OP
Freeskierdude

Freeskierdude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 CRV
What tires do you have on that Badlands? Looks like Cooper. Were they aftermarket?
Yup! I needed the 3 peak snowflake. I got the cooper discoverer at3 4s in 235/65/r17. They are wonderful. I think they look sophisticated and also they are very quite
Sponsored

BroncoBruce21

Badlands
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Went up the west coast about 200 miles in my BL. Along with the audio "hiccups" with Apple CarPlay (barely noticeable but it's there), on the return drive I also experienced my Google Maps navigation reset twice through CarPlay. Thankfully I had cell service and could quickly pull up my recent navigation searches without needing the keyboard, but strange it didn't happen earlier in the trip as I was following the same route. Had experienced similar issues with CarPlay in a 2019 F-150 rental last year. Ford needs to push an update!

Zolutar

Outer Banks
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport OB+, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Forscan once it gets updated to support the Bronco Sport will have a way to remove the "double honk" as well as add/remove some other hidden features, nothing spectacular mind you, but helpful none the less for some of these little annoying things :)

OP
OP
Freeskierdude

Freeskierdude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 CRV
So I was going through the settings and I discovered you can change the sensitivity for the pre-collision warning. It's by default on high. I'll switch it to medium and see if that works next time I drive the same route

Central Jersey

Big Bend
First Name
Mordechai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big Bend
I was planning on silver for my Badlands. Your pic has sold me on the cactus green.
I got a cactus gray Big Bend It looks very sharp in person (it was the only Bronco Sport available on the lot. I would Have gone with a less attractive color such as white if given the opportunity)I got a lot of complements on it. (I still have not met another bronco sport on the road yet )

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
I got a cactus gray Big Bend It looks very sharp in person (it was the only Bronco Sport available on the lot. I would Have gone with a less attractive color such as white if given the opportunity)I got a lot of complements on it. (I still have not met another bronco sport on the road yet )
Nor have we . That should change with all the people we have talked to & want one , not to mention all the people on the Bronco list waiting for it to come out .

5Dogs

First Name
Toni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
I went on a 450 ish mile road trip in my badlands this weekend to go skiing and here are my random takeaways so far.

I was able to cover all bases, Snowy roads, straight-up black ice, windy roads, through the rain, and highway driving. Positives, I really love how you can lock the car into 4wd, it gives you a lot of confidence. If you start sliding downhill and you have the brake applied, the car automatically downshifts to prevent the abs from doing all the work, it works like magic.

The turning radius is ridiculously short :). The steering gets heavier as you pick up speed. It makes driving the windy road really immersive. I enjoy that a lot. The factory windshield wipers are very good.

I still haven't put my foot down but the power and acceleration are impressive, I love the feeling when the turbo kicks in around 2 thousand rpm.

As a side note, this car attracts some serious attention. People are constantly turning heads and staring at you. People on the highway try to maintain speed with you so they can check you out.

Continuing, The lane centering works well, but I think it works best when you give the car a tiny bit of feedback as your going along otherwise is might have a bias to one side of the lane. The lane keep assist is great but on a very windy road, as you drive dynamically in your lane (like hugging the inside of a turn), it will make little adjustments. I can't confirm this but I'm pretty sure when I accelerate through a sharp turn the torq vectoring will kick in a little bit, and it feels awesome and confidence-inspiring.

Here are some of my gripes, The android auto, and apple car play glitch a little via the audio cutting out and disconnecting in little spurts. It's really annoying at times(it's not my cell service because all the music I listen to is pre-downloaded, I have no cell service on huge parts of my journey). This happened once, but I drove by a rock face that overhangs 10 feet above the road just a tiny bit and the pre-collision warning went off, This also happened when I accelerated past a car that was pulling over. It only happened twice during 10 hours of driving on very dynamic roads.

My next thing is when I pull over to take a leak and I leave the car on and have the key in my pocket the car will do two quick little beeps at you.

Overall I freakin love this car. I can't wait to take it through the mud next. The only things I reallllllllly hope that gets fixed and I'm positive it will is the android auto/apple car play being a little glitchy. Ford is your reading this fix that asap.
Ford Bronco Sport My thoughts after a weekend roadtrip Inked20210109_095459_LI - Copy
Great writeup and love this pic.. confirms that ordering CG was the right decision for me.

BagOJuice

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I went on a 450 ish mile road trip in my badlands this weekend to go skiing and here are my random takeaways so far.

I was able to cover all bases, Snowy roads, straight-up black ice, windy roads, through the rain, and highway driving. Positives, I really love how you can lock the car into 4wd, it gives you a lot of confidence. If you start sliding downhill and you have the brake applied, the car automatically downshifts to prevent the abs from doing all the work, it works like magic.

The turning radius is ridiculously short :). The steering gets heavier as you pick up speed. It makes driving the windy road really immersive. I enjoy that a lot. The factory windshield wipers are very good.

I still haven't put my foot down but the power and acceleration are impressive, I love the feeling when the turbo kicks in around 2 thousand rpm.

As a side note, this car attracts some serious attention. People are constantly turning heads and staring at you. People on the highway try to maintain speed with you so they can check you out.

Continuing, The lane centering works well, but I think it works best when you give the car a tiny bit of feedback as your going along otherwise is might have a bias to one side of the lane. The lane keep assist is great but on a very windy road, as you drive dynamically in your lane (like hugging the inside of a turn), it will make little adjustments. I can't confirm this but I'm pretty sure when I accelerate through a sharp turn the torq vectoring will kick in a little bit, and it feels awesome and confidence-inspiring.

Here are some of my gripes, The android auto, and apple car play glitch a little via the audio cutting out and disconnecting in little spurts. It's really annoying at times(it's not my cell service because all the music I listen to is pre-downloaded, I have no cell service on huge parts of my journey). This happened once, but I drove by a rock face that overhangs 10 feet above the road just a tiny bit and the pre-collision warning went off, This also happened when I accelerated past a car that was pulling over. It only happened twice during 10 hours of driving on very dynamic roads.

My next thing is when I pull over to take a leak and I leave the car on and have the key in my pocket the car will do two quick little beeps at you.

Overall I freakin love this car. I can't wait to take it through the mud next. The only things I reallllllllly hope that gets fixed and I'm positive it will is the android auto/apple car play being a little glitchy. Ford is your reading this fix that asap.
Ford Bronco Sport My thoughts after a weekend roadtrip Inked20210109_095459_LI - Copy
looks amazing. looking to get these tires for my shadow black badlands. cannot wait!

Reactions: Jrl

Nolf25

Outer Banks
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Nor have we . That should change with all the people we have talked to & want one , not to mention all the people on the Bronco list waiting for it to come out .
Same here. People from work and driving around telling me they want one now and I'm like Nooo!!! ?

broncobuster2550

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Something slow
Glad you're enjoying your BS and putting it through its paces! Did you use a ski rack, or toss everything in the back?

jhbass

First Edition
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I really like this feature, if I run in to grab a mobile order coffee I'll just leave the BS running and if I think that I am going to be a few mins I'll lock the doors. My Mercedes wouldn't do that and the service manager at the dealership told me that someone can easily jump into the car and drive right off and they could drive as far as they wanted as long as they didn't turn the car off.
Sponsored