TakeTheBlack

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2020 Mazda CX-9
I snagged a 2022 Bronco Sport Badlands in Area 51 with Assist+ and Premium tonight which should arrive by the end of the month. Much thanks to posts on this board which allowed me to stay a step ahead of my Ford sales people (6 dealerships) regarding build dates, etc.

I lost 3 vehicles in 5 days to other buyers. "Oops.. that second one is now gone"...
I even put down non refundable $500 reserve on one Outer Banks model (which I will lose..) two days ago in order to get the Badlands.

I owned a 1989 Bronco II.. The Bronco Sport is essentially the same concept (baby brother of the Ford Bronco)....

Before there was the 2021 Bronco Sport there was the Bronco II.
I owned the "Luxurious" loaded "Eddie Bauer" Bronco II. It came with "Exclusive Eddie Bauer Edition" luggage.

Here is a print ad from a magazine from 1988/1989. Not much has changed... ?
As I recall the Bronco II was so top heavy there were news stories on how easy it was to roll.
I loved mine..

Ford Bronco Sport My Second Time Around.. 1989_BroncoII_Ad
Sponsored

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
As I recall the Bronco II was so top heavy there were news stories on how easy it was to roll.
I loved mine..

I've owned two of them, an 86 that was stock and have now an 88 that has a two inch lift and bigger tires.

I don't know what it takes to roll one but all I can say is that I never came close. I'm sure that you can if you try hard enough but you'd have to work at it.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I loved mine..

I've owned two of them, an 86 that was stock and have now an 88 that has a two inch lift and bigger tires.

I don't know what it takes to roll one but all I can say is that I never came close. I'm sure that you can if you try hard enough but you'd have to work at it.

760Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport

someone posted a motor trend article a few weeks back about the Bronco 2.
It was rolling over in emergency maneuvers, apparently ford knew about it and didn’t want to invest the money to widen the frame. So, they kind of swept it under the rug. The Bronco 2 got a bad reputation for rollovers, so they killed it off, made the necessary changes and rebranded it as the Ford Explorer for 1991.

Bill G

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport Badlands, 66 Tiger
I had an '82 full size Bronco -- lemon, 'nuf said. Traded it for an '83 Eddie Bauer Bronco 2. It was great fun and I did some really stupid things with it -- off road . . . mud . . . steep drop off -- but never came close to rolling it over!
Waited and waited and finally have BSBL -- now I'm too old to do really stupid things, but I really like this vehicle. Good luck to all you who get 'em while you can still do "stupid things".

OP
OP
TakeTheBlack

TakeTheBlack

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
.. have now an 88 that has a two inch lift and bigger tires.
You have a running Bronco II? There must be a side by side photo with your new one on here somewhere. Awesome!

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll have to get a pic of them together.

I do have a side by side of the BII and a dealer Mannequin of a sasquatch Black Diamond 2dr if you want to see that.

ESBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Fusion 15 Patriot 03 CooperS 85 F150

I had an 86 that was a little tipsy. Swapped the stock ATX Firestones for a little wider and seemingly softer touring tire and it got a lot more stable. No good off road after that though. Didn’t do much of that anyway so not much trade off. Still I loved that truck

OP
OP
TakeTheBlack

TakeTheBlack

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here's the BII and the mannequin Bronco 2dr.
Fantastic! Can we see a photo with the Bronco on the left placed in the storage area in the back of the Bronco on the right?

I am also reminded of a documentary I watched last night on the 1987 version of Air Force One and the 2025 version.

Air Force One (Current, 1987 Design on left, Artist Render of 2025 on right)
Ford Bronco Sport My Second Time Around.. MeetingRoom1987.PNG
Ford Bronco Sport My Second Time Around.. MeetingRoom2025.PNG

Robins21

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 05 F150, 99 Explorer, 69 Stang
My wife had a 1985 Bronco II, 2.8L V-6 & a 5 spd trans 4x4. It was a fun truck to drive.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fantastic! Can we see a photo with the Bronco on the left placed in the storage area in the back of the Bronco on the right?
The weird thing is that the old BII feels roomier to me. I think that is mostly due to the center console being too high and the way the back seats for down in the Bronco (not flat and level).

OP
OP
TakeTheBlack

TakeTheBlack

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep. Full size Ford truck is essentially same thing with the two cup holders sideways (luxury!). This keeps fight from “who gets which cup holder” at bay. Well worth $20k more.
Sponsored