Noise backing up

LastBronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
For everyone that hears noise when backing up, take you BS in for the TSB that replaces the rear bushings with a more industrial set and they will clean all the break components. Noise will be gone. Quiet as a mouse now!
Sponsored

Bronco Blue

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape
Yeah my dad and I have to get it done to his 22 Escape and my 22 BS. They ordered the parts for both of ours so now it’s just the waiting game, but it’s very obnoxious.

wireman

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
For everyone that hears noise when backing up, take you BS in for the TSB that replaces the rear bushings with a more industrial set and they will clean all the break components. Noise will be gone. Quiet as a mouse now!
Right now I have no issues on my 2021 Badlands. Can you give me a few more details on this?
Only when backing? How much pressure on the brake pedal? Does it go away when shifting to drive?
Thanks

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Right now I have no issues on my 2021 Badlands. Can you give me a few more details on this?
Only when backing? How much pressure on the brake pedal? Does it go away when shifting to drive?
Thanks
It's a known issue. Affected vehicles generate a loud moaning/fog horn-like noise when backing at slow speeds with light brake pedal pressure. The overwhelming majority report the noise occurs in the mornings or after the vehicle has sat long enough for the brakes to cool.

wireman

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
It's a known issue. Affected vehicles generate a loud moaning/fog horn-like noise when backing at slow speeds with light brake pedal pressure. The overwhelming majority report the noise occurs in the mornings or after the vehicle has sat long enough for the brakes to cool.
10-4 Thanks. I'll keep this info in mind and hopefully it won't surface on my Badlands.

Is there a certain year and production time frame related to the issue?

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10-4 Thanks. I'll keep this info in mind and hopefully it won't surface on my Badlands.

Is there a certain year and production time frame related to the issue?
Here's a link to the TSB on the NHTSA website. It applies to 2021-2022 MYs. Since Ford knew about the issue before beginning 2023 MY production those vehicles should get the correct components/build procedure to prevent the issue.

wireman

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Here's a link to the TSB on the NHTSA website. It applies to 2021-2022 MYs. Since Ford knew about the issue before beginning 2023 MY production those vehicles should get the correct components/build procedure to prevent the issue.
Got it, just wait and see how this progresses. Being in SoCal with moderate temps and humidity, that may limit the issue in this area.

olly12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
FYI i just had this TSB done 2 weeks ago on my 2021 badlands. Unfortunately it didn't solve it, still moans like a whale in reverse after sitting for awhile when it's wet or cold (aka 9 months of the year here in seattle). It's at 25k miles, and done it since day 1.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FYI i just had this TSB done 2 weeks ago on my 2021 badlands. Unfortunately it didn't solve it, still moans like a whale in reverse after sitting for awhile when it's wet or cold (aka 9 months of the year here in seattle). It's at 25k miles, and done it since day 1.
You should take it back to the dealership that "fixed" it and tell them it isn't fixed. Either they installed something incorrectly, or Ford's fix isn't a universal solution. Either way, Ford can't do anything if they don't know about it.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this concern. Thanks!
Sponsored