On this episode of, "Is this noise normal?"...

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Ask for Benito Martinez. He knows all about this. ;-)
Aye. He's their transmission tech. He rode along with me and acknowledged there was a sound, but at the time, he didn't have any guidance from Ford and neither they nor I really wanted to just start digging into the mechanicals exploring around. Another post earlier said Ford may have something by August to fix it. When I get back in, I will bring it up.
Sponsored

Kraken

Base
First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Terrible audio, but it's the best I've been able to capture so far. The rattle/errr sound right at the beginning of the clip is what I've been hearing sometimes when it downshifts to 1500rpm. Also some stuttering when driving 10mph, it'll be coasting smooth then feel almost like I drove over a couple small bumps.

Attachments

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Terrible audio, but it's the best I've been able to capture so far. The rattle/errr sound right at the beginning of the clip is what I've been hearing sometimes when it downshifts to 1500rpm. Also some stuttering when driving 10mph, it'll be coasting smooth then feel almost like I drove over a couple small bumps.
I get that sound occasionally but it’s shorter in duration and getting less frequent. I couldn’t be sure in your file did it go for approximately 3 seconds? Tried to count it out but it blends into other sounds.

paico

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hey guys. I have a big bend that was made in Feb 2021. It's around 1200 miles now. I do hear this grinding noise while shifting to R and in certain driving situations (10/15mph and braking/accelerating for example). It's pretty noticeable. Do you believe there will be a recall or something coming? I'm not in the US but I hope to get enough info here to confront my dealer... I believe this is clearly not a normal behavior at all.

OP
OP
PTown_Bronco

PTown_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
Hey guys. I have a big bend that was made in Feb 2021. It's around 1200 miles now. I do hear this grinding noise while shifting to R and in certain driving situations (10/15mph and braking/accelerating for example). It's pretty noticeable. Do you believe there will be a recall or something coming? I'm not in the US but I hope to get enough info here to confront my dealer... I believe this is clearly not a normal behavior at all.
Maybe not a recall, but they are certainly aware of unusual noises. See my post a few pages back with the service bulletin. Take in to your dealer and have them drive with you to listen to the noises. Feel free to share the service bulletin with them too. Noise fix for the cable rattle is still coming in August.

Houseof7th

Badlands
First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I've noticed that after I've driven for a while at a high rate of speed There's like a ticking or clicking sound in the back of my BL after I park and when everything's off. Anyone else has this issue or is it normal?

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
I've noticed that after I've driven for a while at a high rate of speed There's like a ticking or clicking sound in the back of my BL after I park and when everything's off. Anyone else has this issue or is it normal?
How many bullet holes in the tailgate? :angel:

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I've heard this since I've owned mine. Figured it was part of the shut down process; maybe something with the intercooler or something. The frond leds have a fan that run to cool them after the vehicle is off as well.

OP
OP
PTown_Bronco

PTown_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
So, has anyone in this thread heard from their service dept about scheduling "the fix"? I put a call into mine, they're looking into it.

JohnnyBronco

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
So, has anyone in this thread heard from their service dept about scheduling "the fix"? I put a call into mine, they're looking into it.
What does "the fix" entail? Mine said they had a new neutral cable ordered and I could take my vehicle and they would call me when it came in or I could leave the car at the dealer. I took the BS and never heard back.

OP
OP
PTown_Bronco

PTown_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
What does "the fix" entail? Mine said they had a new neutral cable ordered and I could take my vehicle and they would call me when it came in or I could leave the car at the dealer. I took the BS and never heard back.
I think that's the $10,000 question, nobody knows yet. My service guy called me back and there's no update to the bulletin, so he's reaching out to his contact at Ford about it.

dejones64

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer, BS BB
Anybody with a newer build, last couple months, reporting this "noise"?

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
I've heard this since I've owned mine. Figured it was part of the shut down process; maybe something with the intercooler or something. The frond leds have a fan that run to cool them after the vehicle is off as well.
It's just the exhaust pipes cooling off......
Sponsored