Odd, Soft Rattle Noise at Low Speed/RPM When Downshifting at Low Gear

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
We put about 1400 miles on before bringing it in. Probably okay to drive around locally. Maybe avoid long road trips.
Yours is all good after the transmission? Hope they come to the same conclusion on mine.
Sponsored

Last edited:

run5498

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
dealer canā€™t get me in for a couple weeks. Should I even drive it? What do you think?
I'd drive it a bit less if you can. Unfortunately, if it's the same issue, you'll be waiting a while for the new transmission. I'm still on backorder and there is no ETA as to when my dealership will get the part--service said it'll probably be another month but did provide a loaner until they can get my BB running again.

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I'd drive it a bit less if you can. Unfortunately, if it's the same issue, you'll be waiting a while for the new transmission. I'm still on backorder and there is no ETA as to when my dealership will get the part--service said it'll probably be another month but did provide a loaner until they can get my BB running again.
Ok sounds smart. Iā€™ll just prepare to hunker down. Appreciate the feedback thanks so much.

Beav1

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS, 2018 F150, 2014 Focus, 2013 Escape
Yours is all good after the transmission? Hope they come to the same conclusion on mine.
We drove it around quite a bit during the long weekend. Yes - completely resolved the major noise issue as previously described. In fact seems to be quieter and shifts better overall. There still is an intermittent driveline noise around < 10 mph-ish when holding 1st gear. Sounds kinda like an ATV or SxS driveline. From what can tell that is likely a normal characteristic. We have the BB so has the 1.5. I'm probably overly hypersensitive to it now more than anything. Wife says she doesn't hardly notice it all.

ShadowHunter

Badlands
First Name
Fermin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tainocustomknives.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport Badlands, Porsche 911, Toyota MR2
Now that I've read all the comments it makes sense to me. I thought it was a normal noise since I've only had my BL for 5 days I have less than 400 miles on mine. I called the Service center and luckily I have a drop off time of 7:30am tomorrow to diagnose the issue.

Thank you all for the information.

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Now that I've read all the comments it makes sense to me. I thought it was a normal noise since I've only had my BL for 5 days I have less than 400 miles on mine. I called the Service center and luckily I have a drop off time of 7:30am tomorrow to diagnose the issue.

Thank you all for the information.
Hear anything from the dealer?

ShadowHunter

Badlands
First Name
Fermin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tainocustomknives.com
Vehicle(s)
Yes I'm so sorry I've been in the shop forging knives lol..... I took her to the dealership and they actually took me for a LONG ride so I can pin point the " Rattle" and of course she didn't do it, its been over 24Hrs and no rattle has happened. They did say if it happens to bring it back any time.
Ford Bronco Sport Odd, Soft Rattle Noise at Low Speed/RPM When Downshifting at Low Gear 160333306_887343905422137_1230317784381665070_n
Ford Bronco Sport Odd, Soft Rattle Noise at Low Speed/RPM When Downshifting at Low Gear 146243970_498025131597123_4704153189045113703_n
Ford Bronco Sport Odd, Soft Rattle Noise at Low Speed/RPM When Downshifting at Low Gear 147069579_265281814983238_3608676221469269343_n(1)

Last edited:

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Yes I'm so sorry I've been in the shop forging knives lol..... I took her to the dealership and they actually took me for a LONG ride so I can pin point the " Rattle" and of course she didn't do it, its been over 24Hrs and no rattle has happened. They did say if it happens to bring it back any time.
Ford Bronco Sport Odd, Soft Rattle Noise at Low Speed/RPM When Downshifting at Low Gear 160333306_887343905422137_1230317784381665070_n
Ford Bronco Sport Odd, Soft Rattle Noise at Low Speed/RPM When Downshifting at Low Gear 146243970_498025131597123_4704153189045113703_n
Ford Bronco Sport Odd, Soft Rattle Noise at Low Speed/RPM When Downshifting at Low Gear 147069579_265281814983238_3608676221469269343_n(1)
Those look boss brother. Iā€™m taking mine in tuesday Iā€™ll let you know. And if you want provide a link where we can buy a knife!

Midgiesbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
If it sounds like this itā€™s very likely your transmission. I just had mine replaced under warranty. Thanks to BSideBootLeg over on the ā€˜On this episode of is this noise normal threadā€ who captured the exact noise I was hearing perfectly. Dealer might try and tell you itā€™s the shift cable. Itā€™s not.
sounds like transmission pump whining from what I can hear

ShadowHunter

Badlands
First Name
Fermin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tainocustomknives.com
Vehicle(s)
Those look boss brother. Iā€™m taking mine in tuesday Iā€™ll let you know. And if you want provide a link where we can buy a knife!
I'm currently heading to the Blade show in Atlanta and ill be sold out of knives until next month but this will give you an idea of what I usually forge. 90% of my knives are Custom Forged to the likes of the customer. I don't Duplicate so all my knives are one of a kind 1 of 1 :)
www.Tainocustomknives.com
https://www.instagram.com/tainocustomknives/
(6) Taino Custom Knives | Facebook

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
We drove it around quite a bit during the long weekend. Yes - completely resolved the major noise issue as previously described. In fact seems to be quieter and shifts better overall. There still is an intermittent driveline noise around < 10 mph-ish when holding 1st gear. Sounds kinda like an ATV or SxS driveline. From what can tell that is likely a normal characteristic. We have the BB so has the 1.5. I'm probably overly hypersensitive to it now more than anything. Wife says she doesn't hardly notice it all.
Iā€™m getting that atv sound every time I accelerate. I didnā€™t know how to describe it. Hopefully the dealer will hear and question that theres another guy on another thread that does 0-60 in his badlands and it sounds amazing and not atv at all. Hereā€™s the thread
https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/g-o-a-t-mode-shifting-points.2911/

johnardsg

Big Bend
First Name
johnard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS BigBend/2011 v6 Rav4
Iā€™m getting that atv sound every time I accelerate. I didnā€™t know how to describe it. Hopefully the dealer will hear and question that theres another guy on another thread that does 0-60 in his badlands and it sounds amazing and not atv at all. Hereā€™s the thread
https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/g-o-a-t-mode-shifting-points.2911/
Hi zerocool, itā€™s a bigbend at sportmode. I hear some rattling with it but only when it slows down then goes away

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Hi zerocool, itā€™s a bigbend at sportmode. I hear some rattling with it but only when it slows down then goes away
To me the rattle, and gerneral atv sound of the engine are two separate things. Do you agree? Do you get that atv sound?
Iā€™m driving in normal but test drove in sport and noticed it then too i just thought thats how they sound.

YukiSport

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have a BS Badlands and it has the same noise in normal driving, just before the 1-2 upshift, and during 2-1 downshift when coasting to a stop. It seems to be getting worse with miles, now at 1400.
Was out driving in a sandy wash in SAND goat mode and it made the sound continuously at 11 mph, light throttle, in (I believe) first gear.. Let me tell you, it's a very unpleasant noise, and listening to it constantly for 5 minutes will drive you crazy. (Not to mention it will destroy your confidence that you won't have to walk home.)

If you want to try this yourself, remember that it's not recommended to run SAND mode on hard surface roads.

I'll be interested to hear if others can reproduce the noise in this manner.

Thanks!

johnardsg

Big Bend
First Name
johnard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS BigBend/2011 v6 Rav4
To me the rattle, and gerneral atv sound of the engine are two separate things. Do you agree? Do you get that atv sound?
Iā€™m driving in normal but test drove in sport and noticed it then too i just thought thats how they sound.
yes i hear two different sounds.
1. i hear every now and then at 1500rpm slow speeds (this one is still weird cause all other rpms dont make the sound, only at 1500)
2. i hear every now and then when slowing down after driving 45mph+ (atv sound here or dragging shovel sound from the other threads)

Both of these i hear with sportmode, i havent driven with normal for long periods of time.
Sponsored