevalent then others.
Anybody have another noise that happens when it shifts, kind of sounds like electronics clicking? It reminds me of the noises my old computer used to make when it was "thinking". I'm wondering if these are related?
Yes. I thought it sounded like air in a pressurized fluid valve.

Rumanchoo

Big Bend
First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
My wife's BB+BB has the exact same noise. Only at low "parking lot" speeds at around 1500 rpm or so. She has about 600 or miles on it.
Interesting it's being heard with the BL with the 2.0. I was thinking it was maybe a characteristic of the 1.5 I3. Apparently happening with the 2.0 as well. Leads me to think it's not an engine issue as the 2.0 and 1.5 are very different.

Anyone else with same issue?
I have 1850 miles on mine and it’s doing it exactly as you describe. I have a BB as well. Can really be bothersome sometimes

tooloko

Big Bend
First Name
javier juarez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
I have the same problem (big bend), it sounds at 1400 rpm, since I get it new at the dealer, and they said "it´s normal, all the broncos has the same sound", but when the shift is in P (parking) there´s no sound at any rpm.

Last edited:

GoatsyBanks

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
My dealer just took a drive and thought it might be a fuel pressure solenoid or high pressure fuel pump. Says he's heard similar noises on other Fords and replacing it doesn't always work. And that's if ford gives them the ok. I guess in the past they have said that's just how it is. If that's the answer I'm not going down without a serious fight. But I don't think that explains the whining. Digging into it tomorrow and said he'll check all the reports to and from ford.
I'll let y'all know

PetariJ

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Called my dealer. They said that a cable for the ebrake release did not fit its sleeve properly and was vibrating. They used a stethoscope basically to find it.

The part that hasn't arrived yet is called as written in their computer as "cable assembly selector lever control". Hopefully this helps.

Beav1

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Called my dealer. They said that a cable for the ebrake release did not fit its sleeve properly and was vibrating. They used a stethoscope basically to find it.

The part that hasn't arrived yet is called as written in their computer as "cable assembly selector lever control". Hopefully this helps.
That's the part they replaced on mine that did not 100% correct the problem:crying:. As I posted earlier tech said it made it a little better however not entirely fixed. That said it's possible I have two separate unrelated issues.

I'm still waiting for them to finish the install on my new transmission. They need a part to finish the job that was supposed to have come in yesterday. I have not heard anything yet today.

Nancy B

Big Bend
First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Update - they think it’s the shift ca

Update -
They think they have the problem isolated to the shift cable. Makes sense based on the sound. Had to order parts. Hopefully have them by tomorrow. If that’s what the problem is then not a serious issue.

CptSmashy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Oh boy. I just arrived in rural NE Oklahoma for 2 months of work. Not even sure where the nearest Ford dealer is to my location and I have the same noise that we noticed about a week ago.

Hopefully it won't develop into an issue that leaves me stranded in a cow pasture or something before I can run it in to the dealer since cell service can be spotty out here...

johnardsg

Big Bend
First Name
johnard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS BigBend/2011 v6 Rav4
Since a lot of us are hearing it, all i can do is wait and just drive my BB normally. The other day though, i tried recording it while parked, apparently you can replicate that noise/sound in neutral or park just have the rpm at steady 1500. Anywhere up or below this the noise will not be heard based from my observation...
Sponsored