Move up (maybe) to a full size Bronco?

Would you move up to a full size Bronco in the future?

• Total voters

Cliff White

Badlands
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07GT/CS, Ranger, Escape, Harley
I bought a 2022 Bronco Badlands first, then bought the 2022 BS Badlands as a run around town grocery getter. That being said, the BS works amazingly well off road. Photo on side is at the Alabama Hills near Lone Pine. Look at your owners manual cover for the same location shoot. Below is a photo of both Broncos.
Ford Bronco Sport Move up (maybe) to a full size Bronco? BothBroncs
Sponsored

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
I bought a 2022 Bronco Badlands first, then bought the 2022 BS Badlands as a run around town grocery getter. That being said, the BS works amazingly well off road. Photo on side is at the Alabama Hills near Lone Pine. Look at your owners manual cover for the same location shoot. Below is a photo of both Broncos.
Hey, I'm heading up to Mammoth this weekend and was thinking of hitting up Laurel Lake. The trail looks really doable and I'm almost certain I've driven worse and rougher trails. Have you driven it? Do you think it'd be fine?

As far as I can tell there may just be a clearance issue but so long as I ride on top of the rocks I should be fine, I think.

EricCif

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Would love a full size as I live surrounded by beaches. But I already have a Ranger Lariat and the BS Badlands is hers and she doesn't care a ton about a serious off roader. She only demands leather and a sunroof.

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
I don't do any off-roading, so my OBX suits me just fine. I would consider getting a new OBX if the 2.0 motor was offered.
🤞 Yep!

PugDad

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BSBL
They look like twins, with the one on the left on steroids.

On3Adam

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
I’ve been waiting and watching the prices go down for full size. I like my sport but I really want the fullsize Bronco

scaryhours

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BB
Every full size I've driven has been built like garbage. Too many issues need ironed out before I'd even remotely consider one.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Every full size I've driven has been built like garbage. Too many issues need ironed out before I'd even remotely consider one.
What issues have you seen? I’ve driven several both on and off road and none have had any issues, but then I only drove them for around a hour or so. Both V6 and 4’s, autos and sticks and I don’t recall anything that stuck out. I know there has been some quality issues just as there has been with the Sport but nothing that would stop me from buying one.

scaryhours

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BB
3 of my friends have them. Both leak water through the hard top. My other buddy has a 2D and its axle tube pulled out of the rear housing about 1/2" and started leaking. All 3 have interior rattles and an overall cheap feeling. Both engines offered suffer from reliability issues. The manual transmission grinds while driving. There's no way I'd go near one.
If you're bored one night, start reading here: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/forums/issues-repairs-warranty-tsb-recalls.118/

RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Shadow Black Badlands
Source for the BS Hood Bump vinyls? Or are they paint or vinyls for a full size Bronc?

Goinbroke2

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco sport badlands
HAHA! I started a thread on exactly this and then went scrolling and found this one.
Well to sum up, after driving a bronco and a ranger, the little bit of capability we might get (better break over angle) is nullified by the loss of better mileage, better ride, number of cup holders, place to put her purse and a few more.
So while we "were" going to step up (that was the point of buying it in the first place) I don't think we are now. With the lift, bigger tires and of course extra skid plates, this is as capable as we currently need. (and this is what I mean by capable if you haven't seen it)

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
3 of my friends have them. Both leak water through the hard top. My other buddy has a 2D and its axle tube pulled out of the rear housing about 1/2" and started leaking. All 3 have interior rattles and an overall cheap feeling. Both engines offered suffer from reliability issues. The manual transmission grinds while driving. There's no way I'd go near one.
If you're bored one night, start reading here: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/forums/issues-repairs-warranty-tsb-recalls.118/
I’ve been active on that forum for 3 years and this one for 2. Similar threads on both, I’ll take my chances.

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/isolated-problems-or-the-ford-norm.5246/

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/leaking-rear-roof-21’-ob.8448/

Last edited:

scaryhours

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BB
I’ve been active on that forum for 3 years and this one for 2. Similar threads on both, I’ll take my chances.

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/isolated-problems-or-the-ford-norm.5246/

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/leaking-rear-roof-21’-ob.8448/
I’m not gonna spend your money, but the Bronco Sport is built better than the full size. Look at the complaints here vs any full size bronco forum. Good luck to you.

RM951

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 bronco sport badlands
I fully intend to give my daughter the BSBL and get myself the full size badlands. Intend being the operative word here
Sponsored