Oval Office

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 bronco sport badlands
It doesn’t block the camera, I think it is lower also, blocks some of the license plate. I won’t do that again
Sponsored

RogueRodney

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands Atlas Blue Metallic
OvalOffice:

Is that the Ford Ranger Lifts Nudge Bar? Looks very similar to the one in the picture of the yellow Badlands on his site.

I've just ordered one.

RR

NoSales

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Fitting 245 Spare

Just to document what I did and others have described.

First remove the foam blocks from the sides of the spare tire area, and cut the center of the “carpet” out. I used a 1” snap knife to cut the carpet.
Ford Bronco Sport Olive - Meanderthal’s BS BL 1667437200269

I went a little further than I think most do and cut the center of the carpet out by following the indentation left by the stock steel wheel.
Ford Bronco Sport Olive - Meanderthal’s BS BL 1667437231166

Then just put the jack back into place.
Ford Bronco Sport Olive - Meanderthal’s BS BL 1667437260582

Now the 245 tire will fit.
Ford Bronco Sport Olive - Meanderthal’s BS BL 1667437298345

Slide the floor panel back in the the “high” slot at the front. Basically, if you just lay the panel on the tire and slide it forward, it will go into this slot. Sorry, the panel was dirty from wet cardboard boxes that I brought the stock wheels home in sliding across the panel.
Ford Bronco Sport Olive - Meanderthal’s BS BL 1667437341567
Well unfortunately I guess my tire doesn't fit the same way?

Ford Bronco Sport Olive - Meanderthal’s BS BL CF14AB6A-A1A6-4C61-9B6D-5FA27CFA8DD9

OP
OP
Meanderthal

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Well unfortunately I guess my tire doesn't fit the same way?

Ford Bronco Sport Olive - Meanderthal’s BS BL CF14AB6A-A1A6-4C61-9B6D-5FA27CFA8DD9
Tire size? Did you take out some of the padding as shown in my post?

Lufelham

Badlands
First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands 2022
Lufelham:

Looking good my friend! Meaning no slight at all to anyone that doesn't have a lifted Bronco Sport, but I think they look so much better (more boxy/blocky) lifted.

I liked it without the lift, but it looks much better (in my opinion) lifted.

RR
Thanks a lot friend I’m loving it and some more mods coming soon

CableXJ

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Stubby Antennae

Not much to say here. Simply unscrew the stock antennae and screw on the stubby.
Ford Bronco Sport Olive - Meanderthal’s BS BL 1667439595359

CravenSpeed Stubby Jr Antenna Compatible with Ford Ranger 2019-2022 | 2 Inches https://a.co/d/eu9bo4p
I got one of those that’s even shorter. Good thing Ford hasn’t eliminated AM yet. No FM reception at all.

OP
OP
Meanderthal

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got one of those that’s even shorter. Good thing Ford hasn’t eliminated AM yet. No FM reception at all.
I don’t listen to the radio much, but I did make a point of doing so in a spot that I know has poor FM reception. I found that the reception was good through that trouble spot.

OP
OP
Meanderthal

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Out where I live, everywhere is a poor reception area. 🤣
Sounds like you should subscribe to satellite radio or play items from your phone.

Jpatch

Big Bend
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Track Width

I really wanted to have a more aggressive stance. I didn’t want the tires to stick out but I don’t like the “fake bolt” fender flares. Luckily Air Design has nice clean fender flare set. This flare set looks very “stock”, which I like.

The 245 tire on a 30mm offset wheel sticks out just a little. When a 1” spacer is added, the tire really sticks out. Maybe something that some others would like. Adding the fender flares, brings it back to about flush. To me, this is perfect.

The decrease in wheel offset from 38mm to 30mm moves the outside surface of the tire out by 8mm (about 5/16”).

The increase in tire width from 225mm to 245mm means another 10mm (about 3/8”) of the tire pushing out, and also the same amount pushing in.

Stock
Ford Bronco Sport Olive - Meanderthal’s BS BL 1667438311049

245/70/16 30mm offset (stock offset is 38mm)
Ford Bronco Sport Olive - Meanderthal’s BS BL 1667438365391

245/70/16 30mm offset with 1” spacer
Ford Bronco Sport Olive - Meanderthal’s BS BL 1667438402215

245/70/16 30mm offset with 1” spacer and Air Design fender flares
Ford Bronco Sport Olive - Meanderthal’s BS BL 1667438450146
You look like you know wtf you are doing as these installs look legit. I’m looking at air fenders right now on ford and am wondering how difficult it was to install?

OP
OP
Meanderthal

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You look like you know wtf you are doing as these installs look legit. I’m looking at air fenders right now on ford and am wondering how difficult it was to install?
Pretty easy but time consuming. Lots of peeling back the backing of double sided tape and then making sure that it is aligned before sticking. Not really hard but you just need to dry fit each piece and then finish the placement. If you have someone to help you, that would surely make it easier.

OP
OP
Meanderthal

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought that it could be useful to share some information on where to jack up the BS and where to place jack stands. So here goes.

If I am going to put the BS up on 4 jack stands I will use the front door jack point. Jacking from there will lift the entire side of the vehicle up and you can place jack stands under the back door jack point and then I put them as shown here in the front:
Ford Bronco Sport Olive - Meanderthal’s BS BL 1687308758287

Note that this picture shows just the front jack stands in place, not the rears. The other thing to note, is that I have rubber pads for my jack stands that work against a flat surface like this and also on the pinch weld jack points.

For doing an oil change, I jack the car up from here:
Ford Bronco Sport Olive - Meanderthal’s BS BL 1687308936005

Note also that the jack stands are under the front pinch weld jack points. That is where they stay while I do the oil change.

Those rubber pads on the jack stands are new ones. The previous set were essentially cut in half by the pinch welds. I am attempting to avoid that now by taking a piece of 1/4” fuel line (left over from the hood shake fix) and slicing a slot in it. With that on the pinch weld, it should hopefully keep the pads from getting cut by the pinch weld.
Ford Bronco Sport Olive - Meanderthal’s BS BL 1687309197100

I don’t know if I can just leave the tubing in place all the time or if I need to remove it every time. It’s cheap enough and I have enough left over to just try it. If you are going to do this, cut a piece of tubing that is 4 to 4.25” long and then slice down the center. Be careful not to cut yourself!

Last edited:

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
@Meanderthal .. on those pics do you have some aftermarket skid plates installed and are the pics for a 2.0L model? Thanks!
Sponsored