On this episode of, "Is this noise normal?"...

Nancy B

Big Bend
First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
That's the part they replaced on mine that did not 100% correct the problem:crying:. As I posted earlier tech said it made it a little better however not entirely fixed. That said it's possible I have two separate unrelated issues.

I'm still waiting for them to finish the install on my new transmission. They need a part to finish the job that was supposed to have come in yesterday. I have not heard anything yet today.
Boy, so many of us have this same issue with our new BS, and with Ford shrugging their shoulders. I am in the middle of moving out of state, so I cannot push this until Iā€™m done moving.
please keep us updated if this new tranny fixes this issue. ;-)
Sponsored

OP
OP
PTown_Bronco

PTown_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
Took mine in on Friday. Fortunately I was able to replicate the noises for the tech. They basically are waiting to hear from Ford now, they can see that others are reporting the same noises and so now it's a wait and see what Ford finds out.

Beav1

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS, 2018 F150, 2014 Focus, 2013 Escape
Boy, so many of us have this same issue with our new BS, and with Ford shrugging their shoulders. I am in the middle of moving out of state, so I cannot push this until Iā€™m done moving.
please keep us updated if this new tranny fixes this issue. ;-)
I'm hoping they have it finished up today. Supposedly Ford is requiring testing and validation before they release it. Fine by me. I have three other vehicles to drive plus the loaner they gave me. Prefer to not have to bring it back.

Perhaps a batch of "Monday morning" or "Friday afternoon" built transmissions out there.

If there's any consolation for those with the same issue it's a safe bet Ford knows about it and if hasn't already will be coming out an official fix.

BSideBootLeg

Big Bend
First Name
Kellie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I'm hoping they have it finished up today. Supposedly Ford is requiring testing and validation before they release it. Fine by me. I have three other vehicles to drive plus the loaner they gave me. Prefer to not have to bring it back.

Perhaps a batch of "Monday morning" or "Friday afternoon" built transmissions out there.

If there's any consolation for those with the same issue it's a safe bet Ford knows about it and if hasn't already will be coming out an official fix.
Thank you for continuing to keep us all updated! Fingers crossed you report back and your BB is all fixed up.

May I ask if you know how the service department described the issue? When my dealer is looking into it they are saying they aren't finding it in the system. They have shown me a couple of other issues being described but none truly match what we are all describing.

Beav1

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
May I ask if you know how the service department described the issue? When my dealer is looking into it they are saying they aren't finding it in the system. They have shown me a couple of other issues being described but none truly match what we are all describing.
I don't know the specifics of my case. To my knowledge it's been described exactly how it has been described previously on this thread. Went for a ride along with the service writer and he immediately agreed "it's not normal" The video you posted is exactly how mine sounds - dead on the same.
Somehow my case got escalated through Ford. They probably got the regional service manager involved? I suppose until Ford verifies known issues they don't get immediately published in the known issues database (I think they call it Oasis or something like that).

SilverVVolf

Badlands
First Name
Rad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Dang...that was harrowing. I tried to replicate the issue some of you are having on the way home. Couldn't get it to make that noise. Which given I'm at 1,500 miles and ALWAYS have music on, I expected to hear it. Just commenting so I get the notifications.

run5498

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I don't know the specifics of my case. To my knowledge it's been described exactly how it has been described previously on this thread. Went for a ride along with the service writer and he immediately agreed "it's not normal" The video you posted is exactly how mine sounds - dead on the same.
Somehow my case got escalated through Ford. They probably got the regional service manager involved? I suppose until Ford verifies known issues they don't get immediately published in the known issues database (I think they call it Oasis or something like that).
While I'm still waiting for a new transmission, my service department did play around with the shifter cable and also reported some improvement but that it didn't fix the problem. It sounds like we are all having the same exact issues. Unfortunately, my trust/confidence in this vehicle is quite shaky at this point--has anyone negotiated/requested some sort of extended warranty?

Beav1

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unfortunately, my trust/confidence in this vehicle is quite shaky at this point--has anyone negotiated/requested some sort of extended warranty?
It's getting to that point.

So the new transmission fixed the main problem as previously described. Was hoping to pick it up yesterday and ride off into the sunset in the Bronco and live happily ever after. Get a text indicating a new noise/problem developed while testing the new transmission. :curse: Some kind of "not normal" sound heard on braking. 24hr later they are still working on it. :headbang:
Now getting a little nervous. I bleed Ford blue but starting to wonder as far as the BS goes anyways.

To be continued..............

run5498

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
It's getting to that point.

So the new transmission fixed the main problem as previously described. Was hoping to pick it up yesterday and ride off into the sunset in the Bronco and live happily ever after. Get a text indicating a new noise/problem developed while testing the new transmission. :curse: Some kind of "not normal" sound heard on braking. 24hr later they are still working on it. :headbang:
Now getting a little nervous. I bleed Ford blue but starting to wonder as far as the BS goes anyways.

To be continued..............
Oh wow, I'm sorry to hear this. This is the first time I've purchased a Ford...Not sure I'll buy another Ford after this experience. I would ask your service manager what you can arrange in terms of what other confidence boosters Ford can offer. These are brand new vehicles that we all paid a premium for in order NOT to have issues (at least for the next few years). I'm in touch with Ford directly and have opened up a case--requesting a full buy back at this point as I'm maxed out with this situation as it's derailed a ton of plans and has just been a headache.

Beav1

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh wow, I'm sorry to hear this. This is the first time I've purchased a Ford...Not sure I'll buy another Ford after this experience. I would ask your service manager what you can arrange in terms of what other confidence boosters Ford can offer. These are brand new vehicles that we all paid a premium for in order NOT to have issues (at least for the next few years). I'm in touch with Ford directly and have opened up a case--requesting a full buy back at this point as I'm maxed out with this situation as it's derailed a ton of plans and has just been a headache.
These things are frustrating to say the least. Myself and family have owned exclusively Fords for many years. A few minor things here and there however really not much in the way of major issues. Pretty soon Ford will have more into the warranty claim than what the vehicle is worth. They might be money ahead to cut their losses with a buy back. Might need to give Ford customer service a call.

AxKnight

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
I tried to replicate the noise earlier today -- 1000-1500 rpm, 5-10 mph -- and no luck. Do you know how the service writer replicated in your case? I *know* I've heard the noise @BSideBootLeg posted, but it's weird that it doesn't happen consistently in my case.
Only happens for me after the car is warm as well.

AxKnight

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Since a lot of us are hearing it, all i can do is wait and just drive my BB normally. The other day though, i tried recording it while parked, apparently you can replicate that noise/sound in neutral or park just have the rpm at steady 1500. Anywhere up or below this the noise will not be heard based from my observation...
Yeah.. itā€™s impossible to get a loaner right now and Iā€™m not spending a month of rental car fees to fix a brand new car. Hopefully, with enough of us raising our concerns with Ford theyā€™ll dig in and issue a recall

johnardsg

Big Bend
First Name
johnard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS BigBend/2011 v6 Rav4
Oh man, many more are experiencing this rrrrkrkrkr sound :( really hope ford listens to the customersā€™ inputs and have a subteam rootcause and fix this noise.
On the other hand, i have been avoiding the noise with sport mode and not revving to 1500rpm, always above or below that. (Delicate feathering on the throttle)

SilverVVolf

Badlands
First Name
Rad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
These things are frustrating to say the least. Myself and family have owned exclusively Fords for many years. A few minor things here and there however really not much in the way of major issues. Pretty soon Ford will have more into the warranty claim than what the vehicle is worth. They might be money ahead to cut their losses with a buy back. Might need to give Ford customer service a call.
Also have owned many Fords and only one had a recall on the airbag. All the fleet vehicles at work are Ford workhorses with 100k+ miles with no major issues. The Chevy vs Ford debacle is all propaganda bs. Have many friends in the industry and they all agree Ford makes the best truck on the market, period.

I know this has been happening across all trims so engine doesn't appear to matter. Possibly plant specific issue? I know not all of us have the luxury of knowing where and when theirs was made cause not everyone pre-ordered, but maybe some correlation there?

Hermosillo MX
4-7-21

Thankful she wasn't born on a Monday or Friday ? but I still can't get mine to do it with all the methods provided, but maybe it'll help someone. Idk

ACGilbert

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge ST
Also have owned many Fords and only one had a recall on the airbag. All the fleet vehicles at work are Ford workhorses with 100k+ miles with no major issues. The Chevy vs Ford debacle is all propaganda bs. Have many friends in the industry and they all agree Ford makes the best truck on the market, period.

I know this has been happening across all trims so engine doesn't appear to matter. Possibly plant specific issue? I know not all of us have the luxury of knowing where and when theirs was made cause not everyone pre-ordered, but maybe some correlation there?

Hermosillo MX
4-7-21

Thankful she wasn't born on a Monday or Friday ? but I still can't get mine to do it with all the methods provided, but maybe it'll help someone. Idk
My Badlands was born March 30th. I can hear the ā€˜flutteryā€™ noise on mine as well.
AC
Sponsored