Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB
The online part description and the owner's manual both call for FL-910-S, which I happen to have plenty of because that is what fits my Escape. I used 5-20 full synthetic for the oil. The tools are shown below in the picture. T-30 Torx driver for underbody cover screws (13x), 2 push pins need to be removed too. 16 MM socket for oil pan drain plug and oil filter removal tools. My question is, if the owner's manual and ford parts both recommend the same oil filter (FL-910-S) why was my BB shipped with the little short one in this picture? Has anyone else seen this on theirs? Wondering why it would ship with a different filter (smaller) than what it calls for. 1.5L engine.

Ford Bronco Sport Oil Change IMG_4874

Ford Bronco Sport Oil Change IMG_4875

Ford Bronco Sport Oil Change IMG_4876
New member here and have been following some of the Q/A's in this forum. Are you saying that you need to remove 13 screws and 2 push pins and cover to just to access the oil filter? Do you happen to have an underbody picture of your Big Bend showing what is covered/protected? BB model is what I am considering as a potential replacement for my 2008 Jeep Liberty Sport 4x4. I do a bunch of service and repairs to my own vehicles. Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
BigB'sBrono21

BigB'sBrono21

Big Bend
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
New member here and have been following some of the Q/A's in this forum. Are you saying that you need to remove 13 screws and 2 push pins and cover to just to access the oil filter? Do you happen to have an underbody picture of your Big Bend showing what is covered/protected? BB model is what I am considering as a potential replacement for my 2008 Jeep Liberty Sport 4x4. I do a bunch of service and repairs to my own vehicles. Thanks!
Yes. 13 torx screws and 2 pushpins hold the under engine cover (I will post pics next time I am out in the garage). After removing the screws, it just slides off. My escape is the same way.

OP
OP
BigB'sBrono21

BigB'sBrono21

Big Bend
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Thanks for the info, where is located the oil filter? Any danger close to the ground? Is the larger filter more exposed?
it is pretty much front and center of the engine. I will take some pics in the next few days of the under engine cover and where everything is located an post them in here.

Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB
Yes. 13 torx screws and 2 pushpins hold the under engine cover (I will post pics next time I am out in the garage). After removing the screws, it just slides off. My escape is the same way.
Is is plastic? Any thickness to it?

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape Limited AWD / 2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP / 2014 Mazda6 Touring
Sorry if I missed the info somewhere:
to the OP: did you have to get the car on ramps, etc? or was it all doable without lifting the B/S?

Thanks!

PS: I am also wondering if BL trim has to remove more stuff to get an the oil pan/filter due to metal skid plates etc.

OP
OP
BigB'sBrono21

BigB'sBrono21

Big Bend
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Sorry if I missed the info somewhere:
to the OP: did you have to get the car on ramps, etc? or was it all doable without lifting the B/S?

Thanks!

PS: I am also wondering if BL trim has to remove more stuff to get an the oil pan/filter due to metal skid plates etc.
I used a standard floor jack and jack stands to get under it. Never been a fan of those ramps, but if you like them, they should provide enough room to get under your vehicle.

thesavo

Outer Banks
First Name
savo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Edge SEL, 2014 Patriot, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
Were you able to snap some pictures of the oil filter location?

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Just did a first 1000 mile oil change on my BL. The skid plate is relatively hefty and is held on by about 6 beefy bolts and is attached by 6 or so torx screws to the front air dam. The filter and drain plug are at the front and very easy to get to. The oil seems that it would drain onto the air dam from the pan plug and filter while draining but surprisingly it didn’t touch it. For everyone in doubt of the amount metal in the first oil change, heres a video of what drained out. Ignore the dirt in the drain pan, but everything metal you see is what came out. Every new vehicle I’ve done this to yielded similar amounts.

760Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Just did a first 1000 mile oil change on my BL. The skid plate is relatively hefty and is held on by about 6 beefy bolts and is attached by 6 or so torx screws to the front air dam. The filter and drain plug are at the front and very easy to get to. The oil seems that it would drain onto the air dam from the pan plug and filter while draining but surprisingly it didn’t touch it. For everyone in doubt of the amount metal in the first oil change, heres a video of what drained out. Ignore the dirt in the drain pan, but everything metal you see is what came out. Every new vehicle I’ve done this to yielded similar amounts.
1000 mile oil change? What the....

Midgiesbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Does the OEM filter have any identifying part numbers that resemble a Ford filter number (e.g FL-nnn)? Is it possible that the OEM filter is a domestic-market product from the country of origin and not available in the U.S.?

I'm just speculating and may be way off, it just doesn't look like a typical Motorcraft filter.
Does the OEM filter have any identifying part numbers that resemble a Ford filter number (e.g FL-nnn)? Is it possible that the OEM filter is a domestic-market product from the country of origin and not available in the U.S.?

I'm just speculating and may be way off, it just doesn't look like a typical Motorcraft filter.
OE filter I'm about to remove for my wife's badlands, 2.0, oe filter

Ford Bronco Sport Oil Change thumbnail

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
My '16 F150 3.5 ecoboost had a larger filter on it from the factory. Same white looking with black letters like we see in this thread. But larger then the Motorcraft replacement filter.
Sponsored